INTL - Alessia & Livia Schepp (twins), 6, 30 Jan 2011 - Italy, Switzerland and France

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.agi.it/english-version/italy/elenco-notizie/201103162200-cro-ren1109-missing_twins_father_perhaps_came_to_italy_alone

22:00 16 MAR 2011(AGI) Foggia - Matthias Schepp, who committed suicide at Cerignola station, was apparently alone when he crossed the Nice border. He is the father of the missing twin girls. A confirmation of him coming to Italy on his own could be the picture taken on 2 February at 9.13am as he was driving through the Nice Capitou toll station, on his way to Italy. Foggia police are investigating. . .

This is the picture that captured MS alone, on Feb. 2nd., at the Capitou highway toll station (near Nice), at the border between France and Italy.

The picture was shown on last Wednesday's (March 16th, 2011) "Chi L'ha Visto?" episode : http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-dbad6aac-9a84-4bbf-a634-f272afb60fc6.html#p=0

9516_22_medium.jpg

http://www.caffe.ch/stories/home/32630_schepp_in_italia_senza_le_gemelline/

This is the picture that captured MS alone, on Feb. 2nd., at the Capitou highway toll station (near Nice), at the border between France and Italy.

The picture was shown on last Wednesday's (March 16th, 2011) "Chi L'ha Visto?" episode : http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-dbad6aac-9a84-4bbf-a634-f272afb60fc6.html#p=0

9516_22_medium.jpg

http://www.caffe.ch/stories/home/32630_schepp_in_italia_senza_le_gemelline/

Ok, I just had a horrible thought looking at this car. :anguish:

It's been driving me crazy that he would go on this wild goose chase. So bear with me, although this is not the outcome anyone prefers.

I had read that Irina figured out that two suitcases were missing from the house of MS but they have never been mentioned again. What if on the ferry, he poisons the girls and then puts them in the suitcases? Then, he carries them to his car on the ferry, puts them in the trunk of the car, and drives them to Italy. And they are buried in Italy and no one is looking here, maybe near Lake Como. It will just be a nightmare trying to find these babies. I pray the GPS can tell us something soon!!!

I have just been so bothered by him driving all the way to Cerignola. It's just crazy. So many things about this case is troubling.

I still pray that they will be found alive. :banghead:

What if on the ferry, he poisons the girls and then puts them in the suitcases? Then, he carries them to his car on the ferry, puts them in the trunk of the car, and drives them to Italy.

:banghead:

Exactly my thought since I read about the suitcases.

Did Irina say that there were clothes and other things missing? I only read about the suitcases once and that was a long time ago. The other thing I am wondering is the CCTV on the ferry. Surely there is some sort of video. I have never been on a ferry but do you drive the cars on yourself? Did anyone see MS taking luggage to his car? There are no security cameras? I am sure someone else has already thought of these things but I cannot give up hope for these babies. It is just so unbelievable that a parent could such a thing. I know it happens but it is just as inconceivable every time it does. I'm praying for a miracle. :shakehead:

Did Irina say that there were clothes and other things missing? I only read about the suitcases once and that was a long time ago. The other thing I am wondering is the CCTV on the ferry. Surely there is some sort of video. I have never been on a ferry but do you drive the cars on yourself? Did anyone see MS taking luggage to his car? There are no security cameras? I am sure someone else has already thought of these things but I cannot give up hope for these babies. It is just so unbelievable that a parent could such a thing. I know it happens but it is just as inconceivable every time it does. I'm praying for a miracle. :shakehead:
hi dmdlt...,
Irina got permission from the Swiss LE to go into Matthias home (she still had a key since she lived there before the separation). This was after the Swiss LE had already been in the house. Apparently, they never thought of checking the garbage can in the master bedroom's bathroom.
Irina decided to check the garbage can and found the girls toothbrushes and luggage tags that Matthias had cut off from the luggage he took on the last trip to the Caribbean. She checked ALL the bags, suitcases, backpacks, etc. and they were ALL totally empty; all except for the twins' backpacks that Irina had packed for them, as she always did whenever they went to stay at Matthias. Those backpacks still contained the change of clothing...their stuffed toys were not in there, but on top of each girls' bed.

