INTL - Alessia & Livia Schepp (twins), 6, 30 Jan 2011 - Italy, Switzerland and France

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
new sighting sparks new hope

Twins seen aboard a black BMW, on highway A8, from Varese to Milano

VARESE - A woman said yesterday to police that in February she noticed the two girls while they were on board a black BMW that was traveling on highway A8 (Varese, Busto Arsizio and Gallarate) bound to Milano.

LE is conducting investigations to verify the credibility of her testimony. It is not the first time that the twins have been reported seen in the province of Varese. On February 13 the two girls were allegedly seen in a shopping center, but that tip did not lead to concrete results.

full article:
http://www.laprovinciadivarese.it/stories/Cronaca/189878_s_ho_visto_le_gemelline_varese_riaccende_la_speranza/

Mother of Missing Twins Focusing on St. Maarten as they Continue Searching for girls.
Friday, 04 March 2011 19:35
Investigators and relatives of the six year old missing twins Alessia and Livia in Italy, Switzerland and France may soon place their focus on St. Maarten and the other Caribbean islands as they believe the twins may be on a boat here.
full article (in English) : http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/6062-mother-of-missing-twins-focusing-on-st-maarten-as-they-continue-searching-for-girls.html

OMG, so much *hopeful* news, thanks for the links, Hazel.

The GPS Chip Find was meant to be. Truly remarkable.

Where are those girls????

Sorry for 2 posts, but, I just cannot believe they found the GPS chip, and it was intact, under some rocks. OMG!!!!

If the girls were dead.. he doesn't really have a reason for going to the trouble of making sure his whereabouts cannot be traced... I'm starting to wonder if they are alive....

It is hard to imagine what goes on in the mind of a man who is about to throw himself in front of a train.....leaving behind his two precious twin girls. I'm saying he left them behind because he went and killed himself AFTER he either gave the girls to someones else to take care of or killed them as well BEFORE he killed himself.

I am questioning why a father would take his daughters away from their mother. If things are so bad and you must kill yourself, then WHY take the girls with you?
Or did he?
Perhaps he gave them to someone but then why not leave the girls with their mother?
So many questions.
Lets hope the GPS microchip holds some answers and his travelroute can be reconstructed and leads them to the girls. Alive.

Police: 6-year-old twins last seen alive in Geneva
Published On Mon Mar 07 2011
GENEVA—More than five weeks after missing 6-year-old Swiss twins were last seen, witnesses have confirmed the girls and their father were in Geneva on the afternoon of their disappearances.

The sighting, between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. on January 30, is the latest confirmed sighting of Alessia and Livia Schepp since their father — Matthias Schepp — picked them up from their home in Lausanne.
Swiss police in the canton (state) of Vaud said Monday witnesses had “specific information to suggest that it was Alessia, Livia and their father” they had seen.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/949892--police-6-year-old-twins-last-seen-alive-in-geneva

Sorry for 2 posts, but, I just cannot believe they found the GPS chip, and it was intact, under some rocks. OMG!!!!

Wondergirl, it's too early to know if the microchip is intact or not. It has been sent, via Milano, to the US manufacturers who will try to retrieve the information.

Amazing how the Italian LE and the volunteers tenacity paid off. They were still searching the train tracks and all the railway area today in hopes of finding the tape recorder, even though so far they haven't found any fragment of it.

In following link there is a VIDEO re the finding of the microchip:

http://www.tg1.rai.it/dl/tg1/2010/articoli/ContentItem-61336107-b828-4c72-bf7e-5aeaa3de3a85.html

I see this from the Missing Alessia & Livia Facebook Group. Where is this toll in relation to the case, and what could it mean?
M Schepp has been identified at Montélimar's toll on monday 31st january

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Alessia-Livia/169083213138407
Haven't read the news today Wondergirl, but that sounds like what I posted (post 239) : that LE had evidence his car exited the highway during the night Jan. 30 to Jan.31st. Then there is evidence he re-entered the highway on the 31st. which seem to indicate he stopped to either rest or went to a hotel for the night in that area.
LE were asking for witnesses (hotels, etc.) to come forward if they had seen him (with or without the girls). This is important because this information helps in the reconstruction of Matthias itinerary, and if the girls were with him at this location, then that would mean he didn't killed them and left their bodies in Switzerland, so helps rule out one of the many theories, and is one piece of the puzzle, which at this point is missing lots of pieces.

