GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree! Alcohol causes you to lose your inhibitions so you're more likely to speak the truth, say what's on your mind, or do something you didn't have the guts to do sober.

I think inthedetails might be on to something about the fondling thing. It doesn't seem logical that he would've gone from 0 to 60 that quick.

I am wondering if being around his niece, who appears to be about the same age as Shaylyn, brought something out in him that lead to Shaylyn's rape and murder.

I am wondering if being around his niece, who appears to be about the same age as Shaylyn, brought something out in him that lead to Shaylyn's rape and murder.

His poor family must be freaking out wondering about all the times he might've had access to nieces, cousins, etc.

I really hope he didn't do anything to anyone else. It's scary that this *could've* been the first time and it was so so horrible. How long does someone think and fantasize about something so heinous before acting on it? :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indiana also has Jessica's Law for sexual offenders of children:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica's_Law

The law is named after Jessica Lunsford, a young Florida girl who was sexually battered and murdered in February 2005 by John Couey, a previously convicted sex offender. Public outrage over this case spurred Florida officials to introduce this legislation. Among the key provisions of the law was classifying lewd or lascivious molestation on a person under the age of 12 as a life felony, and a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison and lifetime electronic monitoring of adults convicted of lewd or lascivious molestation against a victim less than 12 years old. The statute also requires that if an offender is sentenced to a term of years, he or she must be given lifetime probation following the imprisonment."

Here is Indiana's statute:

Provides fixed felony class A sentencing ranges of 20-50 years for specified sex crimes involving deadly force, including sexual misconduct w/ a minor and child molestation. Also limits suspension of class A child molestation sentence only to that in excess of 30 years.

Requires sexually violent predators be electronically monitored, includes GPS.

http://www.leg.state.vt.us/WorkGroups/sexoffenders/NCSLs_Jessicas_Law_Summary.pdf

It reads to me that if he's found guilty and he doesn't get the death penalty, he'll get no less than a 30 year sentence.

I have been extremely intoxicated before (I did graduate from ECU :blushing: but only have a very rare drink now), and I have never, ever wanted to hurt a child. Of course, I believe that the ole' "I only did that because I was drunk" is rubbish. When you are inebriated, the truth comes out, IMO, even if it was something you wouldn't necessarily act on if you were sober. I probably just confused the heck outta everyone, but I am good at that as well. :innocent: Bottom line, IMO, you ARE or are NOT a pedophile/dangerous person, whatever the case may be. :pullhair:

That's not at all what I said or meant. Obviously no one gets so drunk that they brutalize someone if they didn't already have evil in their hearts.

I'm wondering if he failed to adequately conceal her body because he was drunk. Because he left her right next to the river rather than in it. (I realize this is a brutal line of inquiry, and I'm sorry, but I feel like there must be a reason he did this.)

eta: Now I know how threads get so askew. It's like a game of telephone.

eta2 adding my original quote: "Rural. Very rural. Right up against where the water would meet," Durnill said. "It appears that, where the river would flood, the body was found right in that area. It's a private access. It's on private property near Gosport."

Someone mentioned this in an earlier post, but it strikes me as interesting, too: Why? Why did he put the body there? Did he have last-minute regrets and want it to be discovered? Was he too drunk to think clear-headedly? If the river was right there, wouldn't that have been a better place to put her if he wanted to get away with it?

I'm anti-death penalty so I wouldn't want that sentence for anyone. I do believe he will get nothing short of life without parole. He's 22 now, even 30 years would make him only 52-53 when he gets out. Still a danger in my opinion.

Along with the posts above about his history, I wonder if he has a history of psychological issues or if he has ever killed a small animal. I think that usually occurs with serial killers, not rapes per se, but the brutality of this crime makes me wonder.

And could his alcohol abuse have been to deal with these urges or something else that was going on with him?

You don't just wake up one day and decide to do something like this. Either he's been thinking about it a long, long time and something just created the perfect storm of urge and opportunity, or he had some kind of psychosis fueled by alcohol and who knows what else (not excusing it -- trying to understand it).

That's not at all what I said or meant. Obviously no one gets so drunk that they brutalize someone if they didn't already have evil in their hearts.

I'm wondering if he failed to adequately conceal her body because he was drunk. Because he left her right next to the river rather than in it. (I realize this is a brutal line of inquiry, and I'm sorry, but I feel like there must be a reason he did this.)

eta: Now I know how threads get so askew. It's like a game of telephone.

eta2 adding my original quote: "Rural. Very rural. Right up against where the water would meet," Durnill said. "It appears that, where the river would flood, the body was found right in that area. It's a private access. It's on private property near Gosport."

Someone mentioned this in an earlier post, but it strikes me as interesting, too: Why? Why did he put the body there? Did he have last-minute regrets and want it to be discovered? Was he too drunk to think clear-headedly? If the river was right there, wouldn't that have been a better place to put her if he wanted to get away with it?

Obviously I don't know what was going through this guy's mind at the time of disposal, but he did leave her naked. That doesn't sound very regretful to me. He left her alone, on the ground, naked, and then he burned her clothes.

