IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2019-3-27_10-10-58-jpeg.176513

Is this for sure his handwriting on the marriage license? A couple things stand out to me--
He writes mostly in uppercase except for the letter I-- most of his I's in the middle of words are lower case.
He makes the letter "D" Three different ways on the same form. The most notable is in the word INDIANA under Paul's address where he makes it a squared off D. Did he start to write another letter and had to change it to a D? Perhaps an E? Writing an E after an N for "state" would be a natural reaction for someone from New York or New Jersey (Also New Hampshire, Nebraska, New Mexico or Nevada). But it looks like he caught himself and made the letter a D. The a at the end of the word "Indiana" is also unusual compared to the other A's he writes. It's like an N or V that he transformed into a lowercase a. But most of his A's are upper case.
JMO.

Here is the Rev W Condon obituary, mentions Margaret as a daughter ?
View attachment 179489

So, Mary had a sister named Margaret that was visiting at the same time. I didn't see Mary in her dad's obit though? I wonder if Margaret M. had any sons and whther there is any connection between the M surname and the Coletti surname.

Not

Is this for sure his handwriting on the marriage license? A couple things stand out to me--
He writes mostly in uppercase except for the letter I-- most of his I's in the middle of words are lower case.
He makes the letter "D" Three different ways on the same form. The most notable is in the word INDIANA under Paul's address where he makes it a squared off D. Did he start to write another letter and had to change it to a D? Perhaps an E? Writing an E after an N for "state" would be a natural reaction for someone from New York or New Jersey (Also New Hampshire, Nebraska, New Mexico or Nevada). But it looks like he caught himself and made the letter a D. The a at the end of the word "Indiana" is also unusual compared to the other A's he writes. It's like an N or V that he transformed into a lowercase a. But most of his A's are upper case.
JMO.
Notice the age Paul put on the form? If my math is correct... besides knowing this case like no other, he would be 51. Another error.

So, Mary had a sister named Margaret that was visiting at the same time. I didn't see Mary in her dad's obit though? I wonder if Margaret M. had any sons and whther there is any connection between the M surname and the Coletti surname.
I can call Skippy’s sister in Seattle and inquire.

JMO.
Interesting observations! The mere fact that 'Paul's style of writing seems to change a bit, even the way he writes each letter in some cases, seems odd. I'm thinking most people write their 'a' or whatever letter the SAME every time and are consistent in that. It would be nice to have a professional analysis by an expert of his writing.

JMO.

I noticed the father's first name "Paul" ... Downstroke of first letter "P" goes upper left to right... all other instances of handwritten "Paul" the downstroke is upper right to lower left. They "supposedly" share same first name so one would think the first letter "P" would be totally the same after years of printing it.

Did he almost make a mistake... Possible "W" or "V" ?

Not

Notice the age Paul put on the form? If my math is correct... besides knowing this case like no other, he would be 51. Another error.

The real Paul Raymond Harrod's DOB was Feb 7th, 1942. (Death Certificate found in post at attached link below)
IN - IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

The date the marriage licence application was filled in and signed by the fake PRH was June 6th, 1992. (Bottom left of the form just above the "AIDS education acknowledgment signed" statement on the document.

That's 50 at the time the form was filled out.

Interesting observations! The mere fact that 'Paul's style of writing seems to change a bit, even the way he writes each letter in some cases, seems odd. I'm thinking most people write their 'a' or whatever letter the SAME every time and are consistent in that. It would be nice to have a professional analysis by an expert of his writing.
Agree

Good idea about the tape recording if still available!
Can’t find any other info for Ruth Ann *Carzoo

Father killed in Feb 81
Rick Porrello's AmericanMafia.com - Allan May's Mob Report current mob stuff
February 24, 1981 – Joseph DeRose, Sr. was murdered by killers looking for his son Joseph DeRose, Jr. during the Mahoning Valley’s Carabbia / Naples War. While staking out the parent’s home one of the hitmen thought he saw the younger DeRose climb into a vehicle parked in the family driveway. He moved in quickly only to find the man behind the wheel was 61 year-old Joseph DeRose, Sr. The father had apparently gone out to rearrange the automobiles in the driveway. When DeRose, Sr. looked up the surprised would-be killer panicked. Perhaps worried about being identified, the hitman fired his shotgun point-blank into the elder DeRose’s chest – mortally wounding him. The intended victim, Joe DeRose, Jr., arrived two hours later.

