IN - Subway's Jared Fogle - plea deal in federal child *advertiser censored* case, 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if his first wife, who divorced him in Oct 2007 had an inkling this was happening with teens? According to the court documents it began in 2007. Wonder if this was the reason for divorce or it started after the divorce.
I feel bad for his second wife, not married very long with 2 small children. At least she'll have lots of money to support herself and children. I know I'd fight like hell to not let him see the kids when he gets out. I hope since he seemed to gravitate to teens that they weren't molested.

Not sure his net worth but $1.4 million gone right away to the victims. Then another $500,000 in fines. So she may not have much money left :(

I hope this gets sentenced to the max they can give him. TMZ is reporting children as YOUNG as 6 years old.

:mad:
Just disturbing! He's been a smut peddler for years (links posted up thread) back to college days selling or renting hopefully only adult *advertiser censored*. Can't help but wonder if he abused children in his teen years. I thought he looked real calm in the pic coming out of the police trailer, because he knew they would find evidence. Jmo

ciao

Am I correct in reading the plea agreement that Minor Victims 1 - 12 are individuals who appear on the videos Taylor was secretly recording in his home?

Minor Victim 13 was 16 yrs old when Fogle paid her for sex in 2012.

Minor Victim 14 was 16 yrs old when Fogle paid her for sex in [year not clear]

The agreement filed ahead of an expected court appearance by Fogle said he agrees to pay $1.4 million in restitution to 14 minor victims, who will each receive $100,000. Fogle will also be required to register as a sex offender and undergo treatment for sexual disorders.

http://www.wboc.com/story/29829099/...-acts-with-minors-child-*advertiser censored*

this agreement suggests to me that LE has all the goods on him and can prove it big time.

The agreement filed ahead of an expected court appearance by Fogle said he agrees to pay $1.4 million in restitution to 14 minor victims, who will each receive $100,000. Fogle will also be required to register as a sex offender and undergo treatment for sexual disorders.

http://www.wboc.com/story/29829099/...-acts-with-minors-child-*advertiser censored*

this agreement suggests to me that LE has all the goods on him and can prove it big time.

That is how I read the agreement as well. It's quite disturbing to say the least.

Fogle's initial hearing lasted less than 15 minutes. He was advised of his rights and placed on home detention. He will be monitored by GPS.
During the hearing, Fogle sat with his head down next to his attorneys. Seemingly nervous, Fogle repeatedly clasped and unclasped his hands. He nodded affirmatively and spoke softly in response to questions from the judge asking if he understood the charges and the proceedings.Federal prosecutor Steve DeBrota was surrounded by agents from the FBI, IMPD and Indiana State Police.
No date was set for a hearing on the guilty plea.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/19/jared-fogle-subway-child-*advertiser censored*-jared-foundation-indiana-university-diet-net-worth-family-us-district-court-southern-district--indiana/31929227/

I'm so mad ! I want to rant in all caps . Why do they call it ' sex with minors' instead of ' sexual assault' of minors???? He's a pedophile, end of story !
He sexually assaulted minors while allowing many others to be assaulted so he could view the *advertiser censored* after the fact. Why does the wording in the media act like he's
having consensual sex with children? Shame on you , media ! One does not have sex with minors without committing the crime of sexual assault of minors ! From what I understand these are not 17 3/4 yr olds. They're children !

I'm curious as to what kind of time he'd have been looking at if he'd been charged with all counts of all images, videos, financial transactions/sex with minor, etc.

Anyone know if he could have been looking at serving time on some charges consecutively vs. concurrently?

Could he have been looking at 20, 30, or more years?

That's what I suspect, anyway. Makes sense you'd quickly cop to a plea for a sure 5-12 years than gamble on 20, 30 ,etc., knowing what they had evidence of....

One charge carried 30 years in prison.

Is this how plea deals usually work? If a person please guilty they get less prison time?

I'm so mad ! I want to rant in all caps . Why do they call it ' sex with minors' instead of ' sexual assault' of minors???? He's a pedophile, end of story !
He sexually assaulted minors while allowing many others to be assaulted so he could view the *advertiser censored* after the fact. Why does the wording in the media act like he's
having consensual sex with children? Shame on you , media ! One does not have sex with minors without committing the crime of sexual assault of minors ! From what I understand these are not 17 3/4 yr olds. They're children !

The thanks button was not enough.

I agree with everything you have said SCHMAE.

I am so sick and tired of the media being so dismissive when minors are raped/molested/assaulted by an adult male or female.

Why don't they call it legally what it is? They know damned well it is against the law because they are minors but yet time and time again we have to read the crap they put out saying 'had sex with' which shouldn't ever be said when the victim/s is a minor.

They are even worse though when a female teacher/pedophile rapes/molests one or multiple students. There is no such thing as a consenting minor below the age of consent but if the media had their way they want us to believe its okay when its not okay and never will be. Every time I see the same phraseology I want to scream. The media has become disgusting in how they present things. If they aren't showing their agenda and biases then they are trying to water down what happened to children who are/were victims of sexual abuse.

This creep did a plea deal because he didn't want all the details of his dirty perverted dark secrets known. He is a pedophile, end of story. Anyone that gets sexually aroused by a minor child is pure scum imo. They are the worst of the worst in our society, imo. Leeches preying off the most defenseless among us. And then making kiddie *advertiser censored* and swapping it back and forth between other pedophiles shows he has no moral compass whatsoever. He is disgusting and just like all the other pedophiles our society has to deal with.

I heard his wife is immediately filing for a divorce. I hope she cleans his plow monetary wise. He has made her and his children victims too. What a self centered .

It just goes to show, no one really knows what is in someone's mind. JF made sure he outwardly showed one face in order to hide what was hidden underneath that was twisted, vile, and ugly.

I hope the Judge gives him the maximum he can when he sentences him. These kind of people cant be fixed. He is what he is and always will be. No child would ever be safe around him.

IMO

Is this how plea deals usually work? If a person please guilty they get less prison time?

Correct. That is typically the thing. You hear in a murder case they will take the death penalty ' off the table' if they will plea guilty to life in prison. So he's going to get substantial time no matter what but maybe 20 or 30 yrs vs 50 or 70. He's not a super young man. Realistically a 30 yr prison sentence may be just about a life sentence.
Prayers for his wife and children and I hope the media will respect them and leave them be.

Why does he get to go home with a GPS? Treat him like you would a normal person.

If this guy was joe smith instead of jared fogle of subway, he would be sitting in jail until his net hearing.

This @ss is not even considered a "celebrity". smdh. jmo

I'm shocked that the judge allowed him to be put on home confinement until his appearance on Friday.
One would think that he at least be held under a suicide watch given the magnitude of what he's plead to and it being all over the news.

Yes, a lot of times. I'm not a lawyer, but I've followed a lot of cases, and have seen it in my community. Sometimes, depending on the charge, no prison time. Sometimes they plead to a lesser charge than the actually committed.

It can also be just to get the death penalty off the table. In Jorelys Rivera's case, he and his lawyers knew he'd be found guilty at trial, way too much evidence. We have the death penalty in Georgia. He plead guilty to take the death penalty off the table. Killed himself a week later.

Correct. That is typically the thing. You hear in a murder case they will take the death penalty ' off the table' if they will plea guilty to life in prison. So he's going to get substantial time no matter what but maybe 20 or 30 yrs vs 50 or 70. He's not a super young man. Realistically a 30 yr prison sentence may be just about a life sentence.
Prayers for his wife and children and I hope the media will respect them and leave them be.

I wish. But if you read the plea deal, he is asking for a "no shorter than 60 months" jail time deal, which means 5 years. 5 years for at least 2 RAPES that we know about.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back