All of this is speculation and pondering.

Obviously I don't know what was going through this guy's mind at the time of disposal, but he did leave her naked. That doesn't sound very regretful to me. He left her alone, on the ground, naked, and then he burned her clothes.

All of this is speculation and pondering.

I didn't say he was regretful. I was thinking out loud, trying to think of WHY he would leave her out because to me, it's one of those little puzzle pieces that didn't/doesn't make sense. Those are the things I could think of ... there may be other reasons, and I was hoping WSers could help me think of them.

But clearly, I'm wasting my time even bringing it up. I apologise for wasting other people's time and will move on.

I didn't say he was regretful. I was thinking out loud, trying to think of WHY he would leave her out because to me, it's one of those little puzzle pieces that didn't/doesn't make sense. Those are the things I could think of ... there may be other reasons, and I was hoping WSers could help me think of them.

But clearly, I'm wasting my time even bringing it up. I apologise for wasting other people's time and will move on.

I'm sorry my reply upset you. I'm not sure what I wrote that is so upsetting as I am thinking aloud just like you are. I had no intention of misinterpreting what you wrote, please understand.

Thankfully none of us can fully understand why Kyle behaved as he did.

And how did he expect to get away with it? Didn't he realize he would be the obvious suspect?

I don't think he thought that far ahead. I think he saw an opportunity and had no impulse control so he seized it and acted on his fantasies, that's just my guess.

Like someone else said, it might've just been the perfect storm. :-(

ETA: then again there's the bleach issue. Was it premeditated? He certainly did horrible things I'd never even conceived of to hide his DNA. Just awful.

And how did he expect to get away with it? Didn't he realize he would be the obvious suspect?

The crime was soo blatant and risky, it was so obvious that he would be the #1 suspect. And this is where the bleach came in. He was going to throw AA under the bus. What's scary is (IMO) with all the risk and probability that he would be caught, he still could not control himself. That's freighting.

(Quote):
Community says goodbye to baby Shaylyn
Although he was thankful for the chance to grieve, Sgt. Durnil knows there’s more work to be done. He said investigators still need to collect more evidence and interview more persons of interest.

“When I say persons of interest, it’s a huge span on everybody from who was in the house that night to who saw somebody that was in the house that night, who spoke to somebody that was in the house that night,” he said.

http://wishtv.com/2016/03/30/community-says-goodbye-to-baby-shaylyn/

How long can an inmate be on suicide watch? Will Parker eventually be moved to general population?

How long can an inmate be on suicide watch? Will Parker eventually be moved to general population?
I don't have any kind of official answer. My guess, for what it's worth, is that someone in jail can be on suicide watch as long as a mental health professional feels they're at risk.

In prison, IDK, but would hope that at some point a person's lawyer would push for a mental health evaluation to determine if they should be transferred to a mental health hospital.

I just saw a video of the Maternal grandmother thanking the community for coming together for her granddaughter, Shaylyn. I think it is exactly what we all expected from a member of the family of this sweet baby, that we hadn't seen with the Ammerman family.

I don't know how to post a link here I think it was wish tv I just googled Shaylyn Ammerman, last hour and it came up. Can someone please post the link here for others? Thanks so much

I just saw a video of the Maternal grandmother thanking the community for coming together for her granddaughter, Shaylyn. I think it is exactly what we all expected from a member of the family of this sweet baby, that we hadn't seen with the Ammerman family.

I don't know how to post a link here I think it was wish tv I just googled Shaylyn Ammerman, last hour and it came up. Can someone please post the link here for others? Thanks so much

http://wishtv.com/2016/04/01/baby-s...ngly-grateful-for-the-support-as-they-grieve/

I hope this is the right one.

Not sure how long he will be on suicide watch? If he really is determined to off himself he will eventually find a way anyhow. I think just by the sheer evil act he committed the guy must of had a death wish anyway, IMO.
If he was in any way freaked out by his feelings of infantophilia he would of got mental help before something as bad as this happened and he not only screwed up the life of an innocent baby and her family, but his own life as well.
I hope he does get a psychiatric evaluation because he definitely needs one as does anyone that is capable of thinking of hurting a child to a degree where they act on their depraved feelings.

(Quote):
Community says goodbye to baby Shaylyn
Although he was thankful for the chance to grieve, Sgt. Durnil knows there’s more work to be done. He said investigators still need to collect more evidence and interview more persons of interest.

“When I say persons of interest, it’s a huge span on everybody from who was in the house that night to who saw somebody that was in the house that night, who spoke to somebody that was in the house that night,” he said.

http://wishtv.com/2016/03/30/community-says-goodbye-to-baby-shaylyn/

Good. The DA of Owen County and the State of Indiana know Parker is eligible for the death penalty if found guilty. They'll make sure any possibility of doubt is ruled out when they go to court. I'm sure legal experts are weighing in. Parker's confessed; he said he acted alone in his atrocities.

I don't think we'll hear much more before August. moo

It's is good to hear from Shaylyn's mother's side of the family. So very sad. Wonder if they were much involved in her life...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back