Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: And Atlantic time zone (for us maritimers in Canada,hehe)@ 2:30...

Huffington Post and Riverside police department will clear Travis' name. They posted the mugshot connected with the crime and it is clearly not Travis.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/12/travis-alexander-arrest-record_n_2861418.html

Thank you so much for the link!

Let all those people trying to say disparging things about Travis, put that in their pipe and smoke it!

BTW, this was 10 years ago and Travis' brother has cleaned up and reformed. This was at a bad time in his life and Travis forgave him. I hope LE takes that into consideration when they look into this.

JMHO
fran

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/12/travis-alexander-arrest-record_n_2861418.html

The outcome could affect the public image of Travis Alexander. Arias' defense team throughout the trial has tried to portray him as an abusive boyfriend. If Riverside police determine his brother was arrested in the theft case, it could restore Travis Alexander's reputation as a man without a violent past.

Am sure they could do a comparison, but taped to taped may not be as accurate, don't know. Family may have not had the opportunity to voice an opinion on the recording. For all we know Juan has something up his sleeve concerning the sex tape. Another Bombshell for Jodi!

ETA: on the slurring that I hear in parts of the tape, I would NOT think a phone recording would do this. It sounds like something you would have heard on the old tape recorders in playback mode, not the newer digital ones, the ones waaaaay before those. I studied classical piano and used an old recorder to tape my playing so I could critique playback, but it made me nuts because of the inconsistent speed/slurring on playback. Bet that sex tape was made by someone Jodi though sounded like Tra:blushing:vis and done on an old recorder then recorded onto her phone!!!!!

I had read on another forum that the defense wanted to use parts of the sex rape. The family would not allow it to be altered in any way for context purposes, so it had to be aired in it's entirety.

....and regarding the slurred speech of Travis , I assumed it may have been made when he was drunk. I mean it was really hard to understand and very disjointed, as you would when you have had too much to drink. I do not think Travis knew it was being taped as Jodie seemed to be directing the conversation when there was silence on his parts. I am an alcoholic, and hate to say it but I have heard those kinds of "drunk disjointed" conversations, made a few myself, except for the sex talk.:blushing:

In Arizona only one party has to give permission for a phone tape to be played.

:seeya: And Atlantic time zone (for us maritimers in Canada,hehe)@ 2:30...

If someone gives me the correct times for around the globe, I will add to my post. I'm just not familiar enough with other time zones to feel comfortable posting them all by myself.

I think she already fancies herself as the spokes person for her jail buddies. She is the one who stood up to the big bad prosecutor. I am sure she went back to her cell every night declaring herself the hero of the the court and recanted all the smart alec things she said to the Prosecutor. How she told him off and caught him in all his questions. jmo

i was :floorlaugh: when during question from jm ja corrected jm by saying you asked a compound question. i wished jm could have said the stab, slice throat and shooting wounds to travis were compound would you agree ma'am. :moo:

10:30 AM Pacific
10:30 AM AZ time
11:30 AM Mountain
12:30 PM Central
1:30 PM Eastern
2:30 PM Atlantic
Is that correct?

Huh? The United States has three time zones or am I that out of touch that more were added?

Ohhhh Canada! Sorry!

I've been a little skeptical about that picture as well, but I don't know the Northern California area at all, so I hesitated to weigh in. And it would have to be Wine Country right? It looks like Italy to me.

Jodi wishes she could have been this great of a photographer. She was an amateur with a fancy camera.

I seriously doubt female sociopaths are rare. I know what you meant here: It's rare that they are so fully exposed.

I suspect female sociopaths fly under the radar more. Perhaps it has to do with the different strategies women use, ability to engage proxies more, or generally better talent at manipulation that doesn't often come out in overt violent or antisocial acts.

It's not that women sociopaths are rare, but, pure speculation here, women make more effective sociopaths and better escape detection.

Societal expectations play into it. I'm chronically annoyed by the assumptions of programs like ID's "Snapped". They do portray women who "snap" but some of the "snappers" are female serial poisoners that kill a string of husbands for insurance money. That's a weird idea of "snapping".

