IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People's noses can look different as they age and it also depends on angles of photos. Ted Conrad wrote two letters to his girlfriend while on the run after the bank heist. He would've have been about 43 in 1992. If Detective Lockhart now has known writing samples from the fake Paul, he can contact Marshall Pete Elliot And get the samples compared. I think there is enough of a likeness and similarity of age for it to be worth it.

Retired U.S. marshal, 80, still on the case
We have letters... comparison would be awesome

Is it just me, or does it seem like he is wearing a toupee in the wedding photos? His hairline seems much more receded in that profile view above. And we can see thinning hair on his crown there that is not visible in the straight on photos. He was more balding than it appears in the wedding photos-- unless that thin part is where his scars were? Another thought-- could the "scars" his wife claims she saw on his head have been a hair piece sewn into his scalp? Or scars from some form of hair replacement surgery?

MOO
Yes! I thought toupee first, but then thought his wife would probably mention that. But I agree, it looks like a hair piece and/or dye job.

I know some people think he's younger. But am I the only one who thinks fake Paul actually does look around 50 in the wedding photos? I feel like his hair looks like one of those guys that you know should have gray hair by now, but clearly dyes it to look younger. It's not like you can see wrinkles in these early 90's quality photos.
So far you're the only one! But that doesn't mean you are incorrect :)

At the wife’s house in Sheridan Indiana. Learned several things from documents. Paul was in Hoven SD and opened a savings account! Have several things to submit for latent fingerprints and DNA.
I looked up Hoven, SD on Wiki and the town website and it is a very, very small town with apparently under 500 in its population! I see that their main website head says it is about faith, family and farming. They have yearly HS Grad photos conveniently online from each year, as there are so few students, so I am trying to check the older ones just in case.... ;)

I know some people think he's younger. But am I the only one who thinks fake Paul actually does look around 50 in the wedding photos? I feel like his hair looks like one of those guys that you know should have gray hair by now, but clearly dyes it to look younger. It's not like you can see wrinkles in these early 90's quality photos.
I think it's entirely possible that he was around 50. Maybe he just looked younger in the face than what he actually was.

At the wife’s house in Sheridan Indiana. Learned several things from documents. Paul was in Hoven SD and opened a savings account! Have several things to submit for latent fingerprints and DNA.

Hmmmm.... the South Dakota thing intrigues me because that's where Robert Ivan Nichols was when he stole the identity of a deceased boy.

Joseph Newton Chandler III - Wikipedia

It can be hard to tell. Some people age better than others. His hair is dark so greys would be more noticable. The color suits his complexion. I thought he could be 50.

I did an age range/date missing search on NAMUS and limited it to New York and Hawaii. I am listing some potentials here. I excluded any that did not have photographs and I excluded anyone who appeared to me did not fit because they clearly did not look like him at all. Do any of these pop out to anyone?

Hawaii:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

New York:

https://www.namus.gov/api/CaseSets/NamUs/MissingPersons/Cases/9656/Images/87891/Original

On this one above, Is it possible the brother didn't really kill him?

I did an age range/date missing search on NAMUS and limited it to New York and Hawaii. I am listing some potentials here. I excluded any that did not have photographs and I excluded anyone who appeared to me did not fit because they clearly did not look like him at all. Do any of these pop out to anyone?

Hawaii:

New York:

https://www.namus.gov/api/CaseSets/NamUs/MissingPersons/Cases/9656/Images/87891/Original

On this one above, Is it possible the brother didn't really kill him?

Great work! I will have a peek!

Great work! I will have a peek!
I can't see any that pop out at me, but of course the two baby photos could be possible. Let's see what the others think! :) How many of the non-photo ones are there and do you think they are worth listing or ?

P.S. You mentioned Hawaii, this is in reference to this thread's Paul Harrod? As I don't recall a Hawaii connection in particular.

P.S. You mentioned Hawaii, this is in reference to this thread's Paul Harrod? As I don't recall a Hawaii connection in particular.

I watched the interview of Marla, and I believe she mentioned Hawaii when talking about Greenland and his statement he had been in the service. I could be wrong, but I think that's what I heard. Also, there would have been at least a dozen minimum that did not have photos in Namus..

I watched the interview of Marla, and I believe she mentioned Hawaii when talking about Greenland and his statement he had been in the service. I could be wrong, but I think that's what I heard. Also, there would have been at least a dozen minimum that did not have photos in Namus..
She stated he either flew over or was stationed in Greenland.

Oh, ok thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member