IN - Nicholas Thrash charged with child molestation, Marion, May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No words. Deeply sad and sickened.

I can't say I've ever known anyone pregnant at 10...I don't know that she could carry the baby safely? Or could she? Medical WS members?

Cant find the words to post.

Love and light. :heartbeat:

Eta: Paging my girl LaborDayRN.

It's rare, but possible, for young girls to become pregnant. These pregnancies have higher rates of miscarriage but it's definitely possible to carry to term. The youngest mother in the world was a Peruvian girl, just 5 years old when she gave birth, and 4 when she became pregnant. Nobody was ever prosecuted. These poor girls. I highly recommend never reading the wikipedia page called 'list of youngest birth mothers'. That was a mistake. I hope this man gets the highest possible sentence. MOO this girl needs to be given an abortion, though only if she agrees. Forcing her to go through many more months of pregnancy and then birth (likely a c-section) is awful.

No words. Deeply sad and sickened.

I can't say I've ever known anyone pregnant at 10...I don't know that she could carry the baby safely? Or could she? Medical WS members?

Cant find the words to post.

Love and light. :heartbeat:

Eta: Paging my girl LaborDayRN.

Heartbreaking. Makes me physically sick to think about it. The youngest I've seen in practice was 12 at the time of conception. The father was also 12.
This will be a high risk pregnancy for both the 10 year old and the fetus (if allowed to continue). Delivery will most likely be by cesarean section. What kind of monster does this to a little girl!!!!

Accused child molester impregnated 10-year-old girl, police say
http://abc7.com/news/police-child-molester-impregnated-10-year-old-girl/2021004/

"A man is in custody after police say he molested and impregnated a 10-year-old in Marion, Indiana.

Nicholas Deon Thrash is facing 10 counts of child molesting.

The victim's family says the man accused of molesting and impregnating the then 10-year-old girl was no stranger. In fact, he was living with her mother."
Monster! 😠😠

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

What's the other option? Make her experience an abortion?? No good answer. I'm surprised this young child's body has held that baby. I'm sure they were all expecting her to miscarry.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
If this had happened to me at that young of an age I honestly don't know what I'd do. This is a very hard situation and no easy way out of it.
The victim deserve to continue on in her life and just be a child.

But, honestly how can she ever go back to being "just a child" ?? This is too heartbreaking 😢

At 20 weeks, the method of abortion necessary is basically like an induced labor and assisted birth (D&E). The poor child will likely need a cesarean surgery if she goes to term unless the baby is extremely small. No way she will not be traumatized no matter how that baby comes out. Men like that predator should be OUT of the gene pool. Poor little lamb of a child. My heart goes out to her.

It's rare, but possible, for young girls to become pregnant. These pregnancies have higher rates of miscarriage but it's definitely possible to carry to term. The youngest mother in the world was a Peruvian girl, just 5 years old when she gave birth, and 4 when she became pregnant. Nobody was ever prosecuted. These poor girls. I highly recommend never reading the wikipedia page called 'list of youngest birth mothers'. That was a mistake. I hope this man gets the highest possible sentence. MOO this girl needs to be given an abortion, though only if she agrees. Forcing her to go through many more months of pregnancy and then birth (likely a c-section) is awful.

I made the same mistake (looking up the list of youngest mothers). It is heartbreaking to see how many little girls went through pregnancy and birth. Several 9 and 10 year olds in the US, too. :frown:

(Thank you...sorry you had to read that...thanks for the warning...I don't understand though how a 4 or 5 year old could even get pregnant (no period?) or got her menses at 5??

(Thank you...sorry you had to read that...thanks for the warning...I don't understand though how a 4 or 5 year old could even get pregnant (no period?) or got her menses at 5??

It is called precocious puberty. Early onset of puberty before the age of 8 in girls, 9 in boys. There are different reason why this can happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precocious_puberty

This is Lina Medina's Wikipedia page, the woman that gave birth at 5 years old, in 1938. She is still alive. She has never revealed who the father of the child was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Medina

This makes me so angry. These stupid women who have kids, who shack up with some guy, they are quick to bring a virtual stranger into the home of their innocent children, all becuz they need a man. Some of these women put more thought and consideration into buying a pair of shoes than picking a partner.

Accused child molester impregnated 10-year-old girl, police say
http://abc7.com/news/police-child-molester-impregnated-10-year-old-girl/2021004/

"A man is in custody after police say he molested and impregnated a 10-year-old in Marion, Indiana.

Nicholas Deon Thrash is facing 10 counts of child molesting.

The victim's family says the man accused of molesting and impregnating the then 10-year-old girl was no stranger. In fact, he was living with her mother."

I have thought this same thing time and time again. As much as I attempt not to judge (from a personal perspective) the women in these situations, I just can't get past their inability to see beyond their own needs to those of their children.
As someone who is training in social work, I would say we need more education. Warnings about strangers have been around for decades but they focus on children and not talking to people they don't know outside their homes. This concept needs to be expanded to educate adults about the effects of allowing people we don't know into our homes and around our children.
This makes me so angry. These stupid women who have kids, who shack up with some guy, they are quick to bring a virtual stranger into the home of their innocent children, all becuz they need a man. Some of these women put more thought and consideration into buying a pair of shoes than picking a partner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have thought this same thing time and time again. As much as I attempt not to judge (from a personal perspective) the women in these situations, I just can't get past their inability to see beyond their own needs to those of their children.
As someone who is training in social work, I would say we need more education. Warnings about strangers have been around for decades but they focus on children and not talking to people they don't know outside their homes. This concept needs to be expanded to educate adults about the effects of allowing people we don't know into our homes and around our children.

Just using your post as a jumping off point ... What happened to common sense? Even animals instinctively protect their young. We now have to educate adults to protect their own children? That's so very, very, sad.

It makes me sad too, I have a really good friend (single mom) who waited to date after her daughters were nearly out of school for this reason.

You just can't be letting any kind of strange men around ur kids like that. Too much opportunity for stuff like this to occur. But some single mom's have that "I just gotta have a man" syndrome and unfortunately put the safety of the kids on the back burner.
Not all single moms, but some of them are like this.

Just using your post as a jumping off point ... What happened to common sense? Even animals instinctively protect their young. We now have to educate adults to protect their own children? That's so very, very, sad.

It makes me sad too, I have a really good friend (single mom) who waited to date after her daughters were nearly out of school for this reason.

You just can't be letting any kind of strange men around ur kids like that. Too much opportunity for stuff like this to occur. But some single mom's have that "I just gotta have a man" syndrome and unfortunately put the safety of the kids on the back burner.
Not all single moms, but some of them are like this.

Exactly!

I'm in total agreement! It is tragic that common sense isnt all that common anymore and future generations are paying the price.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC
Back