GUILTY IN - Owen Collins, 3, Bluffton, 17 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Zachary Barnes had posted on his fb that he was going away to State Prison for a few years for a parole violation, but not sure what he was originally in trouble for. That Jan 14th posting haunts me.

That is haunting. I wonder if anyone saw the baby after the 14th?

After reading the charges, I have a better understanding of WHY the neighbors called the cops and asked for a wellness check. :cry: They must have seen the chaotic, middle of the night trips into the woods, carrying something in a blanket? And heard the loud urgency of three meth freaks trying to figure out a plan.

Zachary Barnes had posted on his fb that he was going away to State Prison for a few years for a parole violation, but not sure what he was originally in trouble for. That Jan 14th posting haunts me.

He posted that some guy came to his house to mess with him and he "dealt with the guy" or some such, and the guy went to the cops. Unrelated, I think, but it's tragic to think that if he were arrested earlier, Owen might be alive today.

He posted that some guy came to his house to mess with him and he "dealt with the guy" or some such, and the guy went to the cops. Unrelated, I think, but it's tragic to think that if he were arrested earlier, Owen might be alive today.

There seems to be more to it than that. Did you read the very long apology?

Paraphrased:
I can never fix it or take back what happened. Lord knows I would pay any price in this life or the next to fix my mistakes. But sadly I have done this.. And there's no second chances..... this is my nightmare.

Their FB pages disappeared pretty fast. Before I found this thread. So, just from reading posts on here, y'all seem to feel that something was done to little Owen to harm him, and that he didn't just wander out of the house on his own and get lost in woods. ?

Did the man who had the disagreement with Owen's dad go to police and tell them that the dad was doing something illegal? Not connected with Owen? And neighbors called for the wellness check?

Poor little Owen, he was doomed from birth, wasn't he... imo

I am so sick of people like this having children. It is getting to the point that I don't even want to turn on the computer anymore. It is everywhere. On my FB feed, on the trending news and even on the local news.

From reading Zach's FB, it seems obvious to me that he does meth. He goes on and on in long philosophic nonsense, thinking he is making sense, which he is not. What a loser.

He made a Facebook post on 15 Sept that also mentions drugs.

Just finished going through his FB before it disappears. It struck me how much his daughter looks like little Bella :( I can't even come up with any words for how much I detest people who hurt children, and the "mothers" who allow it to happen.

So, when DID anyone else see little Owen last? How long was he really out there in the woods? Poor baby, I only hope it was fast, and he didn't suffer :(

RSBM

I just found and read this entire thread. Thank you all for your incredible work, for caring so much for this innocent little boy, with a gorgeous smile that could obviously light up a room. I saw the thread was in the Missing Forum Discussion, and had hope as I started reading. As 2Hope4's screenname says, I had hope, and I was praying with all I had that Owen would be found safely. Then, the fear and dread gripped my heart as I read on, and the little voice inside my head was screaming, "No, please, not again!" as my HinkyMeter responded. :cry:

We've seen this far too many times before. I can not understand it, and to be quite honest, I don't know that I ever will. Clinically, I can process it, but as a parent, I will never truly accept how a parent can justify doing this to their child, especially one who was as vulnerable as Owen. He relied upon you! His sun and moon rose and set with you. More than anything, he didn't ask to be brought into this world, and was your responsibility. You owed it to him to do right by him. That makes this betrayal far worse. That's just how I see it.

I hope with all of my broken heart that the punishment is befitting the crime, for anyone who brought him harm. His smile will haunt me for a long, LONG time.

I am beyond furious that they chose his fate - and hope their suffering for extinguishing his beautiful light has only just begun. They were judge,, jury and executioner to a THREE year old! Who does that? Who can be so cold and callous as to end the potential of a precious little boy who hasn't even started kindergarten yet? I am sitting here just thinking of all the things Owen will never have the chance to do, and the tears fall, unchecked....

2b07568889671ce8795cb6f2982b608d.jpg

...because Owen will never, EVER smile again on this earth again.

:tears:

May you rest in peace, Little One.

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sad. Hope they go away for a long time, looking at their fb pages they probably have many different types of withdrawals including selfies. I really feel sad for the other children too. The bf can't even post the child is missing only a new selfie of himself. I am screaming inside.

At first I thought it could be a boyfriend who doesn't want another mans child. But I will have to wait for more info. Have we seen anything on Owens dad yet?

Wow. The FB pages (and comments) make for brutal reading.

It appears Zachs brother Joey was the one who called the police, after something his brother said. At least one member of the family did a decent thing.

I feel so sad for this child, imagine what he went through for years before he was murdered. All the abuse this poor baby had in his 3 years of life. I hope these people rot and I hope they get the death penalty. So tired of people hurting babies.

Just based on a quick read through here, it sounded to me like the kid may have gotten into whatever was around, they chose to not seek medical attention at that time, decided to do the "wandered away or missing" story, and dumped the body farther away than I guess they thought people would search. I guess they didn't count on their story being so unbelievable that they would be telling LE where they put him in just a few hours. That's why LE didn't put out any info. They knew right away they had the perps already.

Wow. The FB pages (and comments) make for brutal reading.

It appears Zachs brother Joey was the one who called the police, after something his brother said. At least one member of the family did a decent thing.
So this girl has other children? God help them. I deleted my facebook account and am missing all the latest news.

Yet 1 of the comments on ZB's pg is from someone who identifies himself as being the father and he sticks up for the mom and blames ZB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back