In your opinion, why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

• Because they are truly in love.

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • To get her on his side/confidence.

Votes: 73 11.4%
  • To avoid statutory rape charges.

Votes: 177 27.7%
  • Because they think they won't have to testify against each other.

Votes: 156 24.4%
  • That Misty is maybe pregnant

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

Votes: 195 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
and I thought I was the only one who questioned this.....the wedding and reasoning is sheer lunacy

especially in one month.

not to mention ...marry the person who was supposed to be responsible for his daughters well being, care and safety on the night that she...disappeared. :snooty:

not to mention ...marry the person who was supposed to be responsible for his daughters well being, care and safety on the night that she...disappeared. :snooty:

and get married the very next day after the new wife walked out of an LE interview seeking to get information about his daughter's disappearance. :snooty:

and get married the very next day the new wife walked out of an LE interview seeking to get information about his daughter's disappearance. :snooty:

That's just it! EVERYTHING surrounding that wedding (and I use that word loosely) is just plain strange imo...

That whole marriage scene is odd. I think he is trying to keep Misty's mouth shut myself so she will not rat out on him about all the drugs and other illegal things he may have been doing.
I think they both know what happpend to Haleigh.

That whole marriage scene is odd. I think he is trying to keep Misty's mouth shut myself so she will not rat out on him about all the drugs and other illegal things he may have been doing.
I think they both know what happpend to Haleigh.

I concur! Just looking at his face during the wedding tells me that Mama forced him to do it. Reason being...protection. Now to what he needs protection for......

I saw the photo of him down on his knee. I think he loves Misty. The photos don't tell the whole story about the wedding. I am sure it was very bittersweet for Ronald to be there missing Haleigh and thinking of her. I do not feel it was a reflection on the way he feels about Misty.

There is no reason to believe any protection can come from the marriage. By law, there is nothing to be gained. Teresa does not force him to do anything including getting married, imo. She is a loving mother and grandmother who is going through unspeakable pain at the loss of Haleigh.

I saw the photo of him down on his knee. I think he loves Misty. The photos don't tell the whole story about the wedding. I am sure it was very bittersweet for Ronald to be there missing Haleigh and thinking of her. I do not feel it was a reflection on the way he feels about Misty.

There is no reason to believe any protection can come from the marriage. By law, there is nothing to be gained. Teresa does not force him to do anything including getting married, imo. She is a loving mother and grandmother who is going through unspeakable pain at the loss of Haleigh.

BBM. There is a lot of protection to be gained from the marriage - with Children's Services for one. Being married takes Ron out of the statutory rape category into a man with a wife to care for his children.

My opinion only

Frankly, neither RC or Misty strike me as legal scholars. I am thinking they were not aware that the statute does not apply to crimes against children and crimes perpetrated before the marriage.

IDL if alcohol was served the day he was "glowing" in the engagement pic. I do know the only glow he had in the wedding pics was the green tinge of "what the hello am I doing here." JMLO

BBM. There is a lot of protection to be gained from the marriage - with Children's Services for one. Being married takes Ron out of the statutory rape category into a man with a wife to care for his children.

My opinion only
If LE were so inclined to bring such charges, the marriage would not prevent it.

Frankly, neither RC or Misty strike me as legal scholars. I am thinking they were not aware that the statute does not apply to crimes against children and crimes perpetrated before the marriage.

IDL if alcohol was served the day he was "glowing" in the engagement pic. I do know the only glow he had in the wedding pics was the green tinge of "what the hello am I doing here." JMLO
Teresa is smart enough to know the laws regarding such statutes. If there was any question, she only had to ask her boss.

Again, the photos mean nothing...imo. We do not know what he was feeling or thinking at the time they were taken (except we know he was missing Haleigh as it is a given). We do not know his mood before or after they were taken. He was there as the groom and did not call off the wedding. This tells me he wanted to be exactly where he was at the time.

Teresa is smart enough to know the laws regarding such statutes. If there was any question, she only had to ask her boss.

