IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.hometownstations.com/story/21653469/coroner-bodies-found-in-creek-had-water-in-lungs

NEW ALBANY, Ind. (AP) - A southern Indiana coroner says she found water in the lungs of a woman and two children who were found dead in a creek and that they might have drowned.

Floyd County Coroner Leslie Knable tells The Courier-Journal of Louisville, Ky. (http://cjky.it/13XDDim ) that autopsy results showed the victims suffered injuries consistent with having been in water. Official causes of death won't be determined until toxicology results are in, which could take up to four weeks.

The bodies of 35-year-old Jamie Clutter, 10-year-old Brandon Clutter and 6-month-old Katelyn Clutter were found in a New Albany creek by a passer-by Wednesday evening.

Knable didn't say how long the bodies were in the water but said it was likely a matter of hours, not days.

Pastor: Husband saw 'odd things' near apartment

The family pastor for a woman found dead alongside her two children in a southern Indiana creek says the woman and her husband had seen "odd" and unexplainable things happen around their apartment complex during the time they lived there.

Greater Faith Church pastor J. Todd Nichols says 47-year-old Michael Clutter told him he went to police around 5 p.m. Wednesday after he arrived home from work and found his wife and children missing but their car and apartment keys inside the unit.

Causes of death released for children found in New Albany creek

New Albany officials said 10-year-old Brandon Clutter and 6-month-old Katelyn Clutter drowned.

Officials said the cause of death for their mother, 35-year-old Jamie Clutter, will be released at a later time.

The three bodies were found, unclothed, in Binford Park on Wednesday evening.

Their clothes, a baby harness and Bible were found nearby.

Police said the three were last seen alive Monday morning, but the bodies were in the water less than a day.

Police said the children's father has been cooperative and given consent to search vehicles and the family's home.

Police said they have not ruled out murder-suicide in the case and said there is no need for people to fear for their safety.

Strange situation ... this caught my attention because it's very close to where I live. Sadly it's starting to sound like a murder/suicide due to some extreme religious beliefs :(

So they were naked in the creek (water) but the cloths were found near by, along with a bible.

Toxicology results may reveal additional information. I wonder if there was any poison involved. IMO at the moment without any further information, this is looking like it may have something to do with religious delusions.

eta: WhitneyLea didn't see your post until after I posted mine.

"'Odd' and unexplainable things." Hm.

My second thought of what may have happened, I will keep to myself for now. It would be associated with the quote. To bad they didn't elaborate on what odd and unexplainable things were seen.

I can see the questioning now....What was odd that you saw? Well I can't explain it.

It wasn't part of an actual stories, but there were several I ran across where commenters were talking about the son (yes, the 10 y/o) being some kind of religious fanatic or something like that. I think they were on stories from Indianapolis. I don't remember seeing any on the Louisville news sites (the closest large city). I did, though, read where there was a child-seat up in a tree with a bible in it.

The local stuff has things "leaning toward" murder/suicide (or at least that's what it sounds like from the relatively few details) but not stating that by any means.
I think they will have to get toxicology back or find a suspect before that can be determined. They were all found naked and drowned in a small creek said to be 12" deep. Judging by most other creeks in the area, it was likely "up to" 12" deep. If you were to physically drown a person in that small of a creek you'd have to forcefully get them down in the water and hold them down. Surely some kind of injury or bruising at the very least should have been noted were that the case. It wasn't (or publicly released) if there were bruising/injuries to the bodies.

Similiar to last link and video with little more information:

http://www.whas11.com/news/indiana/Floyd-Co-officials-release-details--198508201.html

Family members said the Clutters moved to New Albany to be closer to a new job at a Louisville printing company and the Greater Faith Church, which they began visiting regularly about four years ago.

"Off and on probably twice a year they would come down from seattle," Greater Faith Rev. J. Todd Nichols said.

Jaime's father talked over the phone with WHAS11 News Friday.
" Everything seemed to be going really, really well for them. He was doing good on his job. They got involved in a church over there. Them people was just great and everything was wonderful. It seemed like everything was good," William Pink, Jaime's father, said.

Police say Mike Clutter has cooperated completely, allowing officers to search his apartment and cars.

Aberdeen neighbors remember woman, kids found slain in Indiana

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today...s-remember-woman-kids-found-slain-in-indiana/

A relative who asked that her name be withheld remembered Jaime Clutter Thursday night as a loving woman protective of her children and devoted to her faith.

“I just cannot say enough; sweet, heart of gold,” she said. “I just hope whoever did this gets caught quickly. Someone who would kill a baby on the street is dangerous.”

A South Aberdeen neighbor whose son played with Brandon Clutter described the boy as quiet and “to himself,” but enthusiastic about his church, often inviting neighbors. He said Brandon Clutter had been home-schooled while living in Aberdeen. The family is believed to have attended services at a local Pentecostal church several times a week.

I can't find any social media on these people...

I haven't found anything either. They may not have had much interest in that sort of thing. The way they have been described by neighbors, they kept to themselves, home schooled the boy and were very active in the church. I'm getting the impression most of their activities and social circle were within the church.

Their deep faith was mentioned by just about everyone in MSM that spoke about them.

It is so odd that they would be naked. I cannot even imagine convincing a 10 yr old boy to take his clothes off to get into a stream with his mom and baby sister. Something very odd and unexplainable for sure.

It is so odd that they would be naked. I cannot even imagine convincing a 10 yr old boy to take his clothes off to get into a stream with his mom and baby sister. Something very odd and unexplainable for sure.

Baptism?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back