Indiana - Coronavirus COVID-19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good? IN has the 10th highest death rate in the USA at almost 4.5%.

I should have explained better. The deaths aren't spiking up right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200412-130204_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200412-130204_Samsung Internet.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20200412-130215_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200412-130215_Samsung Internet.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1
I have noticed a big increase in the amount of people out and about since the discussions about reopening the state began. Many more people out on the road, and parking lots are nearly full at the stores that are open like Target, Walmart, and Costco.

I’ve been staying out of stores completely, just using online ordering and pickup for myself and also an elderly couple that live nearby.

I just hope we don’t see a spike in cases when relaxing of restrictions begins on May 1.

I have noticed a big increase in the amount of people out and about since the discussions about reopening the state began. Many more people out on the road, and parking lots are nearly full at the stores that are open like Target, Walmart, and Costco.

I’ve been staying out of stores completely, just using online ordering and pickup for myself and also an elderly couple that live nearby.

I just hope we don’t see a spike in cases when relaxing of restrictions begins on May 1.

I've been driving "the back way" to check on my mom so I haven't noticed a lot here. I was in Walmart Tuesday though, and we were mask wearing social distancing pros. I was shocked. Must have been the time of day. I dunno. Jmo. I hope we all stay safe.

On a sad note, next county over has it in a nursing home.

I've been driving "the back way" to check on my mom so I haven't noticed a lot here. I was in Walmart Tuesday though, and we were mask wearing social distancing pros. I was shocked. Must have been the time of day. I dunno. Jmo. I hope we all stay safe.

On a sad note, next county over has it in a nursing home.
Hamilton County, where I live, has a big issue in nursing homes. It hasn’t been well publicized, like the one in Madison County.

A family friend is in Hamilton Trace in Fishers, and they have 7 confirmed cases with several more suspected cases but they don’t have enough tests.

A Carmel nursing home has had 10 deaths due to COVID.

Hamilton County, where I live, has a big issue in nursing homes. It hasn’t been well publicized, like the one in Madison County.

A family friend is in Hamilton Trace in Fishers, and they have 7 confirmed cases with several more suspected cases but they don’t have enough tests.

A Carmel nursing home has had 10 deaths due to COVID.

This is the one I found out about:

New Albany nursing home reports at least 63 coronavirus cases, 5 deaths

I felt like asking if they've shut the heating/cooling system down. I've read on the main threads they've found CV in the ductwork. Jmo

This is the one I found out about:

New Albany nursing home reports at least 63 coronavirus cases, 5 deaths

I felt like asking if they've shut the heating/cooling system down. I've read on the main threads they've found CV in the ductwork. Jmo
In Hamilton Trace, where my friend’s mother is, they were still allowing residents to eat together in the common dining room. This is weeks after the state made the recommendation that residents not use common dining rooms but instead they should be served all meals in their individual rooms.

My friend had been talking to her mother daily on the phone, sometimes several times a day, since the time when family members weren’t allowed to visit. She was upset because her mom was telling her every day that they were still serving meals in the main dining room.

So I called the health department and informed them, asking that they call Hamilton Trace and educate them on COVID best practices. The nurse at the health department assured me they would make a trip out there and help them with a COVID action plan.

We went out to “visit” her mom (by standing outside her window) and she wasn’t in her room. We called the nurses station to let them know we came to “visit” and were outside her window, and she wasn’t in her room. The nurse told us that it was lunchtime so she would be in the dining room! And this was a week after the facility had received a visit from the Hamilton County health department!

I asked why she was in the dining room when they weren’t supposed to be eating together, and the nurse told me, “We tried to serve the residents in their rooms but they won’t stay in their rooms, so they are eating in the dining room.”

Just unbelievable.

Indiana now selecting Hoosiers at random for COVID-19 testing

INDIANAPOLIS —

Indiana officials announced Thursday that the state will be one of the first to start testing people at random for COVID-19.

Officials said the new study of random samples will provide a greater understanding of the true spread, and will in turn, help make better decisions about the state's response.

A new high announced in COVID-19 cases in Indiana today.

The Indiana State Department of Health on Friday said the number of positive cases for COVID-19 in the state has risen to 13,680, following the emergence of 641 more cases.

The count is the highest number of new cases reported by the department in a daily report since the beginning of the pandemic.

The previous high was 612 on Friday, April 17.

The state reported 601 new cases on Thursday, 341 on Wednesday, 411 on Tuesday, 476 on Monday, 569 on Sunday and 487 on Saturday.

State's daily report hits new high mark for COVID-19 cases - Indianapolis Business Journal

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back