Interviews Lisa's Parents Good Morning America, Fox, The Today Show 10/17/2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is in dispute, in my opinion, is whether drinking this with a neighbor woman makes her an unfit mother.

So then you have to go back to how much exactly IS this?

I certainly did that occasionally when I had little kids. A couple girlfriends would come over for the evening if my husband was out of town, with their kids, and we'd fix snacks and the kids would play and we'd drink wine.

I don't think 5 glasses, over 3 hours, is extreme or unfit.

Deborah said she was drunk. I call bull hockey on 5 glasses of wine.
Drinking until one gets a buzz is leaning towards being unfit mothering, imo.
Happens all the time --right?:banghead:

Children need to be taken care of, watched over and protected.

D showed what can happen when a mom gets drunk.

She needs to tell what happened to this precious baby.
Instead she may be singing the alcohol overdrinkers poor me anthem. :furious:

imo

imo

How does THAT conversation go, I wonder.

"Hey, Sissy. Man, was I bombed last night. Can you tell me what happened prior to an intruder coming into my home and stealing my daughter? Oh, I turned off the lights? Whew! I was starting to wonder." :waitasec:

:banghead:

And remember, LB said she has not talked to the neighbor to compare notes. Unbelievable.

Smoke and mirrors... DB took this box of wine as an opportunity to begin to create her own defense. IF she is involved, then she KNOWS what happened. the wine is the perfect thing to a manslaughter charge vs murder charge. 1 glass 2 glasses how much alcohol percentage, it doesn't matter... It's how she's using this wine in setting up a defense. JMOO

And this is IF she's guilty... I'm still on the fence about DB

JMOO

:furious: I have a question for Deb...what kind of mother cares more about her "grown up time" (drinking) than about her baby daughter???:pullhair:

MOO JMO
(p.s. Im REALLY trying not to call her names!)

:seeya:welcome and I agree with you.

I believe she was drunk and I believe she remembers what happened that night. I don't believe the black out. I believe the possible black out story is her excuse to claim she doesn't remember; it also makes it easier for some to swallow that an intruder brazenly took the baby without her hearing or seeing a darn thing. Spin.

The reason I believe she was drunk is that she was animated (imo, in the surveillance video) and buying a big ole box of wine late in the afternoon. She is always trying to get in front of things so she can spin. The excessive drinking admission and the failing the poly admission are both likely true, imo. She had reason to believe they would be leaked (there is at least one witness in each incident) so she spun her version first. Nothing else much she has said thus far can be trusted, imo...

JMO...

I noticed her demeanor in that video, too. I got the feeling she anticipated 'being caught on tape', though. As if she went there specifically FOR that reason. The wine and baby wipes were simply part of that plan (for lack of a better word).

What side did this neighbor live on? Or does she live across the street?
I sure would like to know which house the neighbor lived in... was it with the teen who gave DNA? Was it across the street where Jersey stayed? Was it beside DB where the other dog didn't bark either + has a fenced in area (for dog) which is very close to the window with the bent screen + (*&^$^ cobweb?

BAGS of evidence?!!

MOO - I will NEVER understand how ANYONE can withhold, lie or stay silent when there is a BABY'S LIFE at stake! I don't care if I was having a par-tay with a table full of coke, LSD, shrooms + heroin all washed down with whiskey + Absinthe, while the neighbors danced naked in the living room to Black Sabbath - I'd run right out there + tell LE, ok lock me up because I did these things, but while I'm in there, FIND MY BABY!!!!!!!! I wouldn't give one squirt what any of the public thought, or what those nosey buggers on WS had to say, judge me for, or how the media spun it. The ONLY thing I'd worry about would be, where is my baby? If DB says "her" one more time, I'm going to do serious damage to my tv screen via flying objects. "her" name is LISA. There. Whew. I'm a bit on the cranky side over this, sorry. :rant:

wait, what? 3 per bottle would mean you're using regular water cups. Most people drink it from a wine glass and get 5-6 glasses per bottle.

:twocents:

Our wine glasses hold 11 1/4 oz., so when filled to about 1 1/2" below the top (a little over half way filled) we get exactly that, about 5-6 glasses per bottle.

Me three. What 2 hours are they referring to?

Me four I picked up him saying LE was implying he could have done something the TWO HOURS after he was home. I thought their story was he got home at 4 and called 911 on his work cell at 4:06 so WHAT @ HOURS?????

