GUILTY IN - Tara Willenborg, 17, raped & murdered, Clarksville, 2 March 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He needs put down like a rabid skunk. I hope they drug tested him, not that it makes any difference.

Observation: Click the link and click his picture to enlarge his picture. Looks drugged and vacant to me. Anyway, notice the difference in pupil sizes.

http://newsandtribune.com/local/x657743372/Clarksville-police-investigating-death

I couldn't get your link to work. He does have prior drug charges. Meth I believe. He is definitely coherent and able to recount the events of the night in his interview with the press though.

I would like to hear a lawyers perspective of this interview he did with the press and also some feedback from one of our verified psych professionals.

I couldn't get your link to work. He does have prior drug charges. Meth I believe. He is definitely coherent and able to recount the events of the night in his interview with the press though.

I would like to hear a lawyers perspective of this interview he did with the press and also some feedback from one of our verified psych professionals.

Links working for my browser. It's also the first link in the first post. Hope you can check it. Yes I'd read his priors and saw meth in one. He's a repeat, repeat now murderer.

Yes, when photo is enlarged, pupil in left eye is definitely larger than pupil in right eye -- vacant look in eyes also. Horrible creature! I wonder why only one pupil was enlarged ??

He needs put down like a rabid skunk. I hope they drug tested him, not that it makes any difference.
Observation: Click the link and click his picture to enlarge his picture. Looks drugged and vacant to me. Anyway, notice the difference in pupil sizes.

http://newsandtribune.com/local/x657743372/Clarksville-police-investigating-death

Links working for my browser. It's also the first link in the first post. Hope you can check it. Yes I'd read his priors and saw meth in one. He's a repeat, repeat now murderer.

The link worked this time for me. I don't know why that happens sometimes.

BBM: Yeah, I wonder how many that work in the justice system can see it coming when their released, but can't do a darn thing about it.

BeginnersLuck, Link worked for me on second try. I would also like to hear a lawyer's perspective of the interview he did with the press. Very unusual. I have not been able to hear the video on the interview. My sound is up as high as it will go, so I will try it again later tonight.

Here is a 16 minute interview of the perpetrator by reporters. I have never seen anything done like this, since I've been following cases. He tells the account and gives insight into his actions.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Raw-video--195984601.html
This is the MOST BIZARRE thing I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!

He seems lucid, sane, and yes, even remorseful - but still. What kind of LE / Sheriff's department allows this and even sets it up for him to be interviewed by the local media.

SO BIZARRE!!!

Wonder what his attorney thinks about this lil interview? It also seems that he knows what a monster he is, doesn't know why he does it - but is lucid enough when he does to know what he's doing and that its wrong, and that he is open to help from doctors.

I'm still just reeling over how bizarre this whole thing is. Local media doing a sit down interview / press conference with a very recent rapist/murderer who has already done 15 years in prison for rape.

WOW - Bizarre.................................

JMHO

Do they have evidence beyond the confession? It seems wierd that he would confess that easily.

Do they have evidence beyond the confession? It seems wierd that he would confess that easily.

I have a feeling there will be plenty of DNA. Since he has been in prison for this twice already, he is probably well aware of the procedure. He had a warrant already, so he was going to jail anyway. Neighbors had seen him around her and listening to the 911 tape, it appears that the BF or someone talking in the background suspected someone. I'm thinking it was him. He was definitely displaying some strange behavior that others had noticed.

I do find it unusual for someone to just blurt out a confession. You don't see it happen to often. Maybe in his mind he just figured he was doomed and he might as well get it over with.

Yes, when photo is enlarged, pupil in left eye is definitely larger than pupil in right eye -- vacant look in eyes also. Horrible creature! I wonder why only one pupil was enlarged ??

Different size pupils can indicate brain damage or injury. That's one of the things they check for in concussion and it can also show a tumor or lesion in the brain. When my oldest sister had severe headaches, the very different pupil sizes was an indication that led to the discovery of the brain tumor that eventually took her life.

Then, some people have different pupil size with no brain injury - my second older sister, for instance. She always has to argue with her doctors because her pupils are different sizes and they want to check for brain injuries. They've been different for over 60 years now, so it's just the way she is. :waitasec:

I'm not a medical professional, just been checked for concussion multiple times.

I've been trying to find another close up photo of him to look at his pupil size. This is the best I could find so far.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-Indiana-teen-confesses-terrible-crime.html

It really doesn't look enlarged in these photos to me. What does everyone else think? I also noticed some scratch marks on his face in the mug shot that I don't see now. I thought maybe they were from meth (picking) but maybe they were wounds. One is under the eye with the enlarged pupil.

An ex-girlfriend is interviewed in the article. It looks like he has also been using an alias.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Ex-girlfriend-of-Richard-Hooten-talks-to-WHAS11-196565061.html

Customers at the neighboring bar O'Dolly's where Hooten and Patsy were regulars also know him as David Cook. They, like Patsy, say he was a quiet man who seemed nice.

But her opinion of him soon changed when she says he shoved her during an argument and she kicked him out. A week later on New Year’s Day she heard a rumor that he had raped a woman.

“She was giving him a ride home, He took her to O'Dolly's, raped her and beat her up,” Patsy said.

LMPD confirms they are investigating a sexual assault there.
This case just makes me furious. They should have gotten DNA from that rape. I don't know what the backlog is right now for processing. He was on the run anyway, so even if they would have tied him to the case, they still had to find him. He was crossing state lines committing crimes.

He said in his "press conference" that he has raped 4 or 5 times. This makes 4 so far. I doubt he can even comprehend the definition of rape. There were probably ones that were never reported.

We can do better than what we are seeing here with these repeat offenders. :banghead:

http://newsandtribune.com/local/x1221095224/State-to-seek-death-penalty-against-Richard-Hooten

The state of Indiana will seek the death penalty against Richard Carley Hooten, Jr., for the March 2 rape and murder of a Clarksville teenager.
Hooten has served time in Kentucky on three separate occasions, twice for assault and once for escape. He also served 15 years in the Georgia Department of Correction after being convicted of rape, aggravated sodomy and aggravated assault; and also has a previous conviction in Clark County for sexual battery and residential entry.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/21758983/richard-hooten-faces-the-death-penalty-in-willenborg-murder

Willenborg's father was visibly shaken as he said that while Hooten had apologized in the media, he had not apologized to the family: "That was a big ploy there," Todd Willenborg said, "trying to come up with some defense or something because he didn't need to say a word. He already gave hours of confessions, they already had everything, they had enough DNA. His little talk on there wasn't necessary, it just made it worse for us."

The most horrific thing is that he did 15 years for the same thing in Atlanta. He was a THREE time convicted sexual predator, yet Clark County not only put him back out on the streets to do it again, but they "lost him"' for six months prior....as he had not registered with the sex offender people. By their own account' Clark County has around 300 sex offenders, with 3 full-time cops responsible for making sure these people register & to LOOK for them if they do not register. ClarkCounty, Indiana is a good ole boy clubhouse...they are famous for false arrests, bogus traffic tickets & abusive, terroristic behavior towards normal, non-violent citizens during routine traffic stops & 911 calls. So it does not surprise me that this small community is homicidal. I went to the local graveyard the other day to visit my son's grave & I couldn't even get to it without trumping through the mud of freshly covered graves. I could not believe this. What is happening here. The population of this county can't be more than 60.000. I do know that if anyone speaks out against any miscarriage of justice around here, that they are harassed until they are falsely imprisioned. It happened to me & others close to me, which is why I moved to ky. This did not have to happen to Tara! RIP & my on- going prayers to her family & loved ones. And yes, it was sick to allow him air time. So what if it was unusual for a killer to want to publicly confess without an attorney.....

Richard Hooten (now 50) was sentenced to life+ for the 2013 rape/murder of Tara Willenborg (17) in Clarksville.
He was given a life sentence for murder and 70-yrs for rape and criminal deviate conduct.

These news outlets are from Louisville, Ky. The crime happened just across the Ohio River in Clarksville, In.

http://www.wave3.com/story/25555173...-70-years-for-rape-murder-of-clarksville-teen

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...rd-hooten-sentenced-rape-murder-teen/9274231/

http://www.wdrb.com/story/25553066/clarksville-man-who-admitted-killing-teen-to-be-sentenced

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonHutson
Back