The other side of the coin of sexism is to put women, as a whole, on a pedestal, which often treats women are less than complete human beings, without agency and often as mental and moral children. You make excuses for children you never would for adults and that seems to be what's happening even here in this case when talking heads continue to women what it is Travis Alexander did to set her off, as if he's the only one with agency (and in a sense, responsibility) in the relationship.

I get a sense of that with the insistance that Travis Alexander was "using her for sex" or "thinking with his little head".

You know what Travis Alexander was? He was a nice, somewhat pudgy, sexually inexperienced guy who met a predator in a pretty shell, who he first thought was just the nicest girl in the world and that first impression persisted long after someone with the omniscience of hindsight would tell him to run like his life depended on it. The only thing I would fault him for was being basically a pitchman for a Multi-Level Marketing scheme. He was the guy who convinced you to sell for AmWay and was a "motivational speaker" in the same way Arias is described as a "photographer" rather than what she was, which was a waitress.

But that's the point: The preferred narrative trumps reality. Seriously, if I hear some talking head call Arias a photographer, like she ever got paid for it from someone who wasn't a friend or family, I will scream.

The Jodi Arias act is no different than Ted Bundy with a cast on his arm. Which sounds cunning and clumsy when Bundy did it, but it's own own societal attitudes and expectations that let Arias get away with her "poor little helpless me" predatory act.

It's as if we peer too hard at it, the whole apple pie facade will come apart.

Maybe we need a t-shirt made that reads "Women: Just as Evil as Men, Only in Nicer Pastel Colors".

Great post, I have in fact met more manipulative, if not downright sociopathic, women than men. Some interesting studies have been done on the evil that people do to one another, especially under the guise of authority. Your posts are always well phrased and thought out. Wish I was as erudite.

I had read on another forum that the defense wanted to use parts of the sex rape. The family would not allow it to be altered in any way for context purposes, so it had to be aired in it's entirety.

....and regarding the slurred speech of Travis , I assumed it may have been made when he was drunk. I mean it was really hard to understand and very disjointed, as you would when you have had too much to drink. I do not think Travis knew it was being taped as Jodie seemed to be directing the conversation when there was silence on his parts. I am an alcoholic, and hate to say it but I have heard those kinds of "drunk disjointed" conversations, made a few myself, except for the sex talk.:blushing:

We don't really know if the defense planned on only using part of the tape. There was a long closed hearing before they played it, so that's what the assumption is.

My understanding is that Travis was extremely tired and said so on the tape. He did fall asleep at least once. There's nothing wrong with drinking (even to excess :floorlaugh:) except that Mormons aren't supposed to drink. It's practically the only thing Jodi hasn't accused him of.

Great. Juan was bluffing then. :banghead:

No bluff. You can pretty well guarantee his investigator had already gleaned this verbal information, and probably even a fax copy, from Walmart and the gas bar first. They are simply following up by requesting the official paperwork, IMO.

LMAO!!!! :floorlaugh:

That's what I thought! She/they are stealing images and selling them as her work. What more would we expect from a killer?

Where did that image of China come from in relation to Jodi, is it on one of her sites or something I can't see it? If they are flogging other peoples work I want to dob them in to the artist!

As far as I have heard, Travis did not drink. I think that he was just very tired.

We would have suggested Graphic Design or Illustration, but the thing is it's an extremely tough industry, they all are. Out of a graduating class of say 30 only a few will be able to launch / maintain a career, if that. She's 30, and really if she was that keen on it she would have studied, she didn't. People who do commercial photography do a long difficult course and when they start in the industry they work as photography assistants before they even get a look in. I know it's harsh, but that's just the way it is. She hadn't even started doing the hard yards it takes to call herself an 'artist'.

Not to forget to mention she also had dreams of her "art" hanging in a gallery between a "Monet" and a "Van Gogh" Fore Realz ?....hahahhahahahahahahaha

Jodi wishes she could have been this great of a photographer. She was an amateur with a fancy camera.

Well, if you look at my avatar you will see a really nice picture of a rose. I actually grew the rose and took the picture. From this you could deduce that I'm a great gardener and a great photographer, and I'm neither. All the stars aligned that day, is all I can say. COULD Jodi have taken the photo? Sure. DID she? It seems unlikely to me. I think knowing the location might answer the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487