If you are questioning that this can happen (I think you asked the question on a previous page ..) .. It can. I have a friend who frequently can't pay her cell phone bill and her phone company will allow only incoming calls .. so it must depend on the carrier.

True. I am a procrastinator. If i send my bills out late, then on my cell only, not the other 3 in our family plan, I cannot make outgoing calls. I get directed to the payment division.

-----from interview..

Megyn: some folks are going to have an issue with you having more than 5 drinks----
Deborah: ( annoyed ) oh, I’m sure they are.
Megyn: while you’re looking after a little baby and 2 little boys.
Deborah: ( rolls eyes ) she was sleeping. I don’t see the problem with me having my grown-up time.

Megyn: Jeremy, what’s your reaction to hearing this back and forth about Deborah drinking and being drunk and blacking out and not remembering everything that happened the night lisa disappeared?
Jeremy: I don’t really have much of a reaction I mean regardless of what, how much she was drinking or if she was drunk or if she supposedly blacked out or whatever, it doesn’t change who you are or what you do.----(seriously??)

This is so, so, so different from how I first perceived this couple. I cannot fathom not having regret that you imbided in alcohol and your baby went missing. I don't get that?

Salem

My first post here.

im from the UK but been following lisa's story from the start.im all for innocent before proven guilty but from what i've been reading on here,it doesn't look good for DB.i've got a 2 1/2 yr old and a baby a few weeks older than lisa and i know for sure i wouldn't be getting drunk enough to pass out when they are here and i'm the sole caregiver.
im praying for a miracle like everyone else is that lisa is safe and being cared for but i've got a horrible feeling in my gut that this isn't the case.

can someone explain what a grand jury is and what is it they do? we don't have this in the uk so not sure what they are called for etc?

are there any links for the FOX interview?

sorry in advance if they have already been posted but i'm pages behind.

lisa will be in my prayers tonight :praying:

My first post here.

im from the UK but been following lisa's story from the start.im all for innocent before proven guilty but from what i've been reading on here,it doesn't look good for DB.i've got a 2 1/2 yr old and a baby a few weeks older than lisa and i know for sure i wouldn't be getting drunk enough to pass out when they are here and i'm the sole caregiver.
im praying for a miracle like everyone else is that lisa is safe and being cared for but i've got a horrible feeling in my gut that this isn't the case.

can someone explain what a grand jury is and what is it they do? we don't have this in the uk so not sure what they are called for etc?

:fireworks::welcome:

I am so on the fence about this whole situation, but my gut is telling me that she did not have anything to do with this. I think she has made some HUGE mistakes, and by far is not perfect, maybe not even a good mother, but I just don't think she is responsible for this. I know her stories are changing, and she was drunk, which may be adding to her confusion, but she is truly upset and not faking it. I think she feels terribly guilty that she was drinking and maybe could have heard something had she not been drinking. The story,(stories) definitely do not add up, but I think they are setting there sights on her too much.

I totally agree with you!

My first post here.

Welcome to Websleuths! Glad to hear that you wouldn't think of it!

I've only started posting on these threads today, with the new revelations. I thought that baby Lisa would have been found safe and sound last week, but now I'm not so sure at all. :(

Respectfully, I don't see how I can conclude she is an alcoholic? She admits to being drunk the night Lisa disappeared and to drinking a couple to a few times a week but alcoholism is much different than being drunk or having drinks a few times a week.

So I'm not sure I can conclude that Jeremy is co-dependent.

Alcoholism and drinking are two very different things. I haven't seen anything yet that tells me she is an alcoholic. She may very well be, I don't know. But I have to wait and see if there are any other factors that point to that.

JMHO.

Kat, I am not allowed to post some of it here, but there is predisposition to alcoholism. But beyond that, I am speaking from experience. Mom shows classic signs of alcoholism in her interviews... narcissism, denial, blaming others, defiant, defensive, idealistic, low tolerance to frustration, etc. You can do a google search to learn more about it.

Also there are many types of alcoholics. She is obviously highly functioning and I believe she is has been a good mother, but also I believe she is on the edge of the downward spiral. Some people can hold that status of "highly functioning" for a long time even, 10 or 20 years, (i.e. until their children become adults) before they totally become undone.

Did I say "I believe" enough times to make everybody aware that this is my opinion?

I sure would like to know which house the neighbor lived in... was it with the teen who gave DNA? Was it across the street where Jersey stayed? Was it beside DB where the other dog didn't bark either + has a fenced in area (for dog) which is very close to the window with the bent screen + (*&^$^ cobweb?

BAGS of evidence?!!

MOO - I will NEVER understand how ANYONE can withhold, lie or stay silent when there is a BABY'S LIFE at stake! I don't care if I was having a par-tay with a table full of coke, LSD, shrooms + heroin all washed down with whiskey + Absinthe, while the neighbors danced naked in the living room to Black Sabbath - I'd run right out there + tell LE, ok lock me up because I did these things, but while I'm in there, FIND MY BABY!!!!!!!! I wouldn't give one squirt what any of the public thought, or what those nosey buggers on WS had to say, judge me for, or how the media spun it. The ONLY thing I'd worry about would be, where is my baby? If DB says "her" one more time, I'm going to do serious damage to my tv screen via flying objects. "her" name is LISA. There. Whew. I'm a bit on the cranky side over this, sorry. :rant:

This is what makes her look guilty. Exactly. If your child was really abducted you would spill it if you were innocent. You'd also be down at the police station begging for a hypnotist or anyone at all that could help you try to remember what clues you could for that night.

Ok you were a stay at home mom who tried to party all night and have some fun. We get it, no one can blame you for that.

But this sort of shying away from the truth because you might come out looking bad only speaks to one thing: that is you did something you regret and you are afraid you are going to jail.

In this case it seems obvious she's trying to hang on to the kids she has left.

I don't see how in the world she could omit this information. It is VITAL and if someone did abduct her daughter, the fact that she could have potentially blacked out is huge.

If she was sleeping with her son who is older, it makes sense that she may have forgotten she was sleeping with Lisa, thinking it was her son who would have been able to react if she smothered him. Seems to me she took the kitten, Lisa and her son in the bed and forgot about Lisa and smothered her to death. So dead that she knew that she was a gonner.

But at the same time, where is the baby? There's no way she could have concealed the baby in that condition without being seen or leaving a clue. This then leads to her husband's involvement.

Sad sad sad. Stop wasting everyone's time and tell the truth.

I noticed her demeanor in that video, too. I got the feeling she anticipated 'being caught on tape', though. As if she went there specifically FOR that reason. The wine and baby wipes were simply part of that plan (for lack of a better word).

So are you thinking something may have already happened to Baby Lisa when BD was seen on survelience buying wipes and wine?

WHOA! I'm multi-tasking. The family has hired Joe Tacopina. Can we all say Melanie McGuire. ???????????? I don't know what else to say about this baby. Joe Tacopina got Melanie off. :maddening:

Let me add. I was watching the Presser on HLN or CNN?

I'm not totally convinced she was drunk either. I think it's just a cover up as to the inconsistencies of her stories.

If they are truly innocent, I do not understand why they are out there saying all this stuff. It looks so SO bad and is giving LE even more ammo. On the flip side, if they are innocent and do no talking (like the Defense attorney on FOX suggested), then people say they are guilty because they are not talking.

I don't even know anymore. Something is definitely hinky. I'm not sure the mother killed her....I don't know the reason either of the parents would kill her? What's the motive? Again, like other cases, if it's accidental, why not call 911? Most parents want to believe their child will live again if an accident happened. Sorry to be blunt, but I don't think these 2 are intelligent enough to pull off an intricately planned murder. Why Lisa and not the other boys?

If mom has something to do with it, the only thing I could fathom is that she wanted to move on from Jeremy and Lisa was the only thing connecting them. But even then, the talk of marriage and the fact that she already has a child from a previous relationship...why get rid of Lisa?

This case has me perplexed. I feel it's about a 1% change to be an actual abduction, but I can't work out another plausible theory in my head. Then again, most people who kill their kids don't fit into a plausible theory. :(

OK, I have to say the #1 thing that concerns me is how much her story changed. Lots of people drink socially when their kids are in bed...I don't personally do that, but I'm not sure you can condemn her just for that. The problem is that she lied. Her baby was missing and she LIED. That is inexcusable. She was more interested in saving herself than giving the police all the information so they could find her baby. this is definitely making me think about getting off the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18