GUILTY IN - Noblesville, David Michael Fouts, 50, 24 APR 2020, wife GUILTY of conspiracy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

10/5/2021

Notice Issued to Parties
Because of current conditions in Hamilton County with respect to COVID-19, the jury trial scheduled for October 12, 2021, is congested off the Court's calendar. The final pretrial conference and jury trial will be reset in a later order with notice to the parties.
——-
Third continuance. I live in Hamilton County and had planned to attend. I am surprised of this notice is due to Covid actually. I am guessing there may be other reasons in play…

Katrina Fouts
01/19/2022
Hearing Scheduling Activity
Jury Trial originally scheduled on 01/24/2022 at 9:00 AM was rescheduled to 02/28/2022 at 9:00 AM. Reason: Court's Own Motion

Former Indiana police officer charged with murder dies prior to trial

Terry Wayne Hopkins, 66, died Feb. 3, according to court records.

He was charged with murder, conspiracy to commit murder and failure to report human remains. Hopkins' trial was scheduled to begin April 18 in Hamilton County Superior Court 3. After Hopkins' death, the case was formally dismissed.

Katrina Fouts, 56, also is charged with the same three crimes, plus false informing, related to the April 2020 death of her husband, David Michael Fouts. Katrina Fouts was a lifelong friend of Hopkins.

Her trial is scheduled to begin Feb. 28.

I have testified. Mrs Fouts was found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder and failure to report human remains. We had a piece of evidence which the jury would have liked which would have given us the murder as well, judge had not allowed it though.

Mr Hopkins died of several health issues while in custody.

I have testified. Mrs Fouts was found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder and failure to report human remains. We had a piece of evidence which the jury would have liked which would have given us the murder as well, judge had not allowed it though.

Mr Hopkins died of several health issues while in custody.

Sure would like to know how she escaped a murder conviction. What was the evidence that was not allowed @CyresAres1 ? Was her defense Hopkins did it?

Congrats Detective @CyresAres1
Hamilton County jury finds Pendleton woman guilty of conspiracy to commit murder – Hamilton County Reporter

“I am extremely proud of Chief Deputy Prosecutor Andre Miksha and Deputy Prosecutor Eric Massey for their hard work and dedication in this case,” said Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney D. Lee Buckingham II. “They have worked tirelessly on this complex case with detectives from the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office under very difficult circumstances throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. I would be remiss to not also recognize the considerable investment of time and resources by the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office, especially by lead detective G. Lockhart and his fellow detectives, during the homicide’s investigation and preparations for this trial.”

Congrats Detective @CyresAres1
Hamilton County jury finds Pendleton woman guilty of conspiracy to commit murder – Hamilton County Reporter

“I am extremely proud of Chief Deputy Prosecutor Andre Miksha and Deputy Prosecutor Eric Massey for their hard work and dedication in this case,” said Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney D. Lee Buckingham II. “They have worked tirelessly on this complex case with detectives from the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office under very difficult circumstances throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. I would be remiss to not also recognize the considerable investment of time and resources by the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office, especially by lead detective G. Lockhart and his fellow detectives, during the homicide’s investigation and preparations for this trial.”
Well done @CyresAres1 !

To my knowledge this is the first case of an intentional killing using the Lyophyllum connatum and the toxin muscarine. I have learned so much about this and other mushrooms during this case.
Not even kidding- pitch this to Josh Mankiewicz et al.

additional info:
Katrina Fouts sentenced to prison after husband's body found in ditch (indystar.com)

Pendleton woman gets 34 years for murder conspiracy after husband's body found in ditch

Katrina Fouts never reported her husband missing or tried to call him after he disappeared, investigators said at the time. Police, however, discovered searches on her cellphone about poisonous mushrooms and queries about overdosing on medication. An autopsy revealed several poisonous mushroom chunks in David Fouts’ stomach.

A day before David Fouts’ body was found, Hopkins bought two blue tarps, a 6,4000-pound lifting sling, a 500-pound hydraulic lift and white zip ties at a tools store in Muncie, investigators said.

David Fouts worked as a senior consultant and technology architect at Salesforce in Indianapolis. Friends described him as an avid cyclist and multi-talented person with skills in woodworking and mechanics.

Katrina Fouts Sentenced for Conspiring to Murder David Fouts (lawandcrime.com)
A judge sentenced Katrina Louise Fouts to 34 years behind bars for conspiring to murder husband David Michael Fouts, 50, online records show.

Fouts was credited for 772 days of time served. She was also sentenced to 365 days in prison for failure to report human remains (with 183 days credit). The defendant’s sentences will run concurrently.

Other evidence including her searching Google for “how to pass a lie detector test,” authorities said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back