Found Deceased IN - Paul Etter wanted for Kidnapping, Tippecanoe County, 22 June 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But he wasn't a convicted violent felon. Misdemeanor =/= felony. Arrest =/= conviction.
I thought it was a conviction but only as a misdemeanour? which case are you discussing the 97 or 99 one? They both took a long time, one till 2002 and the other till 2003. He also had an appeal in play as well so he really played the system. The law allowed DNA to be taken if it was a violent misdemeanour, e.g. a violent sex offence or a battery, so I don't know if the violent part (the battery) was dropped or just converted to a misdemeanour. Some of his charges just state 'converted'. MOO

This is the Residential Entry, Resisting arrest and Battery conviction details. (the resisting was dropped in the plea deal) He got a firearms ban too based on my understanding of the last bit of the first big paragraph.

The defendant now enters a plea of Guilty to the charge of Domestic Battery as a Class A Misdemeanor. Court finds factual basis for plea of guilty and accepts plea agreement and enters judgment of conviction on the charge of Count I, RESIDENTIAL ENTRY as a Class D Felony and Count III, BATTERY as a Class A Misdemeanor. The Court accepts the plea agreement and imposes the following sentence: 1. Imposes fine of $500.00, suspended upon completion of conditions of probation. 2. Imposes jail sentence of 3 years in Count I and 180 days in Count III, consecutive for a total of 3 years 180 days, 2 years suspended upon completion of conditions of probation. Defendant is ordered to serve 1 years executed in the Indiana Department of Corrections with credit for good time. Court recommends Work Release. If defendant is not accepted on Work Release or rejected at anytime, defendant will serve the executed sentence in the Indiana Department of Corrections. The Court places defendant on SUPERVISED probation for a period of one (1) year and UNSUPERVISED probation for a period of (1) one year on the following terms and conditions: A. Pay court costs of $129.00 to the Tippecanoe County Clerk; B. Good and lawful behavior; C. Follow all rules and pay all fees for probation; D. Attend, satisfactorily complete and pay all fees associated with the anti-violence assessment and counseling as recommended by COURT SERVICES, 117 North 4th Street, Suite A, Lafayette, IN. Must attend the orientation that you signed up for at the time of the guilty plea. No rescheduling is permitted. Defendant is ORDERED to return to Court in person on Monday July 15, 2002 at 1:00 p.m. to show evaluation with Court Services. If the defendant fails to appear in Court on said date, a warrant will issue for the defendant's arrest. Complete all recommended counseling and payment of all counseling by the exit interview date; E. Do not contact, harass, or annoy the victim. (SEE NO CONTACT ORDER) F. Make restitution to the victim, if any; G. Probation consecutive to any current probation; H. Waive 4th Amendment right to search and seizure; submit to and pay for random drug screen, as requested by Probation Department or any Law Enforcement Officer; I. Do not use or consume alcohol or alcoholic beverages or use or possess illegal substances; J. Do not enter any tavern, bar or liquor store while on probation; K. Notify Court of any change of address. The State of Indiana dismisses any remaining counts herein. All Court Service requirements including counseling, fees, community service, if any, to be completed by the date and time of the exit interview established by Court Services. All other fees, terms and conditions to be completed by the Friday before the probation review date listed below. The defendant is ORDERED to return to Court in person for probation review on Monday, December 02, 2002 at 1:00 p.m. to show completion of conditions of probation. If the defendant fails to appear in Court in person, a "no bond" warrants will issue for the defendant's arrest. No reminders will be sent. DEFENDANT IS ORDERED TO APPEAR IN COURT FOR ALL COURT HEARINGS TO SHOW WRITTEN PROOF. Defendant ordered to contact each agency this date to schedule programs. ***Defendant executes FIREARMS BAN. (SEE ORDER) Copy to: Defendant, JAMES ARTHUR GOTHARD, Probation Department, Court Services and Community Corrections (Copy of No Contact Order as indicated on order) (Copy of Firearms Ban) (dlm) Entered: June 17, 2002

06/17/2002
Judgment
Judicial Officer:
Zeman, Laura W
01. Residential Entry
• Conversion Unknown
06/17/2002
Judgment
Judicial Officer:
Zeman, Laura W
02. Resisting Law Enforcement
• Conversion Unknown
06/17/2002
Judgment
Judicial Officer:
Zeman, Laura W
03. Battery
• Conversion Unknown
06/17/2002
Converted Event
Calendar: Guilty Plea Hearing (Event Code: GP) (Judge: LAURA ZEMAN) (Time: 13:00:00)

