GUILTY IN - Skylea Carmack, 10, Gas City, Grant County, 31 Aug 2019 *stepmom arrested* *appeal filed 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fact that all of the pictures of Skylea provided to the public, in order to help look out for her, are pictures taken from super far away. We got 3 pictures, one in a restaurant and the other two it seems like Skylea is in a group of other people, probably playing. It's a bit sketchy that nobody thought about releasing a clear AND recent picture of this child. At least her mom is actually out there searching for her.

Yea this is not looking good. Has stepmom been in the media pleading for her return or just mom? MOO
I just noticed from this early video of the family that she may be there. She was shown with her hands to her face and crying while Dad was speaking @ - 4:25 on vid. I don't know what she looks like or if that's her but IMO it could be.
Update on The Missing Girl from Gas City

Last edited:
Gas city is too close to Delphi for me. I’m really leaning at a run away that went awry tho. Hoping this isn’t another case of a young girl being coerced into running into the arms of a predator. Do we know if she has her cell with her? MOO

Gas city is too close to Delphi for me. I’m really leaning at a run away that went awry tho. Hoping this isn’t another case of a young girl being coerced into running into the arms of a predator. Do we know if she has her cell with her? MOO

I would hope for a runaway situation at this point. Because I think it may be much worse than that based on her environment.

On the earlier video when Mom was asked how she learned Skylea was missing, she said when LE contacted her. I would've thought Dad would've contacted Mom soon after he realized she was missing to see if she was there or if her Mom had heard from her.
Maybe since she's an ex -- they're not 'speaking' ?
Although if the ex's child is missing.... jeeze.

Finding it somewhat odd that CPS felt the need to remove the kids and place them in foster care.

Wasn't there other family for them to be with ? Kind of traumatic on top of everything else.
MOO

Maybe since she's an ex -- they're not 'speaking' ?
Although if the ex's child is missing.... jeeze.

Finding it somewhat odd that CPS felt the need to remove the kids and place them in foster care.

Wasn't there other family for them to be with ? Kind of traumatic on top of everything else.
MOO
I’m wondering if there isn’t more that is known to LE and CPS - it’s an odd move IMO

I’m wondering if there isn’t more that is known to LE and CPS - it’s an odd move IMO

It’s not only odd, but it’s drastic.

This isn’t something that is done lightly, and it requires a compelling justification.

There’s a reason for it, and it’s not to help the family search for Skylea.

There has to be some evidence that those kids would be in danger.

Oh this poor girl. MOO Sounds like she ran away and things went to far. I'm gonna hold on to that thought and hope that she is well and will seek assistance to get whatever help she needs. Hopefully she didn't get into someones unlocked shed or car to rest and was there over the holiday weekend in the heat (I'm assuming its hot and humid there as it is in PA this time of year). Please don't let this be another case of Step-Parent issues.

10-Year-Old Indiana Girl Vanished 3 Days Ago; 'Optimistic' Police Seek Public's Help to Find Her

“We are hoping she ran away and is somewhere we haven’t searched yet, but again the longer we go on, that is unlikely the scenario,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum tells PEOPLE. “We are asking for the public’s help.”

Slocum says the girl, who is home schooled, didn’t have a cell phone and possibly left carrying a pink backpack, a purple autism awareness blanket and a pillow.

She has run away before, he says, but “we checked the locations she had gone to previously but so far we haven’t found her.”

“We are still remaining optimistic until something changes,” he says. “All the scenarios are on the table and we are remaining optimistic until we have evidence to believe otherwise.”

Police have reviewed some video footage from area homes and so far she hasn’t been captured on any of the surveillance tapes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back