GUILTY Ireland - Anastasia Kriegel, 14, Found deceased, Lucan, Co Dublin, 14 May 2018 *minors arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the US, if someone is present for a murder and fails to stop it or report it, or if there is no way to tell for sure who did what, they are charged with murder. Perhaps @Angleterre can shed some light on this, but is it much different in the UK and Ireland? Boy B was there, he saw it, he didn't report it. I don't think he should go away for life, or even be charged as an adult, but he definitely needs some correction.

I imagine it would come under joint enterprise. Please correct me if i am wrong, but it is my understanding that he lured Ana to the location knowing that Boy A planned to attack her and cause her significant harm or worse and he did nothing to prevent the attack before or during. He also lied to cover his tracks.

I feel his conviction should stand. His sentence is perfectly just, lenient if anything. He should have the good grace to accept his role in an innocent girl's murder and pay his penance. IMO

Prosecuting counsel, Brendan Grehan, said two grounds of appeals identified by Boy B's lawyers were fairly straightforward but a further ground, might take longer.

Mr Colgan said he had identified a number of issues that would be argued as grounds of appeal. He asked for the transcript of the 42-day trial to be released so the legal team could start working on them.

Boy B appeal against murder conviction set for April

What could they be?? There was no forensic evidence on boy B so it’s got to be the way the interviews were conducted. But I don’t think they were carried out wrongly and Gardai always interviewed boy B with his mother or solicitor present, always made sure he was comfortable etc, bringing him Ribena and snacks. I’m trying to think of what these grounds could possibly be. :mad:

Glad boy A decided not to appeal his life sentence. I was worried he would.

In the US, if someone is present for a murder and fails to stop it or report it, or if there is no way to tell for sure who did what, they are charged with murder. Perhaps @Angleterre can shed some light on this, but is it much different in the UK and Ireland? Boy B was there, he saw it, he didn't report it. I don't think he should go away for life, or even be charged as an adult, but he definitely needs some correction.

Strictly speaking, boy B delivered Ana to boy A, her killer. Using a manipulative pretext. So he is at least guilty of this. He was not a bystander in this story.

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 10:33 AM

One of the teenage boys found guilty of murdering schoolgirl, Ana Kriégel, has sacked his lawyers ahead of an appeal against his conviction which was due to take place today.

The 15-year-old, referred to in court as Boy B, was unanimously found guilty of murdering the “lonely and vulnerable” schoolgirl last June and was sentenced to 15 years detention, to be reviewed after eight years.

[...]

Boy B had initially lodged an appeal against his conviction only, meaning no appeal was being sought against the severity of his sentence.

The Court of Appeal had fixed April 24 the hearing date for Boy B’s conviction appeal.

However, Boy B has since dismissed his legal team and has sought the services of a new team of lawyers. They will be seeking a new date for hearing in due course.

Boy B dismisses lawyers; appeal against conviction for Ana Kriégel murder will not proceed today

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 10:33 AM

One of the teenage boys found guilty of murdering schoolgirl, Ana Kriégel, has sacked his lawyers ahead of an appeal against his conviction which was due to take place today.

The 15-year-old, referred to in court as Boy B, was unanimously found guilty of murdering the “lonely and vulnerable” schoolgirl last June and was sentenced to 15 years detention, to be reviewed after eight years.

[...]

Boy B had initially lodged an appeal against his conviction only, meaning no appeal was being sought against the severity of his sentence.

The Court of Appeal had fixed April 24 the hearing date for Boy B’s conviction appeal.

However, Boy B has since dismissed his legal team and has sought the services of a new team of lawyers. They will be seeking a new date for hearing in due course.

Boy B dismisses lawyers; appeal against conviction for Ana Kriégel murder will not proceed today

wow! wtf

ONE OF the teenage boys convicted of murdering 14-year-old Ana Kriegel in 2018 has been assaulted in Oberstown Detention Centre.

The teenager, known only as Boy A, was 13 when he murdered Ana in an abandoned house in Lucan, and along with Boy B was the youngest person to be charged with murder in the history of the State.

