IN - Subway's Jared Fogle - plea deal in federal child *advertiser censored* case, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope this turn of events will put to rest the fallacy that arrests are always immediate when child *advertiser censored* raids like this are done.

I hope this turn of events will put to rest the fallacy that arrests are always immediate when child *advertiser censored* raids like this are done.

and to the one saying offenders always get jail time.

I thought it was mandatory jail time if fed charges are brought up. We know of a person who was actually a teacher in Kentucky who was busted by a federal raid. He got I think 14 years, with no plea deal. Maybe I didn't understand it when I was told about it correctly. I guess it depends on whether ithey are federal charges or not. His brother said there was no negotiating in reference to sentencing because of mandatory jail terms. Also, isn't it possible now for victims of child *advertiser censored* to sue viewers?

Mandatory 5-30 years depending on if it was transporting to producing. It also depends on the nature of the images.
http://www.justice.gov/criminal-ceos/citizens-guide-us-federal-law-child-*advertiser censored*

A very close relative of mine got 30 years.

Ex-Subway spokesman Jared Fogle expected to plead guilty to child *advertiser censored* charges, accept plea deal

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/08/18/jare...dvertiser censored*-charges-accept-plea-deal/

I wonder what the plea deal consist of?

TY for this update.

When I linked to the article and tried to read it, my virus protection notified me that an intrusion attempt was blocked.

Sources say Fogle will accept a plea deal Wednesday. The U.S. Attorney’s Office will hold a press conference tomorrow afternoon to discuss the deal and charges against Fogle.

http://fox59.com/2015/08/18/former-...uilty-to-child-*advertiser censored*-charges/

I'm not surprised at this announcement. There were some who were claiming that since he wasn't arrested when the raid took place that he must not have been involved in any criminal activity.

Looks like that claim has turned out to be completely WRONG!!!

I hope he serves the maximum jail time.

I will never understand these type of people, who put themselves in positions where they are admired for doing something good. Then they go and ruin it for all with such a heinous crime such as child ponography. Shameful and sinful! imo

These people purposely get into positions like that. They do good things to create trust in others, which gives people like Jared more access to possible victims. Plus, any suspicion of wrongdoing is deflected off of them because of their general reputation as a "good person".

Shaking my da** head. You may think you're not hurting anyone by ' merely' viewing child *advertiser censored* but the reality is someone, somewhere had to ABUSE that child for you to see the image at your home computer. It should be a charge equal to assaulting the child victim, imho. Hang ' em up !

respectfully snipped for focus

And the victim will continually be victimized each time the pictures or videos are shared and viewed.

Imagine being sexually assaulted. Then imagine pictures and videos being taken while you were being assaulted. Imagine knowing that the pictures and videos of your sexual assault are continually being passed around, mailed around, emailed around, and viewed for deviant enjoyment, day after day, year after year. Possibly for the rest of your life.

:maddening:

Mandatory 5-30 years depending on if it was transporting to producing. It also depends on the nature of the images.
http://www.justice.gov/criminal-ceos/citizens-guide-us-federal-law-child-*advertiser censored*

A very close relative of mine got 30 years.

I'm hoping by 'plea deal' they mean, "Look, if you plead guilty right now to these XX charges here, we'll only ask for a XX year sentence. You may have some sort of life after prison. If you plead not guilty to all these charges, and we take this to trial, you are looking at Jerry Sandusky time."

So supposing the plea goes like this '' yes i possessed them in my home BUT the computer belongs to the ( previously convicted x partner in jail whose name escapes me ) and I will testify against said dude as per my agreement but not admit to ' viewing' the *advertiser censored* images . **speculating** It seems very early on to make a plea , almost a rush to plea. That tells me there is not much jail time in it or I would assume not much. People dont' plead guilty to get 50 yrs. They'll take their chance in court. So tomorrow will be interesting.

I'm guessing he gets 5-10yrs. It definitely depends on if he sent the the *advertiser censored* elsewhere or just received it.
400 videos is a lot. Which probably means he had many many more pictures.
The Business Insider article above talked about teenage girls. That may make a difference too.
While I don't think it should matter if it's mid teen girls vs toddler type sicko....it may.

respectfully snipped for focus

And the victim will continually be victimized each time the pictures or videos are shared and viewed.

Imagine being sexually assaulted. Then imagine pictures and videos being taken while you were being assaulted. Imagine knowing that the pictures and videos of your sexual assault are continually being passed around, mailed around, emailed around, and viewed for deviant enjoyment, day after day, year after year. Possibly for the rest of your life.

:maddening:

It lead a girl in the Bay Area to commit suicide.

Those were in Russell Taylor's possession, just to clarify. His lovely friend and one-time employee.

Wonder if any of those 400 videos were sent to or from Jared...

Oh you are right! Sorry I read through that to quick.

Curious if the plea includes jail time or since he's a ' celebrity' who's done ALL this good for all these under advantaged children, will he only get probation? He better get registered!!!

If his so-called 'charity work' through his foundation is considered a mitigating factor at sentencing, I'll be pissed!!!

If his so-called 'charity work' through his foundation is considered a mitigating factor at sentencing, I'll be pissed!!!

No kidding! His charity work with CHILDREN, run by a guy who's in jail for child *advertiser censored*.

Does anyone know what time he's supposed to appear in court today?

Ok so horrible, horrible question regarding this. I wondered this when this story first broke but got side tracked. It's awful to think about BUT does the FBI have units who are tasked with viewing ALL of the child *advertiser censored* that they find on people's computers to search for missing kids ? I would assume so but what a horrible job :( I mean we know of so many missing kids and so many are presumed to be sold into sex trafficking and when they find these people 's computers with child *advertiser censored* on it, it's never a few images . It's always in the 10s or 100s of thousands of images. I feel awful for anyone who has that job but surely someone must , right? Because they would want to try to know who these kids are and find them, right?

Shaking my da** head. You may think you're not hurting anyone by ' merely' viewing child *advertiser censored* but the reality is someone, somewhere had to ABUSE that child for you to see the image at your home computer. It should be a charge equal to assaulting the child victim, imho. Hang ' em up !

I can answer a little of this.

Yes, there are units in numerous agencies that specialize on these types of crimes.
When our office does the forensic exams, with the equipment we have, it can break many of the images into "known" CP and unknown CP. "Known" means these are images that have already been identified by NCMEC and victim info is often known. Unknown CP means just that, not already identified and further investigation is going to be needed to see if victim info can be determined.

NCMEC is our clearing house for CP. We send our images to them and it can take a few months for them to return info to us.

As I mentioned much earlier on in this thread, we had a local LE partner that our agency trained, that had to ask to be released from his 3-year commitment to us because of nightmares, anxiety, etc...basically, his mental health. Realize, he was a known officer to us before and hand-picked because he IS a great investigator. It just shows it DOES take a special person to be able to focus hour after hour on this type of crime and not have it impact your daily emotions.

A little off track of Jared, but I read a report on one of our exam returns just last week, and it was one of the most disgusting ones I have ever had to read. 5 victims in the images, and we now know 2 were ones the suspect manufactured - meaning, he (or, "allegedly" someone in his house, LOL) videotaped the criminal acts. Ages estimated were 2 years old, and 11 months. :( (The others were ages of 7, 5 and 5, IIRC. Bound, items forced in cavities, etc. When you read articles in the media about CP, you don't normally get the "real picture" of how horrifying those incidents can be.)

Shower time.

Oh, if he is charged federally, I do expect he will do time.

I didn't even know he had been charged with anything. Now he's expected to plead guilty? Wow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97
Back