IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the purpose of a grand jury is to make sure that there is enough evidence to prosecute SOMEONE....not to find out WHO that someone is? i am not a lawyer , but this is how the defintion of the purpose of a grand jury reads IMO!? anybody know?? wonder if Henderson has a suspect, but needs the grand jury to decide if there is enough evidence to prosecute?

That was the reason I wondered what church the Chief of Police went to because someone or something is obstructing the flow of information in this case, and possibly even the investigation itself.

I am at a loss as to why or how, but I am convinced this church has something to do with it.

i am too...someone connected to the investigation is knee-deep in that church and I think Henderson knows it!

I had to stop reading after "Bethany". Had to bite my tongue, too.

http://www.greaterfaithchurch.org/275325.ihtml

Coastal! Thanx soooo much for the link 2 GF New website....the new & improved version is quite the up-date! i find the timing to be disturbing & bad Christian manners; however the content, i find to be blatant cult-doomsday propaganda! they hold services every two hours from 9am-7pm, 7 days a week! u can bet the grand jury will be very interested in WHO their members are, & how much $$ has been tithed since March 15th, and by whom. also, if Nichols was the good buddy of MC, like he spouted off to be, why did MC move 3hrs away? since i last posted, i have spoken to many fundimental penticostals in the area, & GF is considered extreme & not "biblicaly sound", even by their peers...i believe the word "indoctrinated " was used, although i am not sure in what context that was meant. i tried to attend one Sun. am & could not bring myself to open the car door. i do not know why, but i felt threatened, in a dark, heavy, spiritual way. people were waving & coming up to the car like they knew me! i acted lost & split. i had the overwhelming feeling that had i gone inside, i might find it hard to get back out....maybe i should try a week day morning prayer meeting...maybe less of a throng. i believe that the sheep in this flock would suspect my wolfs clothing! LOL!

I don't know about that, but the church does sure teach that almost every other church and belief system is wrong. Look up Irvin Baxter. I would be more inclined to suspect someone affiliated.

YES! and this is the hallmark of their belief system: EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG.

I'm still convinced this is another sad case of PPD/PPP murder/suicide. I think Michael is having a very hard time reconciling it, and is pressuring the DA, and the DA is now pressuring the PD to wrap it up.

Looks like there was some pre-existing conflict or tension between the DA and the PD, for the DA to come out as he did yesterday.

I don't think this will go to a grand jury. The tox reports are now moving where they need to go. The PD is on notice that they need to wrap it up. The DA will issue a report before too long.

:cow:

WELL cHEESE, ITS GOING TO THE GRAND JURY/ this thing has been covered up since the get go & Prosecutor Henderson knows it...correct me if im wrong, & no, i will not take it personal if u do not, but i thought the purpose of a grand jury is not, specifically search & discovery, but primarily to decide if there is enough evidence for the prosecution to convict an individual/s? this would mean they have a suspect, but need grand jury subpeonas to indict?? or gather search warrants, etc?

I'm still convinced this is another sad case of PPD/PPP murder/suicide. I think Michael is having a very hard time reconciling it, and is pressuring the DA, and the DA is now pressuring the PD to wrap it up.

Looks like there was some pre-existing conflict or tension between the DA and the PD, for the DA to come out as he did yesterday.

I don't think this will go to a grand jury. The tox reports are now moving where they need to go. The PD is on notice that they need to wrap it up. The DA will issue a report before too long.

:cow:

a prosecutor may choose to use a grand jury on indictments because under the secrecy of the grand jury, the prosecution does not have to reveal evidence before a trial. but there must be a suspect/s. is henderson talking about grand jury indictments on the LE's/PD?

the purpose of a grand jury is to make sure that there is enough evidence to prosecute SOMEONE....not to find out WHO that someone is? i am not a lawyer , but this is how the defintion of the purpose of a grand jury reads IMO!? anybody know?? wonder if Henderson has a suspect, but needs the grand jury to decide if there is enough evidence to prosecute?

Info about the Grand Jury and their functions
http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/2010/title35/ar34/ch2.html

a prosecutor may choose to use a grand jury on indictments because under the secrecy of the grand jury, the prosecution does not have to reveal evidence before a trial. but there must be a suspect/s. is henderson talking about grand jury indictments on the LE's/PD?

Glad to see you back, althea!