06/18/2002
Converted Event
BOND MONEY HELD IN TRUST UNTIL FURTHER ORDERED FOR 500.00 PD FROM SHERRIF MURTAUGH ON 3-16-02 RECT J29441

06/18/2002
Converted Event
CRIMINAL COURT COSTS Receipt: 330088 Date: 06/18/2002

06/18/2002
Converted Event
ADMINISTRATION FEE Receipt: 330088 Date: 06/18/2002

06/18/2002
Converted Event
CK 189519 FOR 321.00 TO DEFT. AND CK 189520 FOR 179.00 TO CLERK FOR ADMN FEE & COSTS FROM CASH BOND RECT. J29441

06/20/2002
Converted Event
James Gothard, counsel for the defendant, and Kathy Gray, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, files Joint Motion for Modification of Sentence. Motion granted. This Court's sentencing Order of June 17, 2002 is modified to show: The defendant is ORDERED to serve an executed sentence of 2 1/2 years with a recommendation for house arrest (without credit for good time). If at any time the defendant is rejected from or not accepted on house arrest, he will serve 2 1/2 years in the Indiana Department of Corrections (with credit for good time). One year is suspended with supervised probation. In all other respects, the sentencing ORDER and all completion deadlines and probation review hearing dates remain the same. Copy: Defendant, Counsel, State, Work Release, House Arrest

07/15/2002
Converted Event
Defendant appears in Court and shows proof of Court Services scheduled evaluation on 8-12-02 and confirmation of commencement date for Work Release and is therefore compliant with the terms of probation . Defendant is ordered to return to Court on Monday, December 02, 2002 at 1:00 p.m. to show proof of completion of all terms of probation. Copy to: Defendant (gls) Entered: July 15, 2002

07/15/2002
Converted Event
Calendar: Probation Review (Event Code: PR) (Judge: LAURA ZEMAN) (Time: 13:00:00)

08/12/2002
Converted Event
COMMUNITY SERVICE FEE Receipt: 338662 Date: 08/12/2002

12/02/2002
Converted Event
Defendant appears in person and has completed all terms of probation except House Arrest. Defendant is currently on House Arrest. Court directs House Arrest to notify the Court should the defendant violate any terms of the program. Copy to: Defendant and House Arrest (dlm) Entered: December 2, 2002

12/02/2002
Converted Event
Calendar: Probation Review (Event Code: PR) (Judge: LAURA ZEMAN) (Time: 13:00:00)

11/15/2004
Converted Event
Attorney JAMES A GOTHARD files VERIFIED MOTION FOR MODIFICATION OF SENTENCE & file mk'd 11/12/04/mantle

11/17/2004
Converted Event
Defendant, by counsel, files Verified Motion for Modification of Sentence. In that the sentence was imposed on July 17, 2002 and was imposed pursuant to a Plea Agreement, the Court is without jurisdiction to modify the defendant's sentence without the consent of the Prosecuting Attorney. There being no showing that such consent has been granted, the defendant's motion is denied. Copy to: Defendant and Attorney Gothard (dlr) Entered: November 17, 2004

01/20/2005
Converted Event
Defendant completed 910 Home Detention, OWES FEES.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jconline.com/amp/1594524001

Continued investigation to see if anyone helped him hide from LE.

From article:

“Etter had been a Boy Scout in his youth, and he felt comfortable in the woods.”

"They said he loves the woods. He grew up out there," Goldsmith said. "He was in his comfort zone."

Hmmmmmmm.....

Last edited:

From article:

“Etter had been a Boy Scout in his youth, and he felt comfortable in the woods.”

"They said he loves the woods. He grew up out there," Goldsmith said. "He was in his comfort zone."

Hmmmmmmm.....
Anyone think there may be more to this ongoing investigation aside from if someone helped him these past 6 days? Imo they may need to keep it open to check for other past assaults so they can search his properties and interview family members. Don’t know the laws on that but if there is a lawyer around I would love to hear your thoughts on this ongoing investigation.