The now-15-year-old is carrying out his sentence in Oberstown Youth Detention Centre, and it is understood he was attacked by a group of his fellow detainees on Sunday evening.

Reports indicate that Boy A was watching TV alone when two youths attacked him, leaving him with bruises in what is described as a minor assault.

A source told The Irish Sun that the teenager is "a bit of a loner" and "has been trying to throw his weight around a bit in there and it has come back to haunt him".

"He got a few slaps and was left with bruising. It's not too serious".

Teenager convicted of Ana Kriegel murder assaulted in detention centre | The Irish Post

ONE OF the teenage boys convicted of murdering 14-year-old Ana Kriegel in 2018 has been assaulted in Oberstown Detention Centre.

The teenager, known only as Boy A, was 13 when he murdered Ana in an abandoned house in Lucan, and along with Boy B was the youngest person to be charged with murder in the history of the State.

The now-15-year-old is carrying out his sentence in Oberstown Youth Detention Centre, and it is understood he was attacked by a group of his fellow detainees on Sunday evening.

Reports indicate that Boy A was watching TV alone when two youths attacked him, leaving him with bruises in what is described as a minor assault.

A source told The Irish Sun that the teenager is "a bit of a loner" and "has been trying to throw his weight around a bit in there and it has come back to haunt him".

Teenager convicted of Ana Kriegel murder assaulted in detention centre | The Irish Post
Fantastic news! X

I don’t like “prison justice” as it indicates nothing but lack of supervision on behalf of the gardai, in this case, but the description of boy A’s personality is quite interesting.

I don’t like “prison justice” as it indicates nothing but lack of supervision on behalf of the gardai, in this case, but the description of boy A’s personality is quite interesting.

I agree ... it's like it was likely to be a revenge attack for what he did either.

Not sure those 2 things marry well in my mind - loner and throwing his weight around

I agree ... it's like it was likely to be a revenge attack for what he did either.

Not sure those 2 things marry well in my mind - loner and throwing his weight around

Yeah it seems he was throwing his weight about - the arrogance of him !!!

I live in the area - I was telling my 16 year old son and he said I bet it was boy A straight away. He tells me via a good source he was always a psycho

He says he can't understand why he is not in a mental institution - the mind reels.

I really would be afraid if he was let out when he is in his 20's.

Yeah it seems he was throwing his weight about - the arrogance of him !!!

I live in the area - I was telling my 16 year old son and he said I bet it was boy A straight away. He tells me via a good source he was always a psycho

He says he can't understand why he is not in a mental institution - the mind reels.

I really would be afraid if he was let out when he is in his 20's.

My post above made no sense!

It was meant to say - I agree ... it's not like it was likely to be a revenge attack for what he did either.

Not sure those 2 things marry well in my mind - loner and throwing his weight around* those 2 things seem opposite to me, the liners usually keep themselves to themselves.

Does your son know him @molly67? Or just heard rumours about him etc? I’d really love to find out more about him and his life before the murder etc. If anyone thought he was odd or weird, he was described as popular though by boy B, But perhaps that could be because the other kids were scared of him so wanted to be on his good side. Did he come from a nice family do you know?

Yeah I think this attack probably wasn’t anything to do with revenge for Ana, more likely some kids showing him who’s boss in there I bet.

My post above made no sense!

It was meant to say - I agree ... it's not like it was likely to be a revenge attack for what he did either.

Not sure those 2 things marry well in my mind - loner and throwing his weight around* those 2 things seem opposite to me, the liners usually keep themselves to themselves.

that’s what I thought! How can he be a loner but throwing his weight around? That’s kind of conflicting.
I’m glad he didn’t try to appeal his sentence like boy b has mind. I thought maybe he would.

@Kikixxxx no he doesn't know him. All the kids talk - some of my sons friends went to the school he was at so I guess that is where he got his info.

The family from what I can gather were supposed to be nice and respectful. It's a really nice area out in the suburbs.

I was surprised he was throwing his weight about in Oberstown.

You don't get put in there for petty crime. I doubt he every met anything close to these bad boys.

And yes ... I would put money on this beating was not a revenge attack but more to do with him as an individual

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles
Back