That's when she realized those 2 suitcases (images showed on Chi L'ha Visto?) were missing. One bigger than the other. The big one is a suitcase (hard), the smaller one is a nylon duffle bag. I do not recall reading that she noticed anything else was missing from the house.

With regards to your question re the CCTV on the ferry, in one of "Chi L'ha Visto?" episodes the program's correspondents travel Matthias' "route" (from St. Sulpice to Cerignola), showing all known areas (at the time of that episode) where he had been.

They go to the parking lot in Marseille, they go to the street where the Bank machines where he withdrew the cash are, and they show how it would have been impossible to park a car there. The correspondent turns around and the camera shows the 'view' from Matthias' perspective.

Then they look for a store where Matthias could have purchased the postcard (the bunny ), and after going to several places, they finally find a rack with that exact same postcard. They go and talk to the people at the place where Matthias purchased the ferry tickets. I believe they purchase tickets themselves.

They showed how people just drive their cars into the ferry .... you will be surprised to see there is nobody checking anything. Once on board, if you want a cabin, then you show your ticket and will get a key to a cabin; otherwise, nobody will check if you have a ticket or not :( Since it is an overnight trip everybody gets a cabin, and they show how deserted the ferry looks at night. At arrival in Corsica, people just drive their cars out of the ferry, no supervision at all.

I believe you know a little Italian, right? Even if you don't understand what they are saying, I'll suggest you watch that episode, it will give you a very good idea of how the ferry and area looks like. Now, the thing is, I cannot remember which date you need to watch LOL....I posted about this already, so will go back and see if I can find the exact date.

Like I said before, that program has done a great job following this case....really worth watching!

Thanks, Hazel! My son's girlfriend (Italian) and I talk about the case all the time. The thing that bothers me when I read articles in the Italian press are the veracity of the statements. Are these people just looking for their 15 minutes or have they really seen something? In addition to working full time, I am also going to school full time :banghead: so I do not watch much in the way of TV. I will go back and watch the shows however just to be clear. I do read the paper and online articles.

And keep praying for a miracle. Thanks again! I appreciate your comments! :seeya:

Thanks, Hazel! My son's girlfriend (Italian) and I talk about the case all the time. The thing that bothers me when I read articles in the Italian press are the veracity of the statements. Are these people just looking for their 15 minutes or have they really seen something? In addition to working full time, I am also going to school full time :banghead: so I do not watch much in the way of TV. I will go back and watch the shows however just to be clear. I do read the paper and online articles.

And keep praying for a miracle. Thanks again! I appreciate your comments! :seeya:
No problem dmdlt... :) like I said before in my post #173 , most of the time it is the willingness to help, of good-intended people, that make them believe very strongly they saw Matthias and the twins. The Italian LE has constantly been saying that there is no evidence the twins ever entered Italy....the only confirmed sighting is the one of Matthias at the Restaurant at Vietri Sul Mare, Salerno (south of Napoli).

Found the episode where they show all about the ferry. The correspondents bought tickets for the exact same trip that Matthias did...same day, same time.

Here is the link - hopefully you will find the time to watch it all. In the meantime, I will give you the markers for a few highlights that might interest you:

00:29:00 Morges - Geneve (border Switzerland-France)

01:01:00 Restaurant at Vietri sul Mare (Italy)

01:24:00 Marseille, postcard, ferry trip

Chi L'ha Visto? (Feb. 9th, 2011) : http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-5ad617ae-113a-4a10-a802-6fe0c0aad734.html#p=0

------------------------------------

by the way, I did a Timeline some time ago, based on that episode and I believe also Feb. 16th. If you read the Timeline I did, and then watch the episode, it would be much easier for you to understand. Here is the link in case you missed it. Actually is 3 posts in a row, so it is post #200, #201 and #202.

Timeline: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6150267#post6150267

A few highlights from Chi l'ha Visto? dated Feb. 16, 2011 : http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-3743b935-6aa0-4695-89c0-ecce03dbeeb9.html#p=0

(Oops! forgot to mention that markers are approx.)

00:14:40 shows St. Sulpice area

01:10:00 correspondent at Bank machines and parking lot at Marseille, as per the CCTV images we have seen.

