IN - Ray Hanish, 49, strangled to death, poss. conn. to Nicole Bowen’s murder, Kentland, 17 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So @Tippy Lynn - has Kirts been named as suspect? Nothing going on with this case? I did not even have this thread bookmarked! Now I do. :)

This is a super weird case.....I can't remember off the top of my head, but IMO GK and AG were involved. They are both real close to Abby and Libby if you know what I mean. @Niner

So @Tippy Lynn - has Kirts been named as suspect? Nothing going on with this case? I did not even have this thread bookmarked! Now I do. :)

This might be related to Ray. Does anyone remember? @Spartygirl

State of Indiana v. Garett K. Kirts
Case Number 08D01-1903-CM-000087
Court Carroll Superior Court
Type CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed 03/27/2019
Status 03/27/2019 , Pending (active)

Charges
01 02/16/2019 35-46-1-15.1(a)(11)/MA: Invasion of Privacy-Def. violates an order issued under I.C. 35-33-8-3.2 (no
02 02/21/2019 35-46-1-15.1(a)(11)/MA: Invasion of Privacy-Def. violates an order issued under I.C. 35-33-8-3.2 (no

08/18/2020
Final PreTrial Conference

Session:
02/27/2020 4:00 PM, Rescheduled
Session:
08/18/2020 3:30 PM, Judicial Officer: Fouts, Kurtis
08/24/2020
Jury Trial

Session:
03/02/2020 9:00 AM, Rescheduled
Session:
08/24/2020 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Fouts, Kurtis
Comment:
2nd Setting

Oh you might be right @Tippy Lynn - re the case you posted above! I have that one. I'll put Ray's name next to my notes - until we hear any different!

I just saw my notes & I have White County for Ray's case - ?? anything under White County for Kirts?

This is what I could find for GK. As you can see he was a busy guy.

State V Garett K Kirts
56D01-1904-MR-000367
Court: Newton Superior Court

Case Type: MR - Murder
Filed: 04/05/2019
Charges: MURDER- Intentional Killing Of Another
Parties: State of Indiana, Kirts
Attorneys: Spear, Drinski
Filed: 04/05/2019

State V Garett Kirts
56D01-1904-F5-000345
Court: Newton Superior Court

Case Type: F5 - Felony 5
Filed: 04/01/2019
Charges: ASSISTING A CRIMINAL- Same As 3901, But The Criminal Assisted Committed Murder Or An A, 1, Or 2 Fel
Attorneys: Spear, Drinski
Filed: 04/01/2019

State of Indiana v. Garett K. Kirts
08D01-1903-CM-000087
Court: Carroll Superior Court

Case Type: CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed: 03/27/2019
Charges: 35-46-1-15.1(a)(11)/MA: Invasion of Privacy-Def. violates an order issued under I.C. 35-33-8-3.2 (no
Attorneys: McLeland, Phillips
Filed: 03/27/2019

State of Indiana v. Garett K Kirts
79D06-1903-IF-001819
Court: Tippecanoe Superior Court 6

Case Type: IF - Infraction
Filed: 03/18/2019
Charges: 9-24-19-1/IFA: Driving While Suspended
Attorneys: Harrington
Filed: 03/18/2019

State of Indiana v. Garett K Kirts
79D05-1902-F6-000263
Court: Tippecanoe Superior Court 5

Case Type: F6 - Felony 6
Filed: 02/28/2019
Charges: 35-43-4-2(a)/F6: Theft where value of property is between $750 & $50k.
Attorneys: Harrington
Filed: 02/28/2019

State of Indiana v. Garett Kirts
08D01-1901-F6-000013
Court: Carroll Superior Court

Filed: 01/21/2019
Charges: 35-42-2-9(c)/F6: Strangulation, 35-42-2-1.3(a)(1)/MA: Domestic Battery
Attorneys: McLeland, Phillips
Filed: 01/21/2019

State V Garett K Kirts
91D01-1703-CM-000078
Court: White Superior Court

Filed: 03/10/2017
Charges: POSSESSION OF A SYNTHETIC DRUG OR SYNTHETIC DRUG LOOKALIKE SUBSTANCE- Same As 4150 But Where The De
Attorneys: Phillips, Guy
Filed: 03/10/2017

State V Garett K Kirts
91D01-1702-CM-000067

Filed: 02/28/2017
Charges: POSSESSION OF A SYNTHETIC DRUG OR SYNTHETIC DRUG LOOKALIKE SUBSTANCE- Same As 4150 But Where The De
Attorneys: Phillips, Guy
Filed: 02/28/2017

State of Indiana v. Garett Kirts
79D05-1611-F6-001058
Court: Tippecanoe Superior Court 5

Filed: 11/28/2016
Charges: 35-44.1-3-1(a)(1)/F6: Resisting Law Enforcement but the def. draws or uses a deadly weapon, inflicts, 9-24-19-1/IFA: Driving While Suspended
Parties: State of Indiana, Tippecanoe County Community Corrections, Kirts
Attorneys: Phillips, Harrington
Filed: 11/28/2016

