In your opinion, why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

• Because they are truly in love.

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • To get her on his side/confidence.

Votes: 73 11.4%
  • To avoid statutory rape charges.

Votes: 177 27.7%
  • Because they think they won't have to testify against each other.

Votes: 156 24.4%
  • That Misty is maybe pregnant

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

Votes: 195 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know, perhaps being in love, maybe add in a touch of some worries about Misty's age and possible charges, and maybe add in to push the envelope and have the abductor react and show themselves.

How would RC and Misty getting married cause an abductor to reveal himself?

“Well, it is unusual for some onlookers, but those people didn’t live with my two grandchildren,” Neves told Nancy Grace. “My grandchildren, both Haleigh and Junior, have very often said that they would love for their daddy to marry Misty and that they wanted Misty to be their mommy.

I find this rather unlikely. Haleigh might have been to a wedding and envied the flowergirl for the nice dress and Jr. might have said Yeah I guess when asked, wouldn't you like me and your dad to marry, but generally I find that little children think little of weddings. It does not make much difference for them if the adults are married or not unless the adults make it a big deal for them. The kids can't read the marriage certificate and what matters to them is the emotional athmosphere at home, not the legal status of the union. I don't believe the reason for the marriage was because the kids requested it.

I had forgotten about that. I would not be surprised if it was discussed with the children, jmo

I find this rather unlikely. Haleigh might have been to a wedding and envied the flowergirl for the nice dress and Jr. might have said Yeah I guess when asked, wouldn't you like me and your dad to marry, but generally I find that little children think little of weddings. It does not make much difference for them if the adults are married or not unless the adults make it a big deal for them. The kids can't read the marriage certificate and what matters to them is the emotional athmosphere at home, not the legal status of the union. I don't believe the reason for the marriage was because the kids requested it.

ITA, Donjeta... most little kids don't even think about what "getting married" means, much less express that as their most fondest desire. And I seriously doubt that Haleigh or Jr. wanted Misty as their mommy, in favor of their REAL mother. Kids are notoriously partial to their mothers... doesn't matter with whom they live.. there is a bond there that transcends anything else, unless that mother gave them up at birth and never sees them.. and sometimes even then, once they are old enough they will move heaven and earth to find their birth mother.
I would imagine that Ron and Misty got married because of a combination of all the above choices... but the love seems to be a little one-sided, IMO.

My children only saw their father 4 days a month, but he is their father. They were in his wedding yet never saw their step mother as their mother - still don't and they are grown.

I'm surprised they are still together, do we know if they still live 'happily' with GG S????
Do they work?

Stilettos, thank you for your compassion. I am grateful that there are people in this world who live in the spirit of compassion and kindness rather than bitterness and meanness. Thank you.

I cannot imagine any circumstance where knowing that a child wanted something so badly that within weeks of her disappearance, the two people who were able to give it to her did the one thing they could assure to deny it to her. Again there is no compassion to that, there is no kindness to that. It is sad and tragic that this gift they thought so much of honoring was denied the child whose wish it was. If they got married for love's sake, for the unity of their family, for the love and support husband and wife should engender from one another, then god bless them.

Did you see love in RC's eyes as he married the last person supposed to have seen his daughter alive?

I watched that video in the last 30 minutes and I think he was wearing sunglasses.

Isn't Crystal Sheffield engaged? I think Ron hastily married Misty in an effort to prove to Crystal that he too had moved on with his life and had found true love.

Isn't Crystal Sheffield engaged? I think Ron hastily married Misty in an effort to prove to Crystal that he too had moved on with his life and had found true love.

Correct, she is.

In the article on AH's site "Haleigh Cummings’ Mom Wants Custody!"
“He’s getting married 30 days after Haleigh goes missing, that says it all,” Crystal tells me in an exclusive interview, adding that she has postponed her plans to marry an electrician named Chad, but will keep paying for the wedding dress she has on layaway.
http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/11/haleigh-mom-wants-custody/

I remember hearing or reading an interview where one of Misty's SILs said that "in the end", they decided to go ahead without a flower girl since HaLeigh would've been the "best fit". That made me sad as it sounded as if another little girl had been considered for that role. It seems to reinforce the idea that they didn't get married because HaLeigh wanted them to do so.

I remember hearing or reading an interview where one of Misty's SILs said that "in the end", they decided to go ahead without a flower girl since HaLeigh would've been the "best fit". That made me sad as it sounded as if another little girl had been considered for that role.

I'd love to read that interview please if you could find a link. TIA. :)

I remember them all saying they would have the wedding again as soon as HaLeigh came home and she WOULD be their flower girl.

I remember hearing or reading an interview where one of Misty's SILs said that "in the end", they decided to go ahead without a flower girl since HaLeigh would've been the "best fit". That made me sad as it sounded as if another little girl had been considered for that role.

Wow, that took my breath away, but like I said in my longish post above my analysis is that the wedding was not about Haleigh so I guess it's congruent... :(

I don't know about you Shaymus...but I have seen that video over and over in the last months. i am kinda tired tonight and do not feel like looking through everything to find it. Maybe i'll look for it tomorrow if you don't have it right at your fingertips.

I'd love to read that interview please if you could find a link. TIA. :)

I remember them all saying they would have the wedding again as soon as HaLeigh came home and she WOULD be their flower girl.

It's kind of late now, I'll definitely look for a link for you just as soon as I can. :smile::smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991