Ask her boss, the sheriff, if whether marriage will prevent her son and his new bride from testifying against one another for crimes that they might be charged with which happened prior to said marriage, including statutory rape? I'd like to hear how that would be worded!!! :)

Again, the photos mean nothing...imo. We do not know what he was feeling or thinking at the time they were taken (except we know he was missing Haleigh as it is a given). We do not know his mood before or after they were taken. He was there as the groom and did not call off the wedding. This tells me he wanted to be exactly where he was at the time.

Yeah, we don't know what he was feeling or thinking, but he sure looked unhappy and in the sharing of the cake video, pretty annoyed that Misty shoved it into his face. I can't say that he was "missing HaLeigh" as a given. This seems more like a hope on your part that he was missing her. If you're suggesting that his somber mood was because he was missing her, then aren't you kinda taking liberties to assign what you THINK he would be feeling to them? But I hope, along with you, that she was on his mind and in his heart.

But being somber, not liking the cake ceremony, just being there does not indicate a willingness; only a necessity. To get married, there needs to be a bride and groom. I can't say with all assurance that he wanted to be there, and evaluating video and images, I would draw from those that Misty was thrilled to be getting married, and Ronald was not.

Teresa is smart enough to know the laws regarding such statutesIf there was any question, she only had to ask her boss.

That is speculation! I cannot imagine TN actually asking someone she knows in LE what the statute in that would be. I do not see her as a walking legal expert. JMLO

My basis was protection from Children's Services, as I said.
What does Children's Services have to do with Ronald and Misty as a couple?!

Rj is still with Ronald and Misty. After this length of time, CFS would have removed him if they felt he was in any kind of danger from either Ronald or Misty.

Ask her boss, the sheriff, if whether marriage will prevent her son and his new bride from testifying against one another for crimes that they might be charged with which happened prior to said marriage, including statutory rape? I'd like to hear how that would be worded!!! :)

Yeah, we don't know what he was feeling or thinking, but he sure looked unhappy and in the sharing of the cake video, pretty annoyed that Misty shoved it into his face. I can't say that he was "missing HaLeigh" as a given. This seems more like a hope on your part that he was missing her. If you're suggesting that his somber mood was because he was missing her, then aren't you kinda taking liberties to assign what you THINK he would be feeling to them? But I hope, along with you, that she was on his mind and in his heart.

But being somber, not liking the cake ceremony, just being there does not indicate a willingness; only a necessity. To get married, there needs to be a bride and groom. I can't say with all assurance that he wanted to be there, and evaluating video and images, I would draw from those that Misty was thrilled to be getting married, and Ronald was not.
Teresa or Ronald could have checked with a number of people including a lawyer to find out the law regarding marriage and being able to testify against one another. They also have access to the internet! Not a huge leap to think if it was the reason they married, someone would have looked it up!

Wasn't Teresa discussing how they felt without Haleigh there on tv? Hmmm...I think she would know. And to me, it is a given they were all missing Haleigh! How could they not be?!

There was a bride and a groom present. He said his, "I do". We can watch the same videos and see entirely different things. I do not see what you are saying at all to be true except for him being annoyed. Frankly, I have seen many men who reacted to cake being shoved in their face and I happen to agree with them. It is disrespectful, imo.

That is speculation! I cannot imagine TN actually asking someone she knows in LE what the statute in that would be. I do not see her as a walking legal expert. JMLO
No one said Teresa needed to be a "walking legal expert". She has never claimed to be one either.

What does Children's Services have to do with Ronald and Misty as a couple?!

Rj is still with Ronald and Misty. After this length of time, CFS would have removed him if they felt he was in any kind of danger from either Ronald or Misty.

Well, Children's Services could have had PLENTY to do with Ron and Misty, IF they hadn't married. Sleeping with an underage girlfriend who is "babysitting" the children just doesn't look right, kwim? I would image Children's Services might really frown on them sleeping 3 to a bed with another child only feet away.

"Rj is still with Ronald and Misty. After this length of time, CFS would have removed him if they felt he was in any kind of danger from either Ronald or Misty."

"I" don't know when or if CFS removes a child from a parent's custody, especially since we heard the investigation is "ongoing". If you have inside information, please share.:)

My opinion only

A wedding ring was Misty's reward for keeping her mouth shut about Haliegh's disappearance. She knows what happened and probably made some type of agreement that she'd remain silent if she became Ron's wife.
Just my opinion and maybe just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members