Inconsistencies/Discrepancies & Timeline discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would say that the bolded statement means just what it says... she is the key to the investigation AND they are trying to work through her inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period.
I'm curious as to why they are concerned with the hours between 7:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m. Why not 10:00 when she says she went to bed after cleaning? It tells me they aren't buying her story of putting them to bed at 8:00 and going to bed herself at 10:00. It tells me that they think she is lying about being there during those times, and that Haleigh could have been taken anytime after GGma Sykes saw them.... if indeed she did.

BBM

My guess as far as 7pm - 3am timelime that LE is working with is that 7pm is
the last time anyone living outside the MH saw HaLeigh. I believe that 7pm is the time that GGM stopped over. That is something that can be independently confirmed by more than one source (ie - Misty and GGM)

And before people jump in and say "we never heard her say she stopped over until a week later", that does not mean that LE did not hear her say it. Family members were interviewed in the immediate hours after HaLeigh went missing. These same people were under no obligation to tell the media anything.

If LE has gotten this time line straightened out I wish they would announce it. Sure would help.

If LE has gotten this time line straightened out I wish they would announce it. Sure would help.

At this point I wish they would announce ANYTHING!!! The least they could do is rule 1 person out. I don't even care if it's Joe Blow.

The first canine unit appeared on the scene very early. This unit was a LE trained canine. This gives very good clues to Haleighs last locations. Looks like she may have been in a vehicle and they lost her at that ........ Bluff Road.

She may have been in a car and the scent dissapaited by the time they reached the hwy.

I have not been able to locate any pond on any map. I hope somebody who knows the area can tell us where this pond is.

But she was defintiely in the area and to the pond and looped around Buchanen Circle and up
Tyler to that Bluff Road area.

Whisperer - the dogs went straight from the back door down a path to the left rear of the house, to the river, to the shed thing and then through the woods over to Monroe, nearly in HaLeighs old back yard, then around Buchanan Circle and behind some residences up to the RR tracks. Early on someone posted that LE discussed that is was breezy that night and the scent could have "drifted" (for lack of a better word on my part). Additonally, these were areas where HaLiegh would have been at some point. Her school bus stop was across the street from the RR tracks.

I suggest her scent stopped there because that is where she got on the bus, scent drifting and all. I am kinda tongue in cheek here because I thought dogs followed the freshest scent. However, if she was taken by car from the house, the old scents would be the freshest ones. Right?

Canine trained by LE .... very soon after Haleigh reported missing..early hours.

Police initiated a track beginning at the back door and down a wooded path, as we travelled down the wooded path, we located what appeared to be a small child's footprint in the dirt. It should be noted that Ronald said Haleigh's shoes were still located inside the residence. The track lead up to a small pond and then back to the railroad crossing. At the last residence on the right side of the Green Drive was a small building with a door which had been left open. I entered the building but found no one insire

The track then continued past the north residence, where police made a left turn on Monroe Avenue. We made another left onto Buchan Circle, which we followed in a loop back to Monroe Avenue. We then made a left onto Tyler Street, and travelled past 116 Tyler, which is a location where Misty stated she had walked with Haleigh in the past. We then made a right turn on BUffalo Bluff Road to the railroad crossing, where we found were forced to end the track, because the canine nwas unable to follow it any further.

Easily seen in Google Earth:

oBetween Buchanan and Green Lane are thick trees heavily wooded area and there is a dirt path that goes through these trees towards the water. It doesn't look like they took Green Lane at first ... It appears they may have gone to the path behind the house...to the water then up Green Lane and onto Monroe....L on Buchanan and around the circle to Tyler.

If Haleigh was in a vehicle her scent may have dissapaited by the time she reached the HWY. God forbid, I hope the water wasn't the last stop. It is possible that clothing, etc was in the vehicle and that the scent was coming from blankets or clothes.

I trust the hounds that were trained by LE>

Hounds can trace the scent in vehicles also. She may have walked or was carried to a vehicle and the hounds traced it but they can only go so far with the vehicle...not like on foot.

For a long time, I thought the hounds may have traced her school route but this route doesn't jive. At some point she was headed towards the water.

It almost looks like she walked to the water and a vehicle picked her or her companion up from the water and drove around Buchanan, up Tyler to the Hwy.

BBM

My guess as far as 7pm - 3am timelime that LE is working with is that 7pm is
the last time anyone living outside the MH saw HaLeigh. I believe that 7pm is the time that GGM stopped over. That is something that can be independently confirmed by more than one source (ie - Misty and GGM)

And before people jump in and say "we never heard her say she stopped over until a week later", that does not mean that LE did not hear her say it. Family members were interviewed in the immediate hours after HaLeigh went missing. These same people were under no obligation to tell the media anything.

