GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to also add it disturbed me greatly to hear in the beginning the door did not lock and little Shaylyn was in the living room. Folks who drank well into the night. Link to such is somewhere in the early days of this. RIP little one. As I type this her Funeral is taking place. Sigh.......

I thought I saw one but I can't find it now. Anyone have a link to a picture of the outside of the house AND a link to the inside layout? TIA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ETA: this link includes an interior layout!!
http://egis.39dn.com/egisv4/View/egisprc.cfm?pin_18=60-10-20-400-400.273-028

The following article has a picture of the exterior.
http://m.heraldtimesonline.com/news...5a2-f1d1-11e5-aa09-8b32ae4d2e7d.html?mode=jqm

still searching for link with interior layout (if one exists). Will edit post if I find one

i was hoping to find an old mls listing that included a layout/enough pictures to kind of figure it out. I haven't been successful.

this link gives a little info
http://listings.findthehome.com/l/104913557/489-W-Jefferson-St-Spencer-IN-47460

FWIW, I think it's fairly common for young men to view *advertiser censored*. I find it disgusting, personally, but there's a reason why the industry is so lucrative.

I don't think his viewing *advertiser censored*, in and of itself, makes him a monster or a sexual deviant. I'm not trying to defend KP AT ALL, just to be clear.

I agree. I don't think *advertiser censored* is evil or indicates anything negative about a person. At all.

However, if grandma knew this about him, yet doesn't know much else, then that would sound an alarm to me.

If JA, who in his first phone interview, makes it clear he is claiming to not know anything about KP other than his first name, knew about KP's affinity for watching *advertiser censored*, or worse, child *advertiser censored*, then that should have spurred him to realize that maybe his daughter shouldn't be around this man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading what the grandma had to say in those articles, are you still thinking there were obvious red flags that the grandma should have seen?

It's pretty obvious to me that many of us here think there were obvious red flags that grandma and dad should have seen. It's okay if we agree to disagree.

Remember how gentle and helpful and tidy he had been and had played with the baby? Those were also some of the behaviors the grandma had observed. I'm simply trying to figure out, in all honesty, how the behaviors she observed should have caused red flags indicating the monster that he is?

I know/have know quite a few guys the same age as KP. Some are family, some are friends. Of the 8 guys I'm thinking of, I'm fairly certain none of them would pick up someone else's child, unless specifically asked to. With that in my mind, for me, if I walked in and saw a scenario such as what Grandma says happened with KP, it would definitely raise a red flag. I would never have left that child alone with that person again.

So, AA knew KP for about a year, and he visited their home an average of once a month. I would also assume that AA and KP had other interactions at other times/places.

That's not what I would call a virtual stranger. I have close friends I don't see that much!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Exactly! Yet in his first interview, JP clearly states that he doesn't even know his last name or anything about him.

No, it certainly is not rocket science. ID's and background checks for everyone, including Auntie Mary, teachers, priests, doctors, and even your OWN kids! Because, in reality, you really can't trust anyone as the various cases on WS prove over and over again :(

And, there's that single glass of wine or can of beer.

One has to find a balance. Obviously it's not realistic to do background checks and whatnot. But it also isn't smart to just let any random person have access to your children.

To me, it's not weird that the uncle's friend was hanging around the house. But to me, it IS weird that he would ever be alone with the child or have access to her. Maybe if she had been in her own room with a baby monitor on...this never would have happened. But hindsight is 20/20 of course.

Should they have done a background check on him before allowing him in the house? Of course not. Should he have easily had access to her while she slept? Also no.

Took me a while to find a link with interior layout, and didn't want it to get missed by just editing my post. Here are the links:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by said_it_and_meant_it
I thought I saw one but I can't find it now. Anyone have a link to a picture of the outside of the house AND a link to the inside layout? TIA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://egis.39dn.com/egisv4/View/egi...00-400.273-028

http://m.heraldtimesonline.com/news/....html?mode=jqm

still searching for link with interior layout (if one exists). Will edit post if I find one

i was hoping to find an old mls listing that included a layout/enough pictures to kind of figure it out. I haven't been successful.

http://listings.findthehome.com/l/10...encer-IN-47460

Last edited by J4cknsal1y; Today at 06:41 PM.​

You're a grandmother. You walk in your house, and there's DRUNK guy holding your PRECIOUS GRANDDAUGHTER. If that's not a red flag, I don't know WHAT is. I don't give a (fill in the blank) how GENTLE he was with her. Period. End of story.