Joseph DeRose Jr, disappears April 1981
YOUNGSTOWN Ky. inmate indicted in 1981 murder
According to Vindicator files, DeRose Jr. had been a rival of Joseph Naples, also known as "Little Joey." Previously, DeRose had been identified in affidavits filed by federal agents in other cases as the man suspected of having killed Charles Grisham on Dec. 3, 1978, and James Cononico on Jan. 11, 1979.
Grisham and Cononico, the affidavits say, were allies of Naples in a battle for control of organized crime in the Mahoning Valley.
Shootout: The government alleged that Naples was intent on having DeRose dead. On May 14, 1980, two gunmen opened fire on DeRose and his girlfriend Cheryl Durkin. In the exchange of gunfire, DeRose, Durkin and one of the hit men, Sam Scaffidi, were wounded.
DeRose's father, Joseph Sr., was killed Feb. 25, 1981, by a shot fired from a car outside his home. At the time, police and FBI agents said the murderers of the elder DeRose may have mistaken him for his son.
But in April 1981, DeRose Jr. disappeared. A girlfriend's burned-out car was found along a rural road in Summit County.
Gains said authorities believe he was killed in Canfield, though Gains would not elaborate on a motive or why the body was never found.
The investigation was conducted by the Ohio attorney general's organized-crime investigation unit. A staff attorney there is assigned to the case and will assist in Fossesca's prosecution, Gains said.

I think it’s interesting that Joseph jr had a murder attempt in 1980 but stayed, maybe the mistaken identity killing of his father was the catalyst to disappear idk. Did his girlfriend Cheryl Durkin dissapear too?

After following a few of these stolen identity cases that have been resolved its seems more likely they involve
1. Leaving family troubles behind
2.Mental illness
3.Debts
However running from the law/mob/and even spy scenarios have happened.

If DeRose is still a possibility I found the girlfriend name that was around the time of his disappearance. As another poster mentioned I agree the CD girlfriend is on FB.

In April 1981, five months after Traficant refused Orland Carabbia's demand to listen to the tapes, FBI Agent Robert Kroner walked into the Pittsburgh apartment of Patty Packard. She was the girlfriend of Joseph DeRose Jr., a mob hitman who had disappeared.
Rick Porrello's AmericanMafia.com - this just in ... Mob News and Features

ETA, sorry can’t copy but page 197 mentions a possible wound to Joe DeRose, could he have cut his head?
Superthief

Last edited:

JMO.

Attachments

• MarriageApplication.pdf
    80.9 KB · Views: 32
I just was searching for any reasons that "Paul" may have heard of Yonkers and Roosevelt High School without being from the area (my first thought was "welcome back kotter", but that was brooklyn). The only "pop culture" reference I could find that fits this era for Roosevelt HS is that Steven Tyler from Aerosmith attended along with another band member. So perhaps he was a big fan? Tyler also "americanized" his Italian last name.

Otherwise, Yonkers seems like an odd choice and would seem to indicate a real connection to the Bronx. I have family from that area and of similar age, I am going to pass the story along in case anyone recognizes him.

It seems so unlikely that he would give his mother's real name, but if he is from the north/east Bronx and attending HS in the 50s/60s he would have known tons of Italian names to choose from! Perhaps he gave the name of a friend or girlfriend's mother.

He's got some pretty distinctive capital "S"s except where he concludes the work Illinois. The other S's in the marriage application and in the word Sheridan on the Marriage License are pretty distinctive.

Ok, me again!
Just noticed two interesting things
Fake Paul put his father as Paul L Harrod on his marriage certificate whereas it is Paul M Harrod. Also Paul M Harrod on death certificate.

Also the Harrods where married in Queens New York, perhaps another tie in with Fake Paul knowing of them?

Name: Paul M Harrod
Marriage Date: 5 Jun 1937
Marriage Place: Queens, New York, USA
Spouse: Mary E Condon
Certificate Number: 1992
Also M stands for Monroe and Mary was known by the name Eleanor , I’ll put in the link, sorry if I’m driving everyone crazy, just a tad obsessed !

upload_2019-4-16_11-31-58.jpeg

Ok, me again!
Just noticed two interesting things
Fake Paul put his father as Paul L Harrod on his marriage certificate whereas it is Paul M Harrod. Also Paul M Harrod on death certificate.

Also the Harrods where married in Queens New York, perhaps another tie in with Fake Paul knowing of them?

Name: Paul M Harrod
Marriage Date: 5 Jun 1937
Marriage Place: Queens, New York, USA
Spouse: Mary E Condon
Certificate Number: 1992
Also M stands for Monroe and Mary was known by the name Eleanor , I’ll put in the link, sorry if I’m driving everyone crazy, just a tad obsessed !

View attachment 179730
Gosh, I didn't even notice the 'L' instead of 'M'! A little error by our mystery man! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx