Found Deceased IN - Paul Etter wanted for Kidnapping, Tippecanoe County, 22 June 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The investigation into Etter's last six days, however, continues, Tippecanoe County Sheriff Bob Goldsmith said Friday morning.

"You need to work it to a conclusion," Goldsmith said, noting that if there's a civil lawsuit, the investigation needs to be completed.

"We were talking about this. Is somebody helping him?" Goldsmith said”
“Investigators want to know where Etter was during his last six days, and they want to know if anyone supplied him with food, water, money, clothing or transportation or helped him in any way, Goldsmith said.”

If the investigation indicates Etter received help from people, the case will be sent to the prosecutor for review and possible charges, Goldsmith said.

Etter clearly got out of the police perimeter at some point during the week, and he might have slipped back into his house for food and supplies, Goldsmith said, clarifying that they don't know where he was or whether Etter actually stayed in the thick woods all the time that police were searching for him.

Etter had been a Boy Scout in his youth, and he felt comfortable in the woods.

"They said he loves the woods. He grew up out there," Goldsmith said. "He was in his comfort zone."

I hope he didn't hurt anyone else during his days on the run.

I hope he didn't hurt anyone else during his days on the run.
I don’t know if while on the run, I think he was in survival mode, but....

Like some have said before me, he was 55 years old. It would be hard to believe this was his first similar crime especially when he obviously had the tools for his crimes handy.

I have to believe he is responsible for some unsolved crimes in the area. Hope LE is able to clear up some cold cases now. What will they be?

He already has a prior felony record so his DNA should already be in CODIS. If there were a match to other crimes, wouldn't that have already happened?

I think it depends on the date of the felony and possibly even the type of felony, depending on the date. Also, the state in which the felony was committed.

Just thinking that Indiana is a little safer tonight. No boogie man creeper in the woods. ( maybe) MOO

On the article above it was stated they shot out suspects tires on the stolen red truck.

How ironic that his victim was kidnapped by him due to a flat tire.

As much as I'd like to think he had a big message for us, I have a feeling his message was to his family, or maybe even to the woman he'd raped. I don't think LE ever planned on letting media anywhere close, but they might have also used it as a bargaining chip, trying to keep him talking so he didn't go through with it. JMO
I wonder if they filmed the whole thing? They probably would right?

I asked about this on another thread, but if for whatever reason they can't legally use his DNA to compare to other crimes, couldn't his family volunteer their own DNA, which could be a familial match? Or am I bat crazy?
Unless it’s different in the USA as opposed to the UK, which I don’t believe it is, his DNA can be extracted in order to do a comparison to any DNA recovered from the Delphi crime scene . This can then be used as information only if it is a match , to enable an arrest or a case to be made against him, using the other actual evidence to arrest him and the DNA hit will support this evidence and allow a search of his property to be conducted. Hope that helps to clarify it x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back