Ireland Ireland - Jon Jonsson, 41 (visitor from Iceland), Whitehall, Dublin, 9 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Letters -
“There was enough information for a search to be commenced,” a source said. It’s understood one typed letter was sent anonymously to Ballymun Garda Station – the base of the missing person’s investigation that is hunting for Mr Jonsson – while another was delivered to a priest in the Dublin area.

Although the information was vague, there was enough to persuade detectives that there was a possibility the remains of Mr Jonsson, 41, were in the park. The search began today and is set to continue tomorrow.

It’s understood the search is focusing on two areas of the park, also known as Santry Demesne. One is a heavily wooded area, while the other is a deep lake in the park – which means officers believe his remains have either been hidden in a shallow grave or in the water.

Good to see this case back in the news...

I still think the most plausible scenario to his disappearance is related to the financial loss or potential unknown gain he made the night before, in high stake cash poker games and the people he met during that period.

Travelling from Iceland to Ireland to play poker implies he took the game seriously and the fact he gambled so much away (in relation to his income, as he is a taxi driver) on the first night, gives an impression of a high appetite towards risk. So far, money suggests the only potential motive in my opinion.

It is important to remember that Jon has no connection to Ireland and had only just arrived, so he has no enemies with a motive other than the people he has met the night before and is unfamiliar with the surroundings. This is why I suspect there is a key missing piece of information - most likely a nearby address written on a piece of paper, as he was not carrying his phone and therefore could not access maps. He has possibly decided to walk to a nearby address or get a taxi to it.

I also suspect the monetary values in question of have been vastly underestimated. He has either lost an amount he cannot pay back and has been coerced into something the following day. Another possibility is he has actually won a large amount of cash which he has agreed to collect the following day at a location, but has been duped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EasyFiling
Back