So, AA knew KP for about a year, and he visited their home an average of once a month. I would also assume that AA and KP had other interactions at other times/places.

That's not what I would call a virtual stranger. I have close friends I don't see that much!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that during that year Kyle was in jail for approximately 5 1/3 months. He just got out this month.

He's just a friend of a friend, we don't even know his last name but he's been over around a dozen times and he knows Shaylyn and has taken care of her and rocked her to sleep. Sheesh! I feel like they're speaking in code and I don't have the key.

She knew he liked *advertiser censored*? From what I've read here on WS, watching *advertiser censored* is perfectly "normal" and many, many people watch it. As far as myself, I have never nor would I EVER watch *advertiser censored* or hang with those who do (if I knew), because I think it indicates sexual deviance. But that's just my opinion. So, am I right about my opinion of *advertiser censored*? Is watching *advertiser censored* a red light for sexual deviance?

I do not believe watching *advertiser censored* is a red flag for sexual deviance at all. *advertiser censored* that depicts sexual deviance would raise a red flag for me, but I think many normal adults watch/have watched *advertiser censored*.

<modsnip>

I think it's possible that KP was an Eddie Haskell type. (Hopefully most of you know the type?)

Given how she described him as cleaning up, helping out and rocking the baby AND how clean-cut he seemed to try to be, at least on his FB page, I can see him pulling off that nice boy image for some. And then letting his nasty side out around his friends -- with the alcohol and the *advertiser censored* and the lecherous fantasies. I highly doubt he ever let the true extent of his perversions out for anyone to see. So sure, maybe JA should have put two and two together, but he seems naive at best. And maybe grandma should have, but she may not have been seeing the whole picture.

Were there red flags? Probably. But the frog doesn't notice the water is boiling until it's too late, and neither did the Ammermans.

Who knows?

I think it's possible that KP was an Eddie Haskell type. (Hopefully most of you know the type?)

Given how she described him as cleaning up, helping out and rocking the baby AND how clean-cut he seemed to try to be, at least on his FB page, I can see him pulling off that nice boy image for some. And then letting his nasty side out around his friends -- with the alcohol and the *advertiser censored* and the lecherous fantasies. I highly doubt he ever let the true extent of his perversions out for anyone to see. So sure, maybe JA should have put two and two together, but he seems naive at best. And maybe grandma should have, but she may not have been seeing the whole picture.

Were there red flags? Probably. But the frog doesn't notice the water is boiling until it's too late, and neither did the Ammermans.

Lol. Ole Eddie Haskell was slicker than Wally and the Beave put together. Lmao.

Sorry to go off topic.

What each of us would or wouldn't do in our own personal lives is not relevant to what the people did in this case. They have their own reasons and motivations for doing the things they've done. In order to really know how and why this event happened, we need to try to understand their world not compare their world to ours.

Repeating over and over that we would never do the things they did ..... accomplishes what at this point?

http://egis.39dn.com/egisv4/View/egisprc.cfm?pin_18=60-10-20-400-400.273-028

http://m.heraldtimesonline.com/news...5a2-f1d1-11e5-aa09-8b32ae4d2e7d.html?mode=jqm

http://listings.findthehome.com/l/104913557/489-W-Jefferson-St-Spencer-IN-47460

Thank you so much!! That was very kind of you to go searching for that!! I appreciate it!

You're a grandmother. You walk in your house, and there's DRUNK guy holding your PRECIOUS GRANDDAUGHTER. If that's not a red flag, I don't know WHAT is. I don't give a (fill in the blank) how GENTLE he was with her. Period. End of story.

Lol!! I'm sorry I couldn't resist quoting you. Totally agree.

[video=twitter;715323620457840642]https://twitter.com/JennieWTHR/status/715323620457840642[/video]
Jennie Runevitch &#8206;@JennieWTHR
#ShaylynAmmerman funeral nearly finished. Many families here. Many tears. One-year-old to be buried tomorrow.

:tears:

Joining the discussion to share this article from the Indiana University newspaper regarding KP not being known around Spencer. When this was posted on the IDS fb page, a commenter mentioned KP went to school in Ellettsville and grew up in Bloomington/Ellettsville. Still curious how he got connected with AA and this family.

http://www.idsnews.com/article/2016/03/spencer-residents-try-to-make-sense-of-rape-murder-of-toddler

(I originally started reading WS when Lauren Spierer went missing and now am actively reading again because of this horrifying case so nearby. Spencer is not too far from Bloomington but yet it seems like a foreign place to me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay