Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I showed the last pic of Travis sitting in the shower to someone yesterday who knew nothing about this case and she gasped and said "he's terrified...did she have a gun on him here?". Thought that was interesting from someone who just barely had heard the basics of the case.

At first I did not pay much attention to the case. That picture was the first picture I saw. From hearing bits and pieces of the case I knew some pictures had been taken of the murder in some way. I thought that was one of the pictures.

Quite a bit of what's been shown to the jury are outtakes from the actual aired footage. It would be nice to have a thread just for those videos.

Yes. I wonder if we could have a thread of video evidence that was admitted.
That would be awesome!

I'd like to see both of these as well if someone wants to go a huntin . :D

I would try to do it myself, but I am on a smartphone. Smartphones can't do all the stuff that computers can.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I want to know this too.

And I agree 100% with the rest of your post.

The jury would see them in their entirety. They're direct evidence to the incident and her lies about what occurred. That's why she was so stupid to do these shows in the first place, and her attorneys had to tell her to stop saying anything publically.

Once again, Jodi thought she was the smartest person in any room and that in doing these shows she would be found believable and well liked by the public. I really think that she honestly believed that's what people would think of her in watching these shows.

And of course, Jodi being Jodi, she had to have total control of the situation and couldn't stand the idea of speculation about her or what happened and had to get in the public's face and do her usual cutsey, God-fearing darling routine that she really believes works on everyone. She even couldn't stand anyone speculating about why she smiled in her mugshot and just had to get out to the public the most stupid story about that that just made her more unbelievable. But Jodi being Jodi, she really believes that she's able to snow everyone. I honestly believe that to this day she does not think that those shows were a bad idea or that they only served to make people realize what a nutball she is and guilty as sin. Her only regret about them is that they involved a story she had to eventually admit was a lie. She doesn't realize that they also reveal that she is able to look people dead in the eye and lie out of every orfice and do it on national tv. Unfortunately for her, she also doesn't realizes that she uses the same exact tactics on the stand as she did in those shows, which I think the jury can see only too well. It's only Jodi that seems to be oblivious even now.

Putting her on the stand at all was the worst idea in the world, and I'm sure her counsel begged and pleaded with her not to do it. But again, Jodi being Jodi, there was no way on earth that she was NOT going to get on the stand because she is always and forever steeped in the idea that she can always win people over with her dramatics and will be believed as well as having to always be the person in control of every situation. I think it frustrates her no end to have to admit to herself that she is NOT believed and truly can't understand why even though her dramatics and her lies have failed her over and over throughout her life. What is it that say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? The very definition of insanity. Normal people recognize mistakes, learn from them and correct them. People with whatever behavioral problem she has (narcisistic, sociopathic, psychopathic, etc.) can't or won't.

Does anyone have knowledge or know if 48 HRS pays for the use of photographs, like another case we know so well. And we know she stated she didn't get paid. Inquiring minds would like to know:waitasec:

Sorry to bring up this case again, but in the article about the CA trial, it says this:
"Cindy Anthony admitted in a sworn deposition that she was paid "in connection to the case" but "48 Hours Mystery" stated at the time that it didn't pay for interviews, but that "licensing footage is a standard industry practice."

The article is here:
http://www..org/News/1388/Is_cbs_news_ethical_in_its_casey_anthony_48_hours_mystery_coverage.php

So, I don't think they pay for interviews, but for pictures, or licensing. I would bet she got money!

If this link should not be posted, please remove. Thanks!!

I'm sure I'm not alone in tracking all of Arias' lies "at this point in time" (sorry for that). ;)

So did she ever say she cut her finger on a Margarita glass? Or did she always say she cut it on some metal ledge?

She takes the time to photograph her injury but not file a work comp claim? No. That makes no sense.

I don't think we've heard the last of that finger. Something's fishy with those photos. Anyone else think that?

She says she cut it on metal. It was just a boo boo that healed rather quickly. Why file work comp? She was also vague the first time she told this story so some of us just assumed she was talking about cutting it on a piece of glass. I see no reason disbelieve her here. Besides, this whole thing with the finger is a non-issue. On the stand she admitted that this particular cut had nothing to do with the bandaged injury that Burns saw on June 5th. She said that her right hand got cut again while picking up glass at Travis's home on June 4th and it was implied that this was what Burns saw bandaged. Why Numri even showed those photos to the jury is beyond me, it did nothing to counter JM's contention that it was her left finger that got injured on June 4th.

The jury would see them in their entirety. They're direct evidence to the incident and her lies about what occurred. That's why she was so stupid to do these shows in the first place, and her attorneys had to tell her to stop saying anything publically.

Once again, Jodi thought she was the smartest person in any room and that in doing these shows she would be found believable and well liked by the public. I really think that she honestly believed that's what people would think of her in watching these shows.

And of course, Jodi being Jodi, she had to have total control of the situation and couldn't stand the idea of speculation about her or what happened and had to get in the public's face and do her usual cutsey, God-fearing darling routine that she really believes works on everyone. She even couldn't stand anyone speculating about why she smiled in her mugshot and just had to get out to the public the most stupid story about that that just made her more unbelievable. But Jodi being Jodi, she really believes that she's able to snow everyone. I honestly believe that to this day she does not think that those shows were a bad idea or that they only served to make people realize what a nutball she is and guilty as sin. Her only regret about them is that they involved a story she had to eventually admit was a lie. She doesn't realize that they also reveal that she is able to look people dead in the eye and lie out of every orfice and do it on national tv. Unfortunately for her, she also doesn't realizes that she uses the same exact tactics on the stand as she did in those shows, which I think the jury can see only too well. It's only Jodi that seems to be oblivious even now.

Putting her on the stand at all was the worst idea in the world, and I'm sure her counsel begged and pleaded with her not to do it. But again, Jodi being Jodi, there was no way on earth that she was NOT going to get on the stand because she is always and forever steeped in the idea that she can always win people over with her dramatics and will be believed as well as having to always be the person in control of every situation. I think it frustrates her no end to have to admit to herself that she is NOT believed and truly can't understand why even though her dramatics and her lies have failed her over and over throughout her life. What is it that say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? The very definition of insanity. Normal people recognize mistakes, learn from them and correct them. People with whatever behavioral problem she has (narcisistic, sociopathic, psychopathic, etc.) can't or won't.

Great post...I agree with every word. I think the jury is well aware right now she's been lying straight to their face all along.

And the way she does so, totally at ease, to all of these authority figures: Flores, Martinez, now the JURY is fascinating and indicative of how deep her sociopathy is steeped.

If there was a time to be shaking like a chihuahua it's the moment Flores shows her the pics recovered from the camera.

But not Jodi, she's doing the "jailbird stretch" yoga moves.

Unreal.

I'm pretty sure there was a charge for tire service on her bankstatement.
ETA:

gas.jpg

Oh, look. Even psycho killers like In-n-Out burger.

This is some more of the text message that TA sent JA regarding the unknown event he was so irate about. Sorry I can't do a screen shot, so I'll type what I could read.

Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next ---- I want is this MK that is friends with E that nobody knows but knows details about my life. No one other thing ever. Until you have that information.....

http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/tabularasa6/library/

She says she cut it on metal. It was just a boo boo that healed rather quickly. Why file work comp? She was also vague the first time she told this story so some of us just assumed she was talking about cutting it on a piece of glass. I see no reason disbelieve her here. Besides, this whole thing with the finger is a non-issue. On the stand she admitted that this particular cut had nothing to do with the bandaged injury that Burns saw on June 5th. She said that her right hand got cut again while picking up glass at Travis's home on June 4th and it was implied that this was what Burns saw bandaged. Why Numri even showed those photos to the jury is beyond me, it did nothing to counter JM's contention that it was her left finger that got injured on June 4th.

Thank you! and excellent points!

I was awake during the night (asthma coughing) and thought a lot about the gas cans. JM seems to place a lot of emphasis on the three gas cans, particularly the one that Jodi bought at Walmart, said that she returned it, but we now know that she didn't.

Jodi mentioned having tossed the rope into a dumpster. I'm wondering if she might have also tossed bloody clothes, shoes, the gun and/or the knife, the gas can that she purchased, and possibly any other incriminating evidence that could be linked to her into a dumpster and set it on fire. People start fires in dumpsters frequently, sometimes by accident, i.e. hot coals from a grill that are still smoldering. If not in a dumpster, I think it's possible that Jodi set the gas can and other evidence on fire so that it could not be traced to her. :moo:

I saw reported this morning on HLN a comment that after this trial, they think more states will go to juries asking questions. Thoughts? I personally LOVE IT.

I may be late to this discussion but I'm curious about the PRiceline/Sacramento airport charges. Or was that the car rental???

Is it possible that is is a gas purchase? I know that there is a gas station RIGHT on airport property. I have always found it a strange location given all airports I have flown in and out of (a lot). Or parking garage, which may be the most likely.

This was originally posted by Mormon Attorney, who provided some excellent insights into the mind of JA. If you have a chance, go search the last thread for Mormon Atty's posts.

Honestly, I was amazed at how he knew exactly what to do with this personality. It is something I have learned as a "therapeutic parent" and was literally delighted that he understood how he needed to handle her. Here are some examples:

1. Non-sense lying is for control. JA has no respect for anyone but herself. She is smarter than anyone. To keep control, she lies even when it does not benefit her. Not only that, but it is a "test" to see if those interacting with her are smart enough to catch it. If they don't catch her, she sees them as worthless and stupid. If they do catch her and hold her accountable, they gain her respect (even though she still feels brighter). JM showed her right at the outset that he could catch her on EVERY SINGLE lie and that he could prove it. He gained her respect - that's why she looked like she enjoyed it. She finally met a worthy opponent, not just another person who feel for her stuff. Without talking bad about Nurmi, he has obviously fallen for her stuff and has not taken her to task. She does not respect him. If you notice, she tests him all the time by controlling their direct and he lets her do it. Even when he tries to give her answers, she won't always take them. Control, even when it doesn't help her. Nurmi has failed her test. Honestly, I believe she has felt "safer" with JM because he earned her respect, as opposed to Nurmi who has not earned her respect and does not have leadership with her. It literally must be scary for someone like her to be in Nurmi's hands when he has failed her tests. (And, just to clarify, as her own attorney, he did not catch the gas can stuff, he failed to see the margins of the magazines - she has gotten the best of him many times on things he could have helped her on but she didn't trust him).

2. Authority. Once JM establishes control - which is essential - he must keep it. Notice that he constantly says to her, "Mam, did I ask you if you....." when she adds to questions. He is jerking the choke chain, letting her know he is still in control and she is out of line. She bulks back at him a few times, but eventually she does submit.

3. Follow through. JM also taught her from the outset that he will never bluff. Lots of attorneys bluff or hint at evidence that may or may not come in. But, every single time she has lied and he has caught her, he has followed it through ALL THE WAY until the bitter end. In every case, she has not gotten out of it without having to face that she was caught. While this irritated some people, especially when the point was useless, it was essential with her personality that he prove his worthiness to her. One of the reasons he was able to crack her was that she now is somewhat afraid of playing the same antics (not that she won't) because she knows he will prove whatever he brings up. As a result, she is giving up much sooner than in the beginning. Notice that in the interviews with Detective Flores, even when he had actual pictures, she would say "That looks like me. How can that be?" Even photo proof didn't stop the lies. Now, JM has shown her that he will prove each and every detail and it takes the fun out of trying to lie and control him.

4. He never got flustered. As a parent, this is one thing we learn right away. To have calm control. The moment we get angry or hostile or snooty, the child has "won" in their war of control. If they can control your emotions, often that is what makes them feel powerful - it often has nothing to do with the actual outcome of events. Controlling you and your emotions is sufficient to make them feel safe and in charge (also unteachable). By remaining calm, even though animated and sometimes aggressive, he never gave her the feeling of control. Even when he had to follow endless stupid rabbit trails that outsiders thought made him look like a fool, he maintained composure and saw it to the bitter end. That is critical.

In sum, I have honestly wondered who trained him and how he had the faith to do that right. It is very hard and I am sure he had to feel stupid chasing those leads all the way to the end. But, he taught her to respect him. He taught her that he had control. And, every time she is out of line, he jerks her chain again and she often submits. I think it has been brilliant and I am just glad the jury could see it.

Just want to say - as a therapeutic parent - I often have to handle lying and violence with the same calm and be willing to calmly go through lies until we get to the truth. BUT, as parents, we are also therapeutic and giving love because our goal is to change the outcome. So, I don't want anyone to read this and think that we, as parents, need to "jerk our child's chain" as JM has done with JA. He is obviously not trying to therapeutically parent -grin! He is going for pure control and I am amazed at how well he has done it.

I showed the last pic of Travis sitting in the shower to someone yesterday who knew nothing about this case and she gasped and said "he's terrified...did she have a gun on him here?". Thought that was interesting from someone who just barely had heard the basics of the case.

I saw the photo when I knew next to nothing about this case and I felt the same way. It's not really a stretch of imagination to believe that he was terrified when that photo was taken. That was literally moments before he was stabbed or shot. She wanted to capture his fear. She wanted him to be afraid and suffer. Just killing him wasn't enough. There was no reason to take photos before his death and use a knife unless it was to torment him. I can't wait till this creature is convicted and sentenced to die.

:furious:

Sorry to bring up this case again, but in the article about the CA trial, it says this:
"Cindy Anthony admitted in a sworn deposition that she was paid "in connection to the case" but "48 Hours Mystery" stated at the time that it didn't pay for interviews, but that "licensing footage is a standard industry practice."

The article is here:
http://www..org/News/1388/Is_cbs_news_ethical_in_its_casey_anthony_48_hours_mystery_coverage.php

So, I don't think they pay for interviews, but for pictures, or licensing. I would bet she got money!

If this link should not be posted, please remove. Thanks!!
Yeah it is kinda like saying we are really really professional and do not pay for interviews..but WAIT we can license photos for money and wink wink pay you under the TABLE.

one of the jurors asked her if she was paid for 48 hrs. and JA said no....and we all know that JA always tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

And we all know from experience in the Florida case how they mess up and confuse with who gets payments for what!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Great post...I agree with every word. I think the jury is well aware right now she's been lying straight to their face all along.

And the way she does so, totally at ease, to all of these authority figures: Flores, Martinez, now the JURY is fascinating and indicative of how deep her sociopathy is steeped.

If there was a time to be shaking like a chihuahua it's the moment Flores shows her the pics recovered from the camera.

But not Jodi, she's doing the "jailbird stretch" yoga moves.

Unreal.

Yes. The only time I have seen her uncool is when she was getting hammered by Juan asking if she was crying when she shot him or stabbed him or slit his throat?

And the third gas can. Up to that point she really felt she was controlling the show. Juan showing her the gas can cc statement evidence unnerved her. It was obvious and she was still lying. She did not return it and she bought 5 gallons of gas and Juan can prove it.
I think his rebuttal case is going to be closing her lies and proving her deception.

She really thought she was going to control this and convince them that she the one that was attacked.

I was awake during the night (asthma coughing) and thought a lot about the gas cans. JM seems to place a lot of emphasis on the three gas cans, particularly the one that Jodi bought at Walmart, said that she returned it, but we now know that she didn't.

Jodi mentioned having tossed the rope into a dumpster. I'm wondering if she might have also tossed bloody clothes, shoes, the gun and/or the knife, the gas can that she purchased, and possibly any other incriminating evidence that could be linked to her into a dumpster and set it on fire. People start fires in dumpsters frequently, sometimes by accident, i.e. hot coals from a grill that are still smoldering. If not in a dumpster, I think it's possible that Jodi set the gas can and other evidence on fire so that it could not be traced to her. :moo:

We don't know for sure yet. Juan must call a Walmart rep in rebuttal to testify to this. Otherwise, it will remain a question of "if". I'm going to be very PO'd if he was bluffing about Walmart having no record of a return for a gas can on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966