Inconsistencies/Discrepancies & Timeline discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't feel sorry for Ron. His mother Theresa reminds me of Jackie Peterson and Cindy Anthony who think their children do no wrong. Misty reminds me of Karla Homolka in her wedding dress while there were three dead girls in their trails. Misty looked so happy shoving cake into Ron's face, laughing. I believe it is the detective Bowling (sp) who is questioning Misty's story as I am and many of us here are. jmho

I asked my husband who hasn't been following this (knows that the 5 y/o girl is missing and 17 y/o girlfriend watching her), what he thought about them suddenly getting married.

His answer was..."sounds to me the 17 y/o girl finally got the guy's attention, that she's been wanting. Now that she's the only girl, and now that her "competitor" is gone".

My husband was married to a very devious woman, when he was in his early 20's. When they had his daughter, all of his attention went to her. Didn't sit well with the ex.

Just a thought...because the marriage thing and the "blanket or was it a sheet" story are setting off the hinky meter.

Another thing that stuck out to me in that article...

Bowling said investigators believe clearing up Croslin's inconsistent statements would help solve the disappearance.

Croslin declined to be interviewed when contacted Thursday by the Daily News.

"I would really appreciate it if you people would stop calling me," she said.

IMO, she sure didn't have a problem talking to a reporter on Monday but now that the heat is on, she wants them to leave her alone.

Oh and the detective accused her of lying or being a liar! Hmmm...sounds to me like Mr Detective might know something that Misty doesn't....like maybe her lie detector test came back as showing deception :waitasec:

I asked my husband who hasn't been following this (knows that the 5 y/o girl is missing and 17 y/o girlfriend watching her), what he thought about them suddenly getting married.

His answer was..."sounds to me the 17 y/o girl finally got the guy's attention, that she's been wanting. Now that she's the only girl, and now that her "competitor" is gone".

My husband was married to a very devious woman, when he was in his early 20's. When they had his daughter, all of his attention went to her. Didn't sit well with the ex.

Just a thought...because the marriage thing and the "blanket or was it a sheet" story are setting off the hinky meter.

*bolded by me*

I've been thinking the same exact thing!!

As for Misty walking out of the interview, I expected that. When I heard that LE took the back door slam off the hinges I kinda got the feeling everyone bettter duck, cuz it was gonna get ugly pretty quick.

She talks about 'why' she did this..on NBC's The Today Show. She claims she told lead det. John Merchant that she is no longer willing to be questioned by the new detective. So, imo..she didnt like the line or the tone of the questioning? and claims he called her a liar? She cant take the heat and leaves? So she does have her limits and this style of questioning obviously could possibly break her. And confirms that we had thought they were being really soft on her all along.

I think this is very good they are coming down hard on her.I hope they do.I do feel she knows something.May I please ask a question?Is misty saying she never went to the party? a caller made a tip she did go too.

might be bursting. The other day she sure was cocky about how the lie detector "proved" where she was etc.

She has always rubbed me the wrong way. I tried to accept that perhaps she was just exhibiting the result of her unfortunate upbringing but, although that is part of it, that isn't all of it. I do think she has been abused but that doesn't mean she's an innocent little thing. I think she's a devious little thing as exhibited by her going after Ron and throwing it in Amber's face as well as going on and on about how Haleigh and Junior wanted her to be their Mommy when she's well aware they already have a Mommy. She won't EVER be their Mommy. Anyone else, especially in this situation where she was the last person with the missing child and the mother is there would be well cognizant of that fact and be careful of using the correct and accurate term "Stepmother" especially while the actual Mother is on the scene. Of course, most people would never presume to speak for a missing child to make themselves look good. Most people would not use their children to explain their marriage under bizarre circumstances. Who the heck says they're getting married becasue a 3 & 5 yr old want them to? Who believes a 3 & 5 year old even care about marriage? Their own parents weren't married. Why would they even care about marriage which does not, in general, seem to mean a whole lot to this group anyway which appears to marry, divorce and procreate at will.

I think Misty is all about Misty. I'm not even saying I blame her necessarily as her family clearly bears a huge responsibility for how she turned out but she is someone who has, literally, nothing, no home, no job, no educaiton, no skills, no prospects and so it's no wonder she latched on to Ron for dear life. I am just not sure the limits of what that might entail.

Unlike others, I'm not surprised she hasn't broken. She has more to lose than anyone and I don't see her willingly jeopardizing what she has attained.

I agree. Misty is young and appears naive, but when I was younger I knew girls just like her, who were much more street smart than they appeared on the surface.

If she were a man instead of a 17 year old girl, you can bet that the police would have had her thumbs in a proverbial vice long before now.

This gets more and more like a Whodunit every day. IMO someone we are seeing is responsible, we just don't know who yet. I think LE letting things drag on without arresting anyone is smart, though. I know with Casey A., the fact that she was arrested so early made many think it was a mistake- it alerted her that they were on to her, and also meant she couldn't lead them to a body if she went and checked on it..

Misty is uneducated but is very street wise. I do not see her as being naive at all. She knows what she wants and gets what she wants. I also wonder if any jealousy was going on. Haleigh is daddy's little girl, Misty is third in line but is trying to be first in line. Misty kept saying she passed the LDT, no one has been informed that they are not suspects. Everyone is still suspect.

LE aren't saying much verbally but by the looks of things with Misty being reinterviewed over and over, they have cause for concern. Maybe they have a lead, maybe she wasn't home, I truly don't know, all I know is Haleigh is missing, no where to be found. By Misty walking out of that interview saying he was "rude" is a child's tantrum, she is a child. She probably needs an attorney and should get one. I fear this abduction will turn out more and more like the Anthony case.

I also wonder about this blanket or sheet Misty claimed to have been washing. Did Haleigh have an accident and wet the bed? Did Misty just loose it due to her just washing it for that same reason?

Something is rotten and everytime I hear Misty speak of Haleigh, it's always in the past tense...I think LE might see that as well.

Praying for Haleigh's safe return...

Meredith Viera: Why were there inconsistencies?

Misty Croslin: I don't know.

MV: But you know, you did do that.

MC: Yeah.

MV: And you're not sure why?

MC: No.

Oh boy.

So do we now talk about her walking out here...or on the Misty thread? I'm getting confused. I thought this thread was about all of the inconsistencies for the whole case, and it's kinda a big deal that Misty walked out....so I don't want that to get buried....

suzannec, yes Misty is saying she was at home all evening.

Ron's mom said they called her after Ron got home from work at 3:30, she said it takes 15 or 20 mins to get from her house to Ron's then she said she got to Ron's house at 3:30.

Another thing that stuck out to me in that article...

[/I]Croslin declined to be interviewed when contacted Thursday by the Daily News.

"I would really appreciate it if you people would stop calling me," she said.[/I]

IMO, she sure didn't have a problem talking to a reporter on Monday but now that the heat is on, she wants them to leave her alone.

Oh and the detective accused her of lying or being a liar! Hmmm...sounds to me like Mr Detective might know something that Misty doesn't....like maybe her lie detector test came back as showing deception :waitasec:

INCONSISTENT:
Misty told PDN that she would appreciate "you people" not calling trying to interview her.
She didn't mind talking to reporters even today [MViera], especially if they were willing to cough up a "honeymoon" for the lovely newlyweds. Trying to preserve that exclusive that they had undoubtably promised to NBC, I imagine.

INCONSISTENT:
HLN just had a snippet of an interview with TN. She said that Ron and Mist didn't get married before now because Ron always had to work. Huh?

Well, I guess in a distorted kind of way, the sick time and vacation hours donated to Ron by his co-workers so that he could search for Haleigh could be considered "paid vacation".

Whatcha wanna bet he loses his job TODAY?

Bolded by me....

Its funny, when I got together with my now fiancee, I made it very clear that my son would always come first, and that I would have to have contact with my ex husband regarding things about our son. My son was 2 at the time, now 5. My fiancee understood that, but everyone of my ex's new girlfriends don't.

I watched their interview this morning on the today show and there was such a long pause, actually very long silent and uncomfortable pause after Meredith asked Misty "and you're not sure why?" about the inconsistencies. Not only that but during the silence waiting for Misty to answer at one point she looked at Ron which I found odd. It was like she was looking at him for the answer or to save her. Odd.

suzannec, yes Misty is saying she was at home all evening.

Ron's mom said they called her after Ron got home from work at 3:30, she said it takes 15 or 20 mins to get from her house to Ron's then she said she got to Ron's house at 3:30.

Ok,Thank you for answering me.Do you or any one know any more about the call(Tip)that was called in that misty was at the party?Do they know who called?Do they know who was at this party?I think it is important to know who was at this party.

Misty C states her brother, nephews, niece, and ac man came to the house that day and the left sometime between 5:30 pm and 5:45 pm.. She never mentioned Grandma Sykes visiting them to drop off clean clothes. Why didn't she mention Grandma Sykes in the beginning... Grandma Sykes came forward with this information in reference to allegations made that Misty was not at home that night....

When did Mist say that cousinJO visited her at the home?
[Sorry, I hesitate to search for anything due to malware on my PC.]

INCONSISTENT:
Misty told PDN that she would appreciate "you people" not calling trying to interview her.
She didn't mind talking to reporters even today [MViera], especially if they were willing to cough up a "honeymoon" for the lovely newlyweds. Trying to preserve that exclusive that they had undoubtably promised to NBC, I imagine.

INCONSISTENT:
HLN just had a snippet of an interview with TN. She said that Ron and Mist didn't get married before now because Ron always had to work. Huh?

Well, I guess in a distorted kind of way, the sick time and vacation hours donated to Ron by his co-workers so that he could search for Haleigh could be considered "paid vacation".

Whatcha wanna bet he loses his job TODAY?

*bolded by me*

And Misty's mother said Monday that the reason they hadn't married before now was because they wanted her to wait til she was 18 (paraphasing...something to that effect)

So what was the reason...Because Ron had to work OR because she was to young?

Personally, I think all BS OR all these folks suffer from C.R.S.

Sorry, what's the CRS?

I'm not sure where I got this from but I think someone (TN maybe) said early on that RC works 12 hour shifts from 3 pm to 3 am, but it is also said that he picked Haleigh up at 3.45. What is his working schedule?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84
Back