State V Garett K Kirts
91D01-1603-CM-000113

Filed: 03/29/2016
Charges: LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT- Def. Crashes Into An Unattended Car Or Other Property And Leaves
Attorneys: Guy
Filed: 03/29/2016

State of Indiana vs. Garett K Kirts
06D02-1603-CM-000256
Court: Boone Superior Court 2

Filed: 03/23/2016
Charges: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering, Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated, Operating a Vehicle with a Schedule I or II Contro, Public Intoxication, Improper Headlights, Driving Left of Center
Attorneys: Dobbs, Phillips, O'Keefe, McClure

I have just read the title of this thread five times, and am shaking my head in befuddlement. WHY does the title indicate that Ray Hanish is a suspect in Nicole Bowen's murder? I recall nothing about this allegation, and I think the thread name has been changed recently. What am I missing? PLEASE correct the wording if it's wrong - as far as I know Ray has a good name and it shouldn't be tarnished this way just because he apparently had some contact with 2 of the suspects in her case, GK and AG. (As I recall he offered them temporary housing when they needed it, and he may have been murdered for this kindness.)

I updated the title and read some background on this case now. Let me know if the title is ok?

back to the case:

White County Prosecutor Bob Guy confirmed that he’s waiting for Kirts’ trial to wrap up in Newton County before filing any charges connected to Ray Hanish’s death in Reynolds. He declined to give many details, other than to say witnesses tied to the Newton County death of Nicole Bowen have cooperated in the White County investigation, too.

“His case will play a major role in what we do over here,” Guy said.

Suspect in Kentland torture-murder case tied to strangulation death weeks earlier two counties away

IMO the thread title now reflects the possible connection of the cases more accurately, without falsely incriminating a victim. Thank you @JerseyGirl !

I updated the title and read some background on this case now. Let me know if the title is ok?

back to the case:

White County Prosecutor Bob Guy confirmed that he’s waiting for Kirts’ trial to wrap up in Newton County before filing any charges connected to Ray Hanish’s death in Reynolds. He declined to give many details, other than to say witnesses tied to the Newton County death of Nicole Bowen have cooperated in the White County investigation, too.

Suspect in Kentland torture-murder case tied to strangulation death weeks earlier two counties away

back to the case:

Thank you. :)

Rays Facebook page Ray Hanish

Dear @SassySquatch,

Thank you for the link to the facebook page of Ray Hanish.

The moment I saw the photo of his kind face, I felt such sadness. What a wonderful man to be taken from his life on a whim from such a cruel and evil person.

I understand from the news articles, that after the trial, the prosecutor will be pursuing charges against Kirts as to his involvement in Ray Hanish's death.

My heart is with Ray's family and I hope so much that justice is served. I can't imagine the tremendous loss they've suffered.

Last edited:
May justice be mighty and swift. All the victims their family and friends are in my prayers. Please let them gather the strength to meet these upcoming prosecutions.
Such a twisted devistating horrific nightmare left in their wake MOO

Found Deceased - IN - Newton County, Fem, 30 Mar 2019 - Nicole Bowen

Some info about this case at above link. I will copy pasta the relevant bit below.

Still unresolved is Kirts’ possible involvement in the March 2019death of Ray Hanish, a 49-year-old man found dead in his Reynolds home. The White County coroner ruled the death a homicide, caused by “asyphyxia due to ligature strangulation.”

In December 2019, White County Prosecutor Bob Guy confirmed to the J&C that he was waiting for Kirts’ case in Newton County to wrap up before filing charges connected to Hanish’s death in Reynolds.

[..]

He said investigators did not believe Hanish’s death was murder. He wouldn’t commit to whether a criminal act led to Hanish’s death.

Hello!

I am new to websleuths so bare with me while I get acclimated! My name is Mel. I have been helping Ray and Nicole’s family.
Please consider signing my petition for Ray? Ray Hanish was murdered by Garett Kirts, in our opinion...Garett’s buddy Christopher Mathis agrees, along with jail mates that wish to remain anonymous. Christopher said that Garett planned Ray’s murder, using a gay dating app called Grindr. Seems like Intentional Premeditated Murder and a Hate Crime to me!
Links are in the petition for all coverage related to Ray Hanish and Nicole Bowen.

Thank you kindly,

Mel-Cold Truth Podcast
Sign the Petition

Hello!

I am new to websleuths so bare with me while I get acclimated! My name is Mel. I have been helping Ray and Nicole’s family.
Please consider signing my petition for Ray? Ray Hanish was murdered by Garett Kirts, in our opinion...Garett’s buddy Christopher Mathis agrees, along with jail mates that wish to remain anonymous. Christopher said that Garett planned Ray’s murder, using a gay dating app called Grindr. Seems like Intentional Premeditated Murder and a Hate Crime to me!
Links are in the petition for all coverage related to Ray Hanish and Nicole Bowen.

Thank you kindly,

Mel-Cold Truth Podcast
Sign the Petition
Welcome and thanks for joining us. I hope you can come back and participate.

I did have a chance to listen to several of the podcasts you linked to. Pretty interesting stuff.

Hello!

Thank you kindly,

Mel-Cold Truth Podcast
Sign the Petition

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member