00:18:00 Cerignola - reconstruction of suicide. Cerignola train station is all automated, so there is nobody there. Is a very small provincial train station.
Matthias presence was noticed by the k-9 unit, they were able to indicate where MS walked, where he sat down, where he 'relieved himself' and so forth. He walked in the binary area for more than 2 hours (back and forth) had a bottle of some liquor on one hand and a burned out cigarette on the other, totally immersed in his thoughts.....

??? somewhere there is also the reconstruction of the Timeline I posted above, but cannot find it at the moment :( ... have to leave now, hope this helps you :)

Thanks Hazel!!! :seeya:

When I first came across this page it was because I was reading everything I could find about this case, and I found this thread. You and the others are the reasons I joined Websleuth so that I could keep up. I definitely have read the timeline before and will try and watch the video.

Praying that today will be the day the girls go home to their mommy.

Have a great day!

Thanks Hazel!!! :seeya:

When I first came across this page it was because I was reading everything I could find about this case, and I found this thread. You and the others are the reasons I joined Websleuth so that I could keep up. I definitely have read the timeline before and will try and watch the video.

Praying that today will be the day the girls go home to their mommy.

Have a great day!

Perhaps you've already been welcomed, but I want to welcome you again! =)

Thanks for joining us here - there are so many cases that could use your insight!
:welcome:

I have read quite a bit about Matthias and his avid interest in Sailing. From the translated articles, I gather that all the places he went to on his final journey, were those he visited on the company yacht, among others.

jum_3.jpg

The police are using this knowledge of his keen interest, in their search for the girls.

I regret to say, that I do feel it's possible that they are in the water he loved, and will never be found. :(

That was really hard to type. I do wish more than anything that he passed off the girls to someone else, and they are still alive. Unfortunately, that would involve one or more persons having the same callous heart as him, and, I just do not think it likely.

The case is complicated for investigators. First because of Dad. He seems to have consciously or unconsciously, muddled and erased the traces of its passage during his last trip of 1800 miles by car. Second, no evidence available to police officers is critical.

-The many testimonies (in Préverenges (VD), Geneva, France and Italy) are often implausible.

-Traces of phone calls recorded by the antennae (Morges, Annecy, Lyon) mark a crossing point, without saying more

-Photos of the car (Montelimar, Lancon de Provence, Marseille, Bastia, Nice) do not authenticate the presence of girls.

The psychological profile of Matthias Schepp is no more help. No one has yet figured out how this model father, an engineer at Philip Morris, have sunk into suicidal madness. Certainly, he would not divorce his wife wanted. But how did he plan his flight several days in advance without alerting her family. Then in his flight, send messages morbid, that suggest the irreparable? Matthias Schepp may have taken his secret to his grave.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.lematin.ch/actu/suisse/matthias-schepp-navigue-amour-paternel-folie-suicidaire-396704&ei=0ZGGTbzhCYWO0QGCl-HGCA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.lematin.ch/actu/suisse/matthias-schepp-navigue-amour-paternel-folie-suicidaire-396704%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-ca:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7SUNC_en%26prmd%3Divns

When modern cars are serviced the garage can view a lot of data about how the car has been used. Does anyone know precisely what sort of info the car stores electronically? Does it record the total weight of the car, for example, and does it take regular readings over time?

When modern cars are serviced the garage can view a lot of data about how the car has been used. Does anyone know precisely what sort of info the car stores electronically? Does it record the total weight of the car, for example, and does it take regular readings over time?

hi, swanny! :seeya:
when i watch television criminal shows, the electronics in the car tell everything. however, i have no idea how much is true. if you are thinking that the weight of the car would change with and then without the girls, i'm cannot imagine their weight would make much difference. i pray every day that all the investigators are exhausting every lead. i'm quite certain they are as frustrated as we are. as simple as it sounds, we cannot stop praying and we cannot give up hope. keep talking about the story and keep the information moving. :heartbeat:

Hello dmdlt76453

Yes, I was thinking about the weight with and without the girls. Two 6 year old girls together weigh 45-50kg. So the questions:

1. do the car electronics record total weight at regular intervals?
2. if so, are they sensitive enough to register a change of weight of 45-50kg?

seem relevant to me.

I believe that some cars record doors being opened and closed. This could be relevant with rear passenger doors, as it is possible MS only opened and closed these doors, on his final journey, to allow the children to get in and out.

But I expect these possibilities have been explored already.

There is still no explanation as to why Matthias chose Cerignola as a place to end his life.

Chi L'ha Visto? goes to Switzerland to a small town that has a name that sounds very much like Cerignola --> Cergniaulaz

Irina and her brother Valerio had been there leaving the twins' missing posters. Irina said she had previously been at that small town with Matthias.

comments on FB are not happy, since they feel today's episode was going more towards recovery of their bodies :( looking for an area where MS could have left the girls. They also showed a portion of an early episode when Irina is asked where does she think would be more likely for Matthias to have left their bodies, to which she replies, a place with a view to a lake.

someone had posted a life stream link, but I only caught the very last part of the program; will watch the full episode when it would be available online tomorrow.

There is still no explanation as to why Matthias chose Cerignola as a place to end his life.

Chi L'ha Visto? goes to Switzerland to a small town that has a name that sounds very much like Cerignola --> Cergniaulaz

Irina and her brother Valerio had been there leaving the twins' missing posters. Irina said she had previously been at that small town with Matthias.

comments on FB are not happy, since they feel today's episode was going more towards recovery of their bodies :( looking for an area where MS could have left the girls. They also showed a portion of an early episode when Irina is asked where does she think would be more likely for Matthias to have left their bodies, to which she replies, a place with a view to a lake.

someone had posted a life stream link, but I only caught the very last part of the program; will watch the full episode when it would be available online tomorrow.

Fwiw, it was stated that Matthias and the family had holidayed near Cerignola, and it was believed that was why he ended his life there.

Not exactly news, but at least the police are still working the case:

http://genevalunch.com/blog/2011/03/25/missing-twins-chief-swiss-investigator-raises-spectre-of-murder/

Lausanne, Switzerland (GenevaLunch) – Pascal Gilléron, chief investigator in canton Vaud in the case of missing twins Alessia and Livia Schepp, has told a Fribourg newspaper in an interview Friday that officials are now considering more closely the possibility that the six-year-old girls’ father killed them.

The children disappeared, with their father, 30 January from their village of St Sulpice near Lausanne, and while many of his steps have been traced, the thread for the girls’ movements was lost. The three-country investigation will move back to Switzerland next week, he told La Liberté, to confirm information already gathered by police in Switzerland. He added that it appears nearly certain the children were not killed in Switzerland. The chief investigator in France some weeks ago suggested the possibility that the father threw the girls overboard, off the ferry, between mainland France and Corsica.

http://notiziefresche.info/la-mamma-delle-gemelle-scomparsenon-mollo_post-91845/

Il procuratore del cantone svizzero Vaud, incaricato delle indagini sulla scomparsa delle gemelline Alessia e Livia Schepp, rapite dal padre lo scorso 31 gennaio e scomparse dopo il suicidio dell’uomo il 3 febbraio, suggerisce con insistenza l’ipotesi dell’assassinio delle bambine e la madre Irina Lucidi risponde:“Io non mollo. Ritrovarle è compito e mestiere della polizia, anche se mi rendo conto che più passano i giorni più la speranza si affievolisce”. La donna aggiunge di essere molto ferita dalle parole del procuratore, che nei giorni scorsi ha parlato dell’elevato costo delle indagini a fronte degli scarsi risultati ottenuti, e che l’ipotesi dell’assassinio delle gemelle ha per lei lo stesso valore nullo di tutte le altre congetture fatte dagli inquirenti, in quanto non sono supportate da alcun elemento d’indagine.

The prosecutor of the Swiss canton of Vaud, in charge of the investigation into the disappearance of the twins and Alessia Livia Schepp, abducted by their father on 31 January and disappeared after the man's suicide on February 3, insistently suggests the possibility of the assassination of girls. Their mother Irina Lucidi replied "I will not give up. Find and job and task of the police, although I realize that the more days pass the more hope is fading." She adds she is hurt a lot by the words of the prosecutor, who recently spoke about the high cost of investigations against the poor results obtained, and the hypothesis that the murder of her twins has the same value for all null conjectures made by other investigators, because they are not supported by any investigation. (I had no clue how to translate this.):banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back