Hopefully Misty told LE what time GGMSykes was at the MH. Misty never addresses the issue in her story to reporters - maybe to LE... LE hasn't said and I think they could clear that up if they wished.

PCSO should not be hung up on the timeline from her. Gosh, look at what Casey's timeline entailed! None of it was true! Yet they built a case around it in spite of the A fam's attempts to thwart the entire investigation. Why can't PCSO do the same? :confused:

If this case grows cold only because of Misty's memory then they need to revise what they are doing and bring in additional help next time before touching a crime scene.

Inconsistent does not mean a memory issue. It means an honesty issue.

I don't know, my guess would be they don't believe the story, or parts of the story, but if there is even a tiny shred of proof to it, then they believe that they have placed Jr's life in danger. Their denial of the story could also be an effort to protect Jr, who knows.

I do believe Butterbean told his mother about the black man. I do not believe he saw a black man. There is no danger to the child at all. More facts about this "story" will come out later I suspect. moo

Just goes to show you that she has no idea how much trama that poor boy has had.
Crystal just does not get it.

Can you explain exactly what Crystal does not get? This post isn't tied to anything, doesn't seem to relate to anything and I just don't get it. TIA!

I thought the whole "coming through the wall" thing was a truly bizarre thing for a child to say. I've heard little children say all sorts of things when they are scared...but never about being scared of a bad man coming through a wall. Makes me very curious. Did he see something? Was he coached to say something? What is going on with that poor child?!?! :confused:

Yes, I do believe he was coached by his father to say something. moo

I think we will get more about that soon. Pretty sure anyway.

Radio, that's interesting. Most people believe his mom coached him.
As for Jr. talking about a man coming through a wall... kids have huge imaginations, and something simple can turn into something very scary to a child. My youngest boy claimed once that there was a lion under our house. He was about 4 at the time. We had a part collie dog and the dog was under the house, far back in the shadows, and that's what he saw. But to him at that moment... it was a lion.

Radio, that's interesting. Most people believe his mom coached him.
As for Jr. talking about a man coming through a wall... kids have huge imaginations, and something simple can turn into something very scary to a child. My youngest boy claimed once that there was a lion under our house. He was about 4 at the time. We had a part collie dog and the dog was under the house, far back in the shadows, and that's what he saw. But to him at that moment... it was a lion.

Yeah I know. I've seen a lot of posts like that myself. So many outrageous made up falsehoods have been written about Haleigh's mother and that is just wrong. It was wrong when they were written and repeated over and over - seen by me and others as just too silly to think they would be believed. Big shock - but they did become believed after they were repeated and repeated and then repeated some more. I may never know or you may never know the sorrow that those falsehoods have caused .... but I won't view them as being so silly that no one will believe them ever again. Saddest thing was - none of them had a thing to do with Haleigh going missing.

As far as the wall - kids do have whopper imaginations. No telling what that little boy was told that awful night.

Yeah I know. I've seen a lot of posts like that myself. So many outrageous made up falsehoods have been written about Haleigh's mother and that is just wrong. It was wrong when they were written and repeated over and over - seen by me and others as just too silly to think they would be believed. Big shock - but they did become believed after they were repeated and repeated and then repeated some more. I may never know or you may never know the sorrow that those falsehoods have caused .... but I won't view them as being so silly that no one will believe them ever again. Saddest thing was - none of them had a thing to do with Haleigh going missing.

As far as the wall - kids do have whopper imaginations. No telling what that little boy was told that awful night.

I have no clue what you're talking about. The only things ever said about Crystal can be backed up with links. No one has stated "falsehoods". I'm sorry you feel that way.

I have no clue what you're talking about. The only things ever said about Crystal can be backed up with links. No one has stated "falsehoods". I'm sorry you feel that way.
bbme

Me too. It's a lousy feeling. Don't plan on getting over it to fast either. :snooty: (lol)

I have seen many things said about Crystal that were RUMORS stated a facts, not backed up by links.

I have seen many things said about Crystal that were RUMORS stated a facts, not backed up by links.

True. When rumors are stated many times, they become known to some as facts. Doesn't make them true, though. Some of these rumors were accepted because of who put them out there. Amazing isn't it, that some will not believe a seasoned reporter but will believe a "source" in Baker Co. when we have no idea how credible they are. JMHO, and I'm entitled!

Well, I'm not slinging mud at anybody, just saying that some things that have been accepted as facts have not been confirmed by anyone in authority. Perception is the key here. Many people can take things and perceive them to be entirely opposite than what others see. That's just human nature. None of us are 100% objective... and that's a fact!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carzytoaster
Back