INTL - Alessia & Livia Schepp (twins), 6, 30 Jan 2011 - Italy, Switzerland and France

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No. I seriously doubt he could leave his daughters with any Church institution and have it remain secret.

My thought in asking is that he got some kind of church memorial service. I hope it was not a Catholic funeral mass. A few years ago a father killed his family before committing suicide and there was a bit of a stir over him getting a funeral since he was an unrepentant murderer.
I see what you mean Fukiyama, and even though it's not 100% confirmed the girls are dead, there is no doubt he did commit suicide, and that alone is considered a mortal sin. However, I believe the Catholic Church is no longer as strict, and mental illness, psychological breakdown and such are now taken into consideration.

From the pictures of MS's funeral mass (link below), it doesn't look it is a Catholic Church; there is a sign that reads: "Reformierte Kirche Oberwill" so it's a Reformed Church.

Pictures 13 to 24 : http://www.20min.ch/ro/news/dossier/jumelles/story/Alessia-et-Livia-recherch-es-aux-Grisons-15208884

189061_175898355790226_169083213138407_364456_4882068_n.jpg

185621_175898549123540_169083213138407_364457_3363757_n.jpg

courtesy of Missing Alessia & Livia Facebook photo album : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=169356839777711&id=169083213138407&aid=33959

Thanks for the article with pictures, Hazel, it is just so depressing to see them, and to think of those girls lives as gone. :(

Thanks for the article with pictures, Hazel, it is just so depressing to see them, and to think of those girls lives as gone. :(
Oh Wondergirl, did you make up your mind already? :(

I still have a bit of hope left, though as days go by, I believe they are no longer with us :cry: .... who in their right mind will be keeping them?

Oh Wondergirl, did you make up your mind already? :(

I still have a bit of hope left, though as days go by, I believe they are no longer with us :cry: .... who in their right mind will be keeping them?

I guess I have made up my mind, Hazel.

I would love to hold onto the hope, but, from the evidence known so far, it seems to indicate that Matthias Schepp selfishly took those girls away from their mother, and put them where nobody could have them. :(

New important developments

I haven't watched today's CHI L'HA VISTO? (not available online till tomorrow). Thankfully, people in Italy who have watched the program on TV have been posting updates in the FB page, and one kind person has translated to English. Will post here the 2 topics that to me seem very important!! It's not the first time I see CANADA been mentioned in the FB group. Will watch the program myself tomorrow, and will add to this information if only to clarify the info:
3) On the 17th of January MS had searched on the internet the route from Losanna to Cerignola.​

4) This is a bit complicated, I will try and explain what I’ve gathered so far. The owner of a bar in Sanremo (on the Italian coast, near the border between Italy and Switzerland) has said that, a couple of weeks ago, two men were in her bar when the disappearance of Alessia and Livia came up on TV. The men spoke with a Southern accent and talked between themselves about the fact that Matthias Shepp had met ‘The Professor’ near Cerignola to get fake documents for the girls, and also for a man and a woman. The two men also said that, because of the different height of the twins, in the fake documents, one girl would have been one year older than the other (and not twins anymore). They mentioned the Caribbean Islands and Canada as possible destinations of a journey, and they said they were surprised MS had killed himself.​
P.S.: I'm taking the liberty to post directly from FB, since these are snips from a TV program, and last week TexasMist authorized this kind of info to be posted.

From the English Discussion thread on the Missing FB Group for the twins.

I wonder about the "Delete Facebook" note......I still haven't really eliminated the missing Woman Katia Iritano from this case.

Missing Woman Katia Iritano was possibly on her way to a job interview the morning she went missing.

Is it possible that it was a baby sitting job for Matthias Schepp?

Irina found a post-it in Matthias`s house with the writing "delete facebook".

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=169083213138407&topic=228

Thanks Hazel. Maybe there is hope after all? Two men in some bar? I really don't know what to think about those kinda stories, but I hope to hear a lot more about it. Then were the girls on the ferry or not? Even that is now disputed. And what is up with that money that he sent? Is that part of the fake trail he was leaving? Send your ATM card and pin code (separately), that is a lot easier than sending cash in multiple shipments. So many questions, and it is not getting much clearer :(

Which parts of Canada have been mentioned or just Canada in general?

Which parts of Canada have been mentioned or just Canada in general?

This is a good question, and I must say, fwiw, that when I have been looking for English News Articles (few and far between), the Canadian articles have often been published in Western Canada.

I wondered if there was a correlation there to where he had been born, but, there probably is not. With syndication etc., who knows?

Has it ever been determined where his twin brother is?

This is a good question, and I must say, fwiw, that when I have been looking for English News Articles (few and far between), the Canadian articles have often been published in Western Canada.
I wondered if there was a correlation there to where he had been born, but, there probably is not. With syndication etc., who knows?

Has it ever been determined where his twin brother is?