Last edited:
Anyone think there may be more to this ongoing investigation aside from if someone helped him these past 6 days? Imo they may need to keep it open to check for other past assaults so they can search his properties and interview family members. Don’t know the laws on that but if their is a lawyer around I would love to hear your thoughts on this ongoing investigation.

Not sure of state laws in Indiana, but I would think probable cause due to his charge of the sexual assault and kidnapping, should be enough to search his home, barn and properties. Especially all those cars and if any data foot prints. Cell ph records? At least check him out regarding his internet if any. Sites he is on could be an eye opener. Any Indiana Attorneys or experts please advise. Locals what is your take on this? Family photos of past locations he likes to visit.

Not sure of state laws in Indiana, but I would think probable cause due to his charge of the sexual assault and kidnapping, should be enough to search his home, barn and properties. Especially all those cars and if any data foot prints. Cell ph records? At least check him out regarding his internet if any. Sites he is on could be an eye opener. Any Indiana Attorneys or experts please advise. Locals what is your take on this? Family photos of past locations he likes to visit.
I’m no lawyer but yeah I’m sure LE started digging through all his stuff shortly after he evaded arrest on Saturday.

From the looks of the property with the barn (where assault happened) they’ll be there for a long time. Look up that property on bing maps instead of google maps and you will see a large collapsed barn with a lot of stuff in it and you will see the “assault” barn. The address is on one of the first pages of this thread along with a google map showing it, It’s the one on 775.

You will also see a black truck on the property driving towards the barn which could possibly be PE as he is the one who tended to that property.

I’ve been looking through msm video of that command area they set up at the hospital parking lot yesterday . I’m hoping to see a Carroll County Sheriffs vehicle. That would be telling...was ISP involved yesterday? Did anyone notice?

From article:

Hmmmmmmm.....
Thanks for giving a summary of this article. I’ve been trying to read it since it came out today. Unfortunately I’m locked out of reading articles on this site now, wants me to get a subscription now. Guess I accessed the limit for free reading.

Was there anything else in there of interest?

I’ve been looking through msm video of that command area they set up at the hospital parking lot yesterday . I’m hoping to see a Carroll County Sheriffs vehicle. That would be telling...was ISP involved yesterday? Did anyone notice?
I understand there were local.city LE from around Boone County, BC Sheriff, Tippecanoe Co jurisdictions and Noblesville (not sure why). Carroll Co was not spotted per my sources.

Thanks for giving a summary of this article. I’ve been trying to read it since it came out today. Unfortunately I’m locked out of reading articles on this site now, wants me to get a subscription now. Guess I accessed the limit for free reading.

Was there anything else in there of interest?
The investigation into Etter's last six days, however, continues, Tippecanoe County Sheriff Bob Goldsmith said Friday morning.

"You need to work it to a conclusion," Goldsmith said, noting that if there's a civil lawsuit, the investigation needs to be completed.

"We were talking about this. Is somebody helping him?" Goldsmith said”
“Investigators want to know where Etter was during his last six days, and they want to know if anyone supplied him with food, water, money, clothing or transportation or helped him in any way, Goldsmith said.”

If the investigation indicates Etter received help from people, the case will be sent to the prosecutor for review and possible charges, Goldsmith said.

Etter clearly got out of the police perimeter at some point during the week, and he might have slipped back into his house for food and supplies, Goldsmith said, clarifying that they don't know where he was or whether Etter actually stayed in the thick woods all the time that police were searching for him.

Etter had been a Boy Scout in his youth, and he felt comfortable in the woods.

The investigation into Etter's last six days, however, continues, Tippecanoe County Sheriff Bob Goldsmith said Friday morning.

"You need to work it to a conclusion," Goldsmith said, noting that if there's a civil lawsuit, the investigation needs to be completed.

“Investigators want to know where Etter was during his last six days, and they want to know if anyone supplied him with food, water, money, clothing or transportation or helped him in any way, Goldsmith said.”

If the investigation indicates Etter received help from people, the case will be sent to the prosecutor for review and possible charges, Goldsmith said.

Etter clearly got out of the police perimeter at some point during the week, and he might have slipped back into his house for food and supplies, Goldsmith said, clarifying that they don't know where he was or whether Etter actually stayed in the thick woods all the time that police were searching for him.

Oh, thank you for posting that"......wonder if he was comfortable on bridges too.

“They say he loves the woods. He grew up out there”

I wonder who They is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper