Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bauer-25-cal-automatic-14-1834.jpg

WHY DIDN”T THE GUN FIRE A SECOUND TIME

A 25 caliber semi automatic gun will when fired reload a shell into the chamber auto maticly that is why they are called semi automatic hand guns.
When a round is fired some of the gases released push the slider back and eject the spent shell casing. As the slider returns it picks up a new shell and places it in the chamber so the gun is ready to fire again. This action is very rapid and just takes a split second to reload a new cartridge,

Firing pin strikes the primer of the cartridge, causing it to fire. The flame from the primer ignites gunpowder, which burns rapidly. Gasses created by burning powder push bullet down barrel, at the same time pushing back on the slide of the pistol. Since the slide is heavier than the bullet, it moves much slower. As the slide is pushed back on its springs, it pulls the fired cartridge case from the chamber, and it is flipped out of the pistol (ejection). At the end of the stroke, springs that were compressed during recoil now push the slide forward, stripping fresh cartridge from magazine, and sliding it into the chamber. You are now ready for the next shot

Why didn’t the gun fire a second time?
Jodi Arias said she was knocked over backwards by the impact of Travis hitting her just after the gun fired and hitting him in the head with the bullet.

If she still had the gun in her hand at this time of firing and Travis’s body hit her knocking her to the ground it would be a natural muscle clench instinct to pull the trigger as she was falling backwards. A person’s natural instinct is for your muscles to tighten when falling backwards. Especially if you are hit by someone weighing 190 lbs.
So why didn’t the gun fire a second time? It takes very little pressure on the trigger of a gun to have it fire.
After the first shot the gun loads a new shell into the chamber in a split second and all that is needed to fire again is a very small amount of trigger pressure.
Either the gun jammed or she was not in the position she said she was if the attack had occurred how she stated.
She also stated she was holding the gun with both hands and her arms were out stretched and she fired as Travis lunged at her.
I am posting a picture of just how small these 25 cal semi auto handguns are so you can see how it would be pretty well impossible for her to hold one of these guns with both hands.
The gun picture is actual size and the YouTube link shows how the gun loads itself after the first shot is fired.

The bullet trajectory hitting Travis just above the right eyebrow and traveling across the skull nicking the frontal lobe of the brain and exiting into his left cheek does not make sense if she shot him as he was lunging at her.
Even if his head was turned to the left as he was lunging the bullet could not have impacted his skull and traveled in the path the medical examiner stated it did.

Why would you retrieve a gun that as far as you knew was not loaded then run back into a bathroom that had no way for you to escape?
If it was Travis that told you the gun was not loaded he would not have been afraid of being shot by it.
If the gun was not loaded Jodi would have had to chamber a shell into it in order for the gun to fire and this is not something someone unfamiliar with semi auto pistols would be able to do in a hurry.
Juan should ask her where the safety lever is on a 25 cal gun.
How you would load the gun?
How you would know if there is not a round in the chamber already how you would put a round in it?
How she would know if the guns clip or (magazine) had shells loaded in it all in a split second or two?
If she can not provide these answers than the gun belonging to Travis would be another fabrication.
Remember she told detective Florez in his interview that she knew absolutely nothing about guns.
If she stole her grandfather’s gun she would have had time to learn where the safety was and how to lock or unlock it.
She would have been able to ask someone how you check to see if a semi auto gun is loaded or look it up on the internet somewhere without using her own computer.
She would have been able to look and see if the clip had shells in it.
She may have fired it before hand to see how much noise it would make.
I think the gun is going to be a key issue in her trial as to her premeditated quilt.

Is it possible that she loaded the gun cartridge with the wrong bullets, causing the second bullet to jam?

I know of someone who shot & killed her husband with a 357 (he was a Sheriff) but the fact that the wrong bullets were loaded, showed premeditation. A police officer would not have loaded the wrong bullets.

Who would be stupid enough to light a fire to burn things so close to the car with gas cans in the trunk? I mean, not saying she didn't but if she did in fact do that she's lucky she didn't explode with the car! LOL!!

RSBM & BBM - Jodi Arias! :giggle:

that's when he called her a sociopath and said she was the worst thing that ever happened to him, she'd hurt him more than anyone ever had, etc.

This is the text

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 110
I'm convinced Jodi drinks water the way she does because of an arm injury during the murder. I've never seen someone drink like that.

I'm convinced she does it to give the jury some finger viewing time.

Someone posted one a few days back, with a Bic-type lighter next to it to illustrate just how small it is.

Most people, men in particular, who are looking to own a gun for protection or just target shooting aren't buying a .25 caliber. More common to have a 9mm or a 45.

I guess Travis was just unlucky to have a loaded .25 in his closet when this all went down and JA was protecting herself. I mean, what are the odds that the gun was loaded and it was a caliber which typically causes the most internal damage given its lack of power (i.e., bullets don't exit as easily as a higher caliber gun)?

What a compelling post by Mormon Attorney. Hope no one minds that I've brought it over from the previous thread.

Mormon Attorney: Your sincerity and good heart shine through. A question though: What is the clinical diagnosis of the kids you deal with? PTSD? (Sorry if I missed where you previously explained this.)

Thank You for bringing this over, I'm very thankful I got the chance to read it.
Bless Mormon Attorney

If you google pics of 25 calibur hand guns you will see pictures of these guns in someones hands and will be able to relate how small they are.
I haven't quite figured out how to post a picture of one on here yet so try the google thing.

The problem I have with the gun story is Travis would have known the gun was loaded so when he saw JA threaten him with it he would have stopped in his tracks unless he thought he could over power her. Split second reactions.
If JA was going to use her own gun she sure made a mess out it. She could have shot Travis and walked out without all the struggle.
I think JA slipped into some kind of wild rage that her thought process became almost spastic and disordered.

I'm convinced she does it to give the jury some finger viewing time.

...and to make people comment on the way she is drinking. The more attention, the better in her soul-less, dead eyes.

I've given up on her. I don't even record her show anymore. They should give her show to Beth Karas IMO!

I agree. I have a friend, sorta..former co-worker. She likes to "color the story up"...tells lies for no reason, likes the drama or lies when you disagree something is wrong. That makes me want to avoid her future calls. Not deepen the relationship.
Those jurors figure out Ms. Spidey Arias has lied to them about everything and look at Travis' back again in those pics or his throat....they will realize it would be open season on men or women for future killings with her. Plus, I'd be sick if I had ever let this woman photograph my child, just saying. She needs locked away from everyone till her appeals run out for the needle.

How on earth did Travis threaten JA's life after she shot him, fell and then broke away?

Question---If Jodie Shot TA at such close range, wouldn't the damage be massive. I mean it would be like putting a gun to your head or mouth. How would he be able to do anything let alone threaten her and then run after her.

This is the text

Thank you megmono - I can see how that might set the monster off. Everything is about her and it is obvious from this text that she no longer had any control over what she believed to be her property. Travis had her pegged, pure evil.

Question---If Jodie Shot TA at such close range, wouldn't the damage be massive. I mean it would be like putting a gun to your head or mouth. How would he be able to do anything let alone threaten her and then run after her.

Yes. IT is not a large bullet but if it was at close range it would look different. My guess is he was laying on the floor and she shot him standing away from him.

With a different kind of handgun, it would have been massive.

On a simpler note, did Jodi check how many bullets were actually in the gun when she stole it? It's occurred to me there might have only been one inthe gun and that caught her by surprise.

Jodi may have taken some shells from the box the LE found in her moms house ( if I remember correctly ) It would be hard to prove she took some shells if there were some missing-- they may have been used a long time ago and I'm sure her mother wouldn't say there were some missing recently.

I have been trying to figure this out, too, Hopeful.

I tried the searching suggestion with no luck.

:truce:

Click on your name by your avatar. Public profile. It takes you to your page. On the tabs looks for statics on post you have posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local