BBM
I wonder what his current ties to TORONTO are?
This would also focus on EASTERN Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2011/02/05/missing-twins-italy-canadian-men.html

BBM
I wonder what his current ties to TORONTO are?
This would also focus on EASTERN Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2011/02/05/missing-twins-italy-canadian-men.html
There has been some speculation on FB, and I have no idea how is it they made the connection to a specific Canadian city, so I'll rather not repeat it here since I haven't seen anything that convinces me one way or the other. Will just say they got the name of his brother-in-law from his Obituary.
They posted a link that I cannot open; for some reason I can no longer view pdf files, so perhaps the answer is there, I really don't know how they arrived to the conclusion that the BIL worked in that city.

I just watched online, yesterday's Chi L'ha Visto? episode. The woman relating the conversation she overheard between those two men that were sitting behind her, said they mentioned a "visa", Canada and the French Antilles (Caribbean). She sounds very sure of what she is telling, her story sounds very credible. Hopefully those men were not just speculating themselves of what they thought could have happened, and most importantly lets hope that they come forward and help figure out the girls whereabouts.

That conversation between those two men would have taken place two days before Irina's comment was aired, which gives more credibility to her story.

In that interview Irina was asked if the girls had their own passports or if they were on Matthias passport, to which Irina answers that he made fotocopies of their ID's and passport(s). When answering, she doesn't specify which ID documents (I am assuming Birth Certificates?) and she doesn't specify if they each have their own passport or if they were on her passport, though by her answer it seems to me they were not on Matthias passport.

It is not clear if they traveled to the Caribbean in December with their own passports, then Matthias returned those to Irina (this to me would be the logical explanation, but that is JMO) - or if somehow he only needed the fotocopies? People have been asking these questions on FB, last time I read there was no answer to this question neither.

Going back to that interview, Irina mentions that those fotocopies that Matthias made are nowhere to be found. Italian LE said those were not found on Matthias himself, nor in the Audi, and Irina could not find those fotocopies at this home neither, so that is another mystery...were are those fotocopies?

Here is the link to the latest Chi l'ha Visto? program --- first hour and 20 minutes is dedicated to other cases --- Alessia and Livia disappearance starts on the 01:21:30 mark:

---- Wednesday, March 2, 2011 : http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-a0c4d2a6-64db-4470-9029-2208a22c99ea.html#p=0

I made a few notes:
- A photographic camera was found at Matthias house, on his desk. It contained the last pictures of his last happy holidays with the twins.
- Irina didn't want to look at the pictures, she said it would be too painful for her.
- There are a total of 115 photos, first pics are dated Dec. 2nd, shows fresh snowfall and twins playing at Matthias home with another little girl.
- Then a pic of Irina with the girls, they spent the following 9 days with Irina at her appartment.
- What follows are all pictures of the 3-week trip to the Caribbean. Pictures are dated from Dec. 11 to the 19th, starting with a pic of the Airport at St. Marten Island.
- Then pics of the hotel, hotel room, girls opening a gift each : a camera for each of them. - Next pictures are outdoors: shows girls trying their new gift (girls taking pictures).
- Then pictures of various animals at what looks like a small zoo, probably part of the hotel. (Strangely enough, there is one picture of a bunny, which reminds of the postcard that Matthias sent from Marseille prior to getting on the ferry to Corsica).

- There is one picture of Matthias himself that seems the girls took of him.
- Next pictures are inside the sailboat: they spent those days with friends (a couple that has a small boy).
- One of the last pictures shows a Restaurant called "Bitter End".
- Then they leave the friends on the sailboat and went to spend the last week in another island by themselves. There are no pictures of that last week.

Maybe there is hope after all? Two men in some bar? I really don't know what to think about those kinda stories, but I hope to hear a lot more about it.

Well, if he was really trying to get fake documents, it's unlikely he could find nice, normal people who would give them to him.

Missing Twins : Police looking for witnesses in Montélimar, Drome

The Marseille police hope to relaunch their investigation into the disappearance of 6-year-old Swiss twins, Alessia and Livia, whose whereabouts remain unknown since January 30, launching a new appeal for witnesses.

"Investigations conducted in France seem to indicate the presence of Matthias Schepp on the evening of January 30, 2011 and early morning of Monday, January 31, in an area that may be in the region of Montelimar in the department of Drome," said the Marseille police. "It is certain that during the evening of January 30 to 31, he stopped to rest and / or stayed in a hotel in that department", adds the PJ who is calling for any potential witnesses to contact police at 08.05.01.07.07.

"Investigators have found evidence suggesting that the father exited from the A7 highway at Montelimar and he continued on this same highway the next morning," said a source close to the investigation.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=fr|en&u=http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/jumelles-disparues-des-temoins-recherches-a-montelimar-04-03-2011-1343431.php&rurl=translate.google.ca&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhhcsl9ebJ3tDMKxTFPQx-m2oWCXMQ

GPS Microchip was found this morning along the train tracks in the Cerignola railway station, about fifteen meters from the place where Matthias took his own life. The microchip was found underneath a (30 cm high) pile of small rocks.

In the next few hours, investigators will be sending the microchip to the USA, where the headquarters of that Garmin navigation system is located. The hope is 'that the microchip's stored memory has remained intact," so they can do a reconstruction of Schepp's journey from St. Sulpice to Cerignola.

08309a8354b54eeab2a226aa89e25d99.jpg

http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/cronaca/2011/03/05/visualizza_new.html_1559921709.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx
Back