Indiana - Coronavirus COVID-19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's kinda scary. And I don't scare too easily. Jmo
My family loves amusement parks but the idea of going to one now is just crazy to us. Are they really going to sanitize every horse on the merry-go-round, every roller coaster seat, every inch of the giant slide, every swing, etc. every single time someone sits in it? Not to mention all the mazes and handrails and turnstyles, the restrooms, etc. Yikes!!

My family loves amusement parks but the idea of going to one now is just crazy to us. Are they really going to sanitize every horse on the merry-go-round, every roller coaster seat, every inch of the giant slide, every swing, etc. every single time someone sits in it? Not to mention all the mazes and handrails and turnstyles, the restrooms, etc. Yikes!!

I don't see how they could. Maybe they'll surprise us all. I know it's a very well kept park normally. It still scares me, and I'm all renegade happy to be back working. I mean economically I'm trying to figure out how it will work. They'll need extra employees to clean and disinfect. But less patrons. And extra extra cleaning supplies. Jmo

I don't see how they could. Maybe they'll surprise us all. I know it's a very well kept park normally. It still scares me, and I'm all renegade happy to be back working. I mean economically I'm trying to figure out how it will work. They'll need extra employees to clean and disinfect. But less patrons. And extra extra cleaning supplies. Jmo
I hope they can make it work, for their sake as well as the employees.

We’ve gone there often and it truly is the cleanest park, and not as busy as most amusement parks.

If the guests in line for the roller coasters at Cedar Point are spaces 6 feet apart, the lines would stretch from one end of the park to the other.

The Indiana State Department of Health recorded 402 new positive COVID-19 cases Sunday.

An additional 17 Hoosiers lost their lives to the virus.

Indiana's total case count now stands at 24,126, and the death toll increased to 1,379.

Marion County had the most new cases, at 93. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (16), Cass (14), Elkhart (50), Johnson (17), Lake (54) and St. Joseph (25).

Intensive care unit and ventilator capacity remains steady. Nearly 42 percent of ICU beds and nearly 82 percent of ventilators were available as of Sunday.

ISDH has partnered with OptumServe to provide free testing at 20 sites around the state, with an additional 30 sites opening next week. Individuals can register online at https://lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1116.

At last count, Indiana reported 140,029 tests have been conducted, and about 17 percent of those tests returned a positive result.

On Monday, May 11, restaurants and bars who serve food can open at 50 percent capacity, according to Gov. Eric Holcomb's reopening plan.

Click here to find a complete list of testing sites.
Indiana reports 402 new positive COVID-19 cases, 17 deaths

I was working in a local Kroger affiliate today. I was a bit surprised at the employees who had their mask pulled down under their nose or very safely protecting their chin only. Jmo

And same thing I've noticed elsewhere. About 50% of the masks get pulled down in stockrooms, out of public eye.

University of Notre Dame President Says Fall Semester Will End Before Thanksgiving So Students Won't Bring 'Pathogens' Back To Campus

While the University of Notre Dame plans on reopening its campus in the fall, the semester will look quite different compared to years past. Extensive testing, social distancing measures and a shortened semester are all apart of the university’s plan to reopen, the university’s president Father John Jenkins said in an interview with the TODAY Show Tuesday morning.

Jenkins told TODAY Show host Savannah Guthrie that he believes the university can reach its goal of reopening by August. He said that while he “doesn’t have all the details yet,” he believes that with a “robust plan” the school will be able to keep students safe. On Monday, Notre Dame became one of the first major U.S. universities to announce that it would resume in-person classes in the fall after the coronavirus pandemic unexpectedly closed campuses around the world...

I did not know this. With the continued push for testing, 43% of Hoosiers with CV+ tests are asymptomatic :eek:

Per my county health officer

Eric Yazel, MD

Parking this here. I want to watch the %. For period ending 8/7 at midnight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200808-201722_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200808-201722_Samsung Internet.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1
8/8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200809-170035_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200809-170035_Samsung Internet.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
8/9

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200810-131351_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200810-131351_Samsung Internet.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 0
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/10/02/notre-dame-president-coronavirus/

The president of the University of Notre Dame has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, school officials announced Friday. The announcement came several days after he attended a White House ceremony.

The Rev. John I. Jenkins had been self-isolating on campus after the Sept. 26 event announcing Judge Amy Coney Barrett, a Notre Dame alumna, as President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee. Jenkins had been criticized by students for not wearing a mask or following other public-health protocols at the event, and expressed regret to campus earlier this week.

Jenkins was the latest prominent leader to announce an infection Friday, a day that began with the revelation that Trump and first lady Melania Trump had tested positive...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphmaic
Back