Just went to Facebook and found this posted not long ago!!!
Corriere del Mezzogiorno:
La conferma dagli Usa: ora si potranno conoscere gli spostamenti di Schepp
Il navigatore satellitare potrà fornire le informazioni
a lungo cercate. Ottimismo dei tecnici della Garmin."
15 minutes ago
Corriere del Mezzogiorno
is saying there has been confirmation from the US manufacturer of the Garmin (GPS) that the technicians are optimistic they would certainly be able to retrieve information and learn of Matthias movements :woohoo:

Just went to Facebook and found this posted not long ago!!!
Corriere del Mezzogiorno
is saying there has been confirmation from the US manufacturer of the Garmin (GPS) that the technicians are optimistic they would certainly be able to retrieve information and learn of Matthias movements :woohoo:

Thats great news! Hopefully It will give Irina some clues as to where her girls are:)

found the article from il"Corriere del Mezzogiorno"

In the article it says that the Foggia police sent a picture of the small microchip to the USA manufacturers of the Garmin GPS, and the technicians have confirmed (by looking at the picture) that the microchip contains the GPS's MEMORY. They are very confident and optimistic all the information is contained there.
The microchip itself has already been sent to the USA (via Milano), and it will be arriving in the USA in the next few hours.

chip--190x130.jpg

(lol, from the FB post, it sounded as if the microchip was already in the USA, and that the technician had already looked at it, and sent the confirmation. Here hoping ALL the info is there, intact and retrievable) - amazing how something so small could potentially tell us SO much!

Corriere del Mezzogiorno - 08 marzo 2011 : http://corrieredelmezzogiorno.corriere.it/napoli/notizie/cronaca/2011/8-marzo-2011/dagli-usa-microchip-c-memoriala-verifica-spostamenti-schepp-190178674376.shtml

UPDATE:

Last night on Linea Notte TG3 Italian TV : A video at the Nice (France) tollgate, shows Matthias S. alone in his car, on Feb. 2nd., driving in direction to Italy.

The Missing Alessia & Livia Facebook group has created a very helpful site where they are gathering ALL the information, which is posted in : Italian, French, German and English.

(The site contains links to photos and other important facts and info.)

Home: https://sites.google.com/site/gemellineschepp/home

Movements: https://sites.google.com/site/gemellineschepp/movements

The "movements' link contains the TIMELINE, which is constantly being updated as new information comes out, and more facts are verified and confirmed by LE (some of the information posted has not yet been 100% confirmed by LE, that is why it says "almost")

Thanks for the updates, Hazel, you are keeping this thread alive.

I would like to know if there is any concentrated effort in Canada to determine if the girls went there?

The Canadian News outlets have been picking it up, and that leads me to believe perhaps LE is sending it to them.

Has there been determination of relatives or close friends still living in Canada?

There are different types of GPS memory, and if anyone is interested in the details, here is a peripheral glance of info on the subject:
3 Types: Data Pusher, Data Puller, Data Logger

Specifically of interest in this case, regarding the "Data Pusher" Type of GPS Memory:

Data pusher is the most common type of GPS tracking unit, used for asset tracking, personal tracking and Vehicle Tracking System.

Also known as a GPS beacon, this kind of device pushes (i.e. "sends") the position of the device as well as other information like speed or altitude at regular intervals, to a determined server, that can store and instantly analyze the data.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_tracking_unit

Thanks for the updates, Hazel, you are keeping this thread alive.

I would like to know if there is any concentrated effort in Canada to determine if the girls went there?

The Canadian News outlets have been picking it up, and that leads me to believe perhaps LE is sending it to them.

Has there been determination of relatives or close friends still living in Canada?
No problem WG, though yep, sometimes I feel very lonely in this thread ...
I did notice that too. Before it would take two days for the news to appear in an English article, then all of a sudden it started taking only one day, and the latest news appeared on the same day! Not sure if that witness's account re those 2 men talking about Canada or the French Antilles as destinations had anything to do with that.

I too would like to know if Can. LE has been asked to investigate if there are relatives of M's living in Canada. Having been born in Canada doesn't necessarily mean they have family here. He could have been born here at a time his father had been assigned as a diplomatic, or airline, or representative of a company, etc., then when time was up (contract, mission or whatever), they all went back to Europe, and left no family behind. Just a thought. In any case, I'm sure Irina should know about those details.

No problem WG, though yep, sometimes I feel very lonely in this thread ...

Please know that while I don't post in this thread, or much of anywhere at the moment(very busy, and sad lately), I read every update and am so thankful for them. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back