GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to fox59 the Indy news channel (I live just north of area) and they have bizarre video interview of dad. Really spaced out to say the least. When he talked about having to call his ex girlfriend, Shaylyn's mom, he almost seemed to be laughing. I apologize for not being able to post it here, or if its been cited here. Dad's wearing a black t shirt. I'll be interested in other comments..

Questions:
Q: Who are poi. A:can't say right now.
Q: Do you believe Shaylyn is still alive. A: It's speculation. She's been missing for over 24 hrs. It's not looking good now.
Q: What caused overnight search to stop? A: feed cut out - winds messed with copter
Q: Why no Amber Alert? A: AA criteria does not meet this case. Must have vehicle or suspect description. "We have no idea who took this baby..how this baby got out of the house"
Q: How many poi? A: ballpark 7-10 people they want to talk to - not necessarily suspects
Q: Were there people at home that night - party? A: Perspective on what you think a party is. There were definitely people in the house overnight throughout those wee hours of the morning.
Q: Pois being cooperative? A: Yes
Q: Has anyone been ruled out? A: No
Q: Q about unlocked door? A: no evidence that happened. not a lot of evidence that's left if people going in/out of door (paraphrasing here) to substantiate that claim.
Q: polygraph? A: Several 2-3 today - not sure if completed yet. Possibility of more to come.
Q: mom doesn't think baby is in area anymore? A: if mom has reason to believe that, we're all ears. We've been talking with her today. We're confident mom doesn't know where baby is.

The only way for this baby to get out of the house is if someone took her out. With all the chaos going on I can imagine it would be pretty easy for anyone to walk in there and take her away. A 14 month old can not get out of a crib, take her diaper bag, open the door and walk out.

<modsnip>

Also, the part that strikes me as so odd is the whole deal with the dad's family thinking this is "retaliation". What have they done that someone would retaliate by taking your child!??

The only way for this baby to get out of the house is if someone took her out. With all the chaos going on I can imagine it would be pretty easy for anyone to walk in there and take her away. A 14 month old can not get out of a crib, take her diaper bag, open the door and walk out.

I wonder if that's what the police officer first said, "we have no idea who took this baby" and then quickly said "how this baby got out of the house". I think the police know someone took her, but they cannot specifically state that yet (imo).

I have a lot of family in Spencer and am about an hour away myself. I've reached out to some to see if they know the family, but if I'm reading the TOS correctly our conversations would be considered hearsay and can't be discussed, is that correct? I've been more of a lurker here for about a year, so I haven't gotten a good handle on what can be posted. I know sm conversations are off limits.

Anyone else being reminded of how horribly inebriated all the family appeared in all of the interviews in the Bella Bond case? I simply couldn't stomach watching any of the media in that case after seeing them. This reminds me of them.

<modsnip>

Also, the part that strikes me as so odd is the whole deal with the dad's family thinking this is "retaliation". What have they done that someone would retaliate by taking your child!??

Dad definitely seems out of it. <modsnip>

If Dad suspects someone took his daughter in retaliation for some misdeed, he probably has an idea who it is and the motive. :moo:

you are correct knitowl, information gained from other parties second and third hand would be considered local gossip and therefore not allowed into the discussion.

It's good to see you come out of lurkdom and post. Look forward to reading more from you.

I have a lot of family in Spencer and am about an hour away myself. I've reached out to some to see if they know the family, but if I'm reading the TOS correctly our conversations would be considered hearsay and can't be discussed, is that correct? I've been more of a lurker here for about a year, so I haven't gotten a good handle on what can be posted. I know sm conversations are off limits.

I think you'd need to ask a mod directly to ensure you stay within the limits of the TOS, just to be on the safe side.

<modsnip>

The retaliation comment IMO, seems like distancing, a smoke screen. "Someone else did it".

Dad definitely seems out of it. I wonder how drugs affect polygraph results?

If Dad suspects someone took his daughter in retaliation for some misdeed, he probably has an idea who it is and the motive. :moo:
RBBM

You'd think so, right? Yet, here's what he has to say:

Shaylyn’s father, Justin Ammerman, told police his mother put the child down for bed just before midnight Tuesday and when he woke up Tuesday morning his daughter was gone.

According to Shaylyn's mother, Jessica Stewart, the girl's father was having a party Tuesday evening. Ammerman says that’s not true and he believes someone entered through the front door of the house and kidnapped her.

“Either somebody has a really, really big grudge over us or something, because I don’t see anybody in this town ever doing something like this,” Ammerman said.

http://cbs4indy.com/2016/03/24/large-search-effort-underway-for-missing-owen-county-girl/

So does he mean someone not from this town may have taken Shaylyn? I just don't get it. I'd like to know what he meant by "something."

And why do they care so much about whether or not there was a party at the house? Do they really believe that a stranger entered the house - unnoticed in the midst of half a dozen people coming and going all night - and grabbed Shaylyn from the living room?

It doesn't mean they are involved in Shaylyn's disappearance but it sure seems like there's a lot of smoke and mirrors surrounding this case.

This sounds a lot like the Lisa Irwin story in Missouri. Her parents state someone walked in and took her. She has never been found.

So who all lives in the house, exactly? Grandma, Dad, Uncle..??

Some articles indicate that Grandmother put Shaylyn to bed at @10:30PM while others indicate it was just before midnight. :waitasec: Why was the toddler up so late?

I think she was put to bed at 10:30. Checked on at midnight. If we're to believe what they've been saying.

My toddler is often up until 10. He goes to bed late, gets up later. That's just his schedule.

The house looks small, so I'm guessing that the living room - where Shaylyn was sleeping - is near the "unlocked" front door and visible to anyone who entered/left the home during the night. Seems like the individuals who came/went would have noticed the sleeping child and when/if she was no longer there. Someone who was in the house that night must know what happened to the little girl. Everyone who was there needs to be grilled by LE. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay