In your opinion, why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

• Because they are truly in love.

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • To get her on his side/confidence.

Votes: 73 11.4%
  • To avoid statutory rape charges.

Votes: 177 27.7%
  • Because they think they won't have to testify against each other.

Votes: 156 24.4%
  • That Misty is maybe pregnant

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

Votes: 195 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My reason wasn't one of the options, but I think they may be in love and it's may be what Misty has been demanding since they first got together. Someone had to be mentioning it to Haleigh for her to want it so bad, then there's the threatening message to the other girlfriend about having her man and her child next, and Misti was already calling Ron's kids her kids. I think it was mostly Misti's idea and Ron's mother advising him it's the best thing to do with all the criticism he's gotten. Somewhere, in his grief and depression he has to know that something isn't right with what all has happened.

I really really agree with the part of your post that I bolded. Thank you for putting into words what I was thinking but couldn't get from my head to my fingertips!

I'm going with option #9: something is up that is more than likely more than one of the above...

Been busy and haven't kept up a lot with the marriage situation, but I heard the preacher wouldn't marry them. At least someone in their realm has the brain to stand up and say "wait a minute... this is not right".

I thought about an incident that happened many years ago. My father was a minister and one evening a couple came to our house and wanted my father to marry them. The woman had a little girl about 18 months old that was with them. My father had never met these people so he spent some time talking to them and he had a very unsettled feeling. He thought the man was controlling with the little girl. He told the couple that he had questions about the advisability of them marrying and he would not perform a marriage ceremony. Evidently, they found someone who would. My father was horrified about a year later to read in the paper that the little girl had been killed by her stepfather. His "gut feeling" was right on. This story may not relate at all to this case but it did jar a memory from the past.

I would rather have seen a pollof what they didn't marry for :p

Because I would have picked - 'cause they are truly in love' - that wasnt what this marriage was about.

His mother told him to do it. And, he always listens to his mom.
Well, that would go along with her nothing short of glowing remarks about Misty and how much the children love her. Interesting that a 17 y/o who dropped out of school would be such a suitable step-mother for 4 & 5 y/o children. :waitasec: MOO

I think the only reason why they got married is because they knew Crystal was going to fight for custody of Jr. He knew he would loose him because he left his kids with a child and he was living . Just looks bad.

Here's my take on each voting option:

Because they are truly in love. 1 0.99%

I've seen nothing even remotely resembling love in their interactions. A man does not call the woman he loves a dumb b*tch no matter what's happening. No love or affection during interviews, during the abbreviated engagement, during the wedding or during the honeymoon interview.

To get her on his side/confidence. 3 2.97%

I think a wedding is overkill if that is the case. An engagement lasting more than 96 hours probably would have worked the same.

To avoid statutory rape charges. 25 24.75%

Possible if they have not sought legal advice. But I would imagine someone has told them that regardless of the marriage he still may face charges for this.

Because they think they won't have to testify against each other. 23 22.77%

Again, I find it hard to believe that anyone would go to the trouble of getting married for this reason without checking into it. The spousal privilege does not apply for crimes before the marriage or crimes involving childre.

That Misty is maybe pregnant 4 3.96%

Nah- In his mind, marrying the mother of his children is not a necessity.

Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

This gets my vote. I think it's a combination of several factors including ignorance.

I think the only reason why they got married is because they knew Crystal was going to fight for custody of Jr. He knew he would loose him because he left his kids with a child and he was living . Just looks bad.

Too bad being married doesn't automatically make one an adult........

Probably a combo of all but the love one. If Misty is pregnant and it is going to become visible soon, maybe TN was worried that her showing would force LE's hand in that they would have to do something about charging Ron since everyone is watching, and TN couldn't cover for him like she has in the past.

I pretty much feel this was a judgement call on Rons part, he may have felt that it would appeal to DFS or the courts, if Crystal chooses to go back into Family court to revise the custody. I dont beleive Misty is pregnant at this time. Not yet anyway.

Here's my take on each voting option:

Because they are truly in love. 1 0.99%

I've seen nothing even remotely resembling love in their interactions. A man does not call the woman he loves a dumb b*tch no matter what's happening. No love or affection during interviews, during the abbreviated engagement, during the wedding or during the honeymoon interview.

To get her on his side/confidence. 3 2.97%

I think a wedding is overkill if that is the case. An engagement lasting more than 96 hours probably would have worked the same.

To avoid statutory rape charges. 25 24.75%

Possible if they have not sought legal advice. But I would imagine someone has told them that regardless of the marriage he still may face charges for this.

Because they think they won't have to testify against each other. 23 22.77%

Again, I find it hard to believe that anyone would go to the trouble of getting married for this reason without checking into it. The spousal privilege does not apply for crimes before the marriage or crimes involving childre.

That Misty is maybe pregnant 4 3.96%

Nah- In his mind, marrying the mother of his children is not a necessity.

Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

This gets my vote. I think it's a combination of several factors including ignorance.

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote.

A way to make the news and get paid for interviews.

I don't even know how to answer, because there are too many factors involved. My take on it is Misty "thinks" she is in love, she "thinks" being married, playing mommy, having a hubby taking care of her, is the ultimate sweet...shes seventeen, immature and should be in school with her most important decision at the moment being which dress she should chose for her prom. She is living in fantasy land, so she thinks...she is in for a very rude awaking I'm afraid.
Ron is not in love with Misty IMO. Misty is nothing more than a live in convenience, someone to watch the kids, do the dishes, cook meals, clean the house and tend to his brains below the belt mentality. Misty feeds his ego. At her age, she is both too naive and gullible to realize that he keeps her around only because he can control her and he thinks he can mold her to suit his own needs. I don't believe he had plans on marrying her any time soon, if at all, until it was brought to his attention that Crystal would be filing for custody of Jr. I don't believe it was his initial idea that marrying Misty could possibly help him retain custody, I think his Mom may have put that little bug in his ear and he went with it...simple as that. So I vote: Misty marries for love, Ron marries to retain custody of Jr.

Actually, I would have voted for 'all of the above' and added some more!

I had to go with the bizarre aspect. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???? Ooohh, they weren't. These two certainly didn't get married because they're in love at least not on Ronald's part. His body language toward her speaks volumes; he's either got his arm around her to steer her where he wants to go or just walks on by her and she follows like a little puppy dog.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member