Found Deceased Ireland - Ruth Maguire, 30, vanished during hen party, Carlingford, Co Louth, Leinster, 16 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This isn’t too far from where I live. Carlingford is an hours drive away from her home in Newcastle. Newcastle is located in Northern Ireland, UK and Carlingford is across the boarder in Ireland. This is why both the PSNI and Gardi are involved in the search.
Carlingford is popular for hen and stag parties and is a beautiful part of Ireland.
I find it strange that the bouncer over heard her saying that she was going to try and get to Newcastle, part of me thinks there was possibly a falling out between the girls at the hen party. I also noted that one of the friends from the hen party has posted on Facebook asking for help to find her and said that “some” of the hen party girls had went out that night looking to find her. Why didn’t they all go? This also makes me think there was an argument of some sort. She left her coat behind and switched her phone off around 12, this also makes me think there was some sort of a falling out between her and the girls. For them all to leave the bar at 11.30 (super early), I can only assume that they were going back to the place they were staying to drink some more.

Unfortunately I think she has been really drunk and ended up in the water. Carlingford is surrounded by it. I hope I’m wrong though and I hope she makes it home safe.

I wondered that too, why only some of the party went out searching.

The LE are not giving much away which makes me think there is no foul play and she has some how ended up in water.

Does anyone know if the bar wàs searched yesterday - I can't see anything on MSM - I wonder if bar even opened yesterday.

Just by going by what I have read ... it looks like they know she entered the water.

I am hoping someone is going to quash my theory

I looked again at Google Maps and the shortest path to the water. The distance is not far but she would have had to cross at least a two lane street. Then, I noticed no openings through the stone seawall she could have taken. It seems to me she would have have had to climb over the wall and then drop into the water. The only way to walk into the water from the shore is to go right out of the pub, walk several blocks and enter the water at the end of the sea wall, the map shows this to be full of debris.
Neither of these routes make sense to me whether she was stone cold sober or out of her mind drunk and all else being equal.

Carlingford Lough and The Cooley Peninsula

Search is ongoing in Carlingford for missing woman Ruth Maguire, with various rescue organisations from early light this morning. Local Gardai, Irish Coastguard, Greenore Coastguard, Mourne Mountain Rescue, Dundalk Sub Aqua, Kilkeel RNLI, Clogherhead Coast Guard and Clogherhead RNLI all involved.
Anyone with any information on Ruth’s whereabouts is urged to contact Carlingford Garda Station on 042 937 3102.

upload_2019-3-18_13-18-30.png

Fears for missing Northern Ireland woman Ruth Maguire - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

'Last night it emerged Ruth had taken a photograph and posted it to Instagram at around midnight.

However, her phone appeared to be turned off and yesterday her coat was found in the bar she was last in with the group of friends.'
It is mentioned the coat was found in the bar the group was last in...

so... It sounds like they had gone to other pub(s) prior...

I wonder if CCTV from the pubs indicate a man following this group throughout the evening...
(Or at least seemingly "coincidentally" at the same pubs?)

Just a thought...

Divers are now entering the water at Carlingford Lough in the search for missing woman Ruth Maguire. @rtenews

Sinéad Hussey on Twitter

Oh no!

Will still keep the positive thoughts that this pretty lady will find her way home safely. ❤️❤️

(Btw, does anyone else think this town is just beautiful? Every photo makes me wish I were there. I’d never heard of it before.)

The castle seems creepy and rotten to me. I'm worried that someone who works at the pub has harmed her and hid her there until they could move her to another place.
That castle is very scary. I was scrolling through the pub pics and then I gasped out loud when I saw the castle. I don’t know why but it really creeps me out.
It probably has nothing to do with Ruth’s disappearance, but I’m sure they’re checking it.

It is mentioned the coat was found in the bar the group was last in...

so... It sounds like they had gone to other pub(s) prior...

I wonder if CCTV from the pubs indicate a man following this group throughout the evening...
(Or at least seemingly "coincidentally" at the same pubs?)

Just a thought...
I find that wording strange. Why not just say her coat was found in Taaffes?

I looked again at Google Maps and the shortest path to the water. The distance is not far but she would have had to cross at least a two lane street. Then, I noticed no openings through the stone seawall she could have taken. It seems to me she would have have had to climb over the wall and then drop into the water. The only way to walk into the water from the shore is to go right out of the pub, walk several blocks and enter the water at the end of the sea wall, the map shows this to be full of debris.
Neither of these routes make sense to me whether she was stone cold sober or out of her mind drunk and all else being equal.

That's good info, thank you!

I agree that it doesn't really make sense that she would have climbed over a sea wall to enter water, even if she was completely hammered, in which case she probably wouldn't even have been able to stand up. If there was something other than alcohol involved, it becomes much more plausible that she entered the water, IMO.

Another reason I remain hopeful that she isn't in the water is that the "person exits bar alone and ends up in water" scenario that we see all too often here on WS seems to overwhelmingly involve males vs. females for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there was a buddy system being used the night of the hen party. I'm sure all the other women she was with feel absolutely terrible right now.

I do wonder if she was seen talking to anyone at the bar after her friends left. There almost certainly have to be CCTV images of her either leaving the bar or capturing her route after she left the bar.

They haven't released any CCTV images of her once she left the bar, correct?
I find that both a little odd and somewhat concerning.

Last edited:
Another reason I remain hopeful that she isn't in the water is that the "person exits bar alone and ends up in water" scenario that we see all too often here on WS seems to overwhelmingly involve males vs. females for whatever reason.

I believe one reason is that men are much more likely to go and urinate into water. I read an article ages ago about bodies found in canals in Amsterdam - the police are fairly certain it was a wee related accident when men are found drowned with their flies undone.

No cctv released yet but there are two cameras on the front of the pub one facing the main entrance the other looking back to the courtyard and as most bars also have several bar cams now you would expect further