First, I'm really impressed with PA Mr. Henderson's outlook and record:

http://floydcountyprosecutor.org/abouttheoffice/biography-of-keith-a-henderson/

Floyd County Prosecutor Keith A. Henderson is a strong advocate for the aggressive prosecution of drug related offenses and violent crime.

Keith A. Henderson is a former State Trooper who served as First Sergeant and Legal Adviser for the Indiana State Police. He was appointed to the Office of Prosecutor in Crawford County, Indiana on March 13, 1998 and elected to a full term the following November. In 2002, Mr. Henderson was elected to the Office of the Floyd County Prosecutor and he has served as such since January 1, 2003, having won re-election in 2006 and 2010. Mr. Henderson received a B.A. in Criminal Justice from Valparaiso University and a J.D. from the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville.

Mr. Henderson instructs law enforcement agencies and Prosecuting Attorney Councils at conferences and lectures within the Southern Indiana region and across the country. He has been a featured speaker for the International Association for Identification, the Missouri Capital Litigation Conference, and frequently lectures for the Indiana Prosecuting Attorney’s Council.

Statements from Henderson and his office, the coroner and Chief Knight about the investigation and the grand jury:

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/83f3b1ec0df444e6b94cd13bb0f32a7f/IN--Indiana-Creek-Bodies

Keith says the grand jury will either return indictments or issue a statement about the deaths upon its conclusion.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...hs-New-Albany-mother-two-children-found-creek

In a statement Wednesday, spokeswoman Erynn McInnis said the prosecutor’s office had not received any new information from New Albany Police investigators since mid-March and that the goal is to further the investigation.........

“If this grand jury is to find out the facts of the case and how the investigation is going, I’m glad. It’s definitely warranted,” [Coroner] Knable said............

The fact that Henderson announced he would seek a grand jury before investigators could submit a complete report is “premature,” the chief said, adding that Henderson had not contacted investigators to discuss the matter.

Earlier this month, Maj. Keith Whitlow said that the investigation has been slowed by the fact that the Clutters had moved recently to New Albany from Aberdeen, Wash. New Albany police intended to ask police there to conduct interviews for them, Whitlow said.

Prosecutors and grand jurors themselves can question witnesses, including police investigators, and ultimately a grand jury returning an indictment must determine if it’s likely that a defendant is guilty. It’s then up to a prosecutor to decide if criminal charges are appropriate.

Thanks for pulling out all those quotes Reader. Something seems afoul, at the least these various folks aren't coordinating. I'm looking forward to the grand jury. I have never seen anywhere that they actually completed those interviews in the Aberdeen area. I don't think her parents are so happy with all this either.

new information in this case to be released later today, according to WDRB News in Louisville just minutes ago!!!

I hope the new information provides some justice. This has been the strangest case and sad too.

New Albany police to release new details in death of mother and children

http://www.wdrb.com/story/22279930/...e-new-details-in-death-of-mother-and-children

NEW ALBANY, Ind. (WDRB) -- New Albany Police Chief Sherri Knight has scheduled a press conference this morning to discuss the investigation into the deaths of a mother and two children. ...........

The press conference is set for 10:30 a.m. in the City-County Building in New Albany. We'll bring you the latest information as soon as it becomes available.

WDRB News ‏@WDRBNews 1m
A 10:30 news conf. has been called regarding a woman and her two children who were found dead in a New Albany creek.

wave3news ‏@wave3news 12m
#BREAKING: #NAPD to hold 10:30 news conference. Jaime, Brandon, Katelyn Clutter found dead in creek 03/13. http://bit.ly/10CEGxf #wave3news

WELL cHEESE, ITS GOING TO THE GRAND JURY/ this thing has been covered up since the get go & Prosecutor Henderson knows it...correct me if im wrong, & no, i will not take it personal if u do not, but i thought the purpose of a grand jury is not, specifically search & discovery, but primarily to decide if there is enough evidence for the prosecution to convict an individual/s? this would mean they have a suspect, but need grand jury subpeonas to indict?? or gather search warrants, etc?

Sorry I missed your posts to me, althea. I've been following a lot of cases and trials recently, and didn't see them until now.

I'm sorry, I don't know if a case presented to a grand jury has to have a suspect or suspects presented along with it, or if it can simply be to determine if a wrongful death occurred. I don't know what the process is if the prosecutor suspects murder/suicide, and the suspect is already deceased. I don't know what the process is if the prosecutor suspects murder, and the suspect is unknown. I don't know what the process is if the prosecutor suspects accidental death. I don't know what the process is when the prosecutor hasn't seen the police reports or spoken with police. I don't know what the process is when no cause or manner of death has been determined. So I can't answer your questions.

Maybe we'll get some answers this morning in the news conference.

Scott Adkins ‏@ScottAdkinsWAVE 2m
BREAKING: Clutter deaths: mother suffered serious mental illness #wave3news @wave3news

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 3m
BREAKING: Police investigation into Clutter deaths over. Jamie Clutter suffered from serious mental illness

Grace Schneider ‏@gesinfk 1m
Mrs. Clutter was delusional and spoke of "demonic presences" . thought the family was being stalked by these presences" before the deaths.

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 2m
BREAKING: wounds on Jamie Clutter's body superficial. Not consistent with trauma. Likely from being submerged in body of water.

#BREAKING: toxicology results on Jaime Clutter: no substances found in her body #wave3news @wave3news

#BREAKING: all info on Clutter deaths coming from New Albany Police #wave3news @wave3news

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 3m
BREAKING: Jamie Clutter suffered from grandiose delusions..paranoid about being stalked by demonic presences. Made incoherent statements

Joe Arnold ‏@joearnoldreport 3m
New Albany PD: Jaime Clutter's mental illness, w/ hypothermia led to Clutter drowning her 2 children. Grandiose delusions, demonic concerns

Paul Miles ‏@PaulMiles84 31s
New Albany Police: Jaime Clutter drowned two children. It was murder. @whasnews

WDRB News ‏@WDRBNews 54s
UPDATE: Authorities say Jamie Clutter killed her children and herself. No charges have been filed. http://bit.ly/16DWQqX

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 1m
BREAKING: Jamie Clutter drowned kids..then she drowned. Expert says she likely suffered from postpartum depression and psychosis

Grace Schneider ‏@gesinfk 52s
Mental illness was a big factor. Mrs. Clutter drowned her 2 kids, then killed herself. Hypo. Was a big factor ... http://tmi.me/VSRLn

Renee Murphy ‏@WHAS11Renee 1m
RT @joearnoldreport: New Albany PD: Clutter family murders.Jaime Clutter drowned children then herself - Mental illness the primary cause.

Scott Adkins ‏@ScottAdkinsWAVE 1m
#BREAKING: mother drowned children, then herself #wave3news @wave3news

Joe Arnold ‏@joearnoldreport 1m
New Albany PD: Clutter family murders.Jaime Clutter drowned children then herself - Mental illness the primary cause.

WDRB News ‏@WDRBNews 51s
Authorities say Jamie Clutter had serous mental issues. Toxicology results were negative. She her children drowned. http://bit.ly/16DWQqX

Scott Adkins ‏@ScottAdkinsWAVE 58s
#BREAKING: No arrests in Clutter case

Paul Miles ‏@PaulMiles84 1m
New Albany Police: Jaime Clutter, two children drowned in park. Clutter suffered serious mental illness. @whasnews pic.twitter.com/sekoacxII7

BREAKING: Clutter family all died from drowning. Hypothermia a contributing factor.

Scott Adkins ‏@ScottAdkinsWAVE 1m
#BREAKING: Mother's death ruled as hypothermia, impaired because of mental illness #wave3news @wave3news

Grace Schneider ‏@gesinfk 2m
Mrs Clutter had a serious mental disorder, says NA Police chief Sherri Knight. Cause of death was drowning, ... http://tmi.me/VSQEr

WDRB News ‏@WDRBNews 36s
UPDATE: Authorities say Jamie Clutter killed her children and herself. No charges have been filed
BREAKING: Jamie Clutter drowned kids..then she drowned. Expert says she likely suffered from postpartum depression and psychosis
BREAKING: Jamie Clutter suffered from grandiose delusions..paranoid about being stalked by demonic presences. Made incoherent statements
#BREAKING: toxicology results on Jaime Clutter: no substances found in her body #wave3news @wave3news
BREAKING: wounds on Jamie Clutter's body superficial. Not consistent with trauma. Likely from being submerged in body of water.

Postpartum depression and psychosis are terrible, terrible illnesses. It happens to good women, good moms. The women sometimes are unable to get help, because they either don't know what's wrong, are ashamed of the thoughts they're having, or because they don't even know that something is wrong. The results can be devastatingly tragic.

Rest in peace, Brandon, Katelyn, and Jaime.

Wow... well maybe many of you were right and I was wrong, but how did they determine she suffered from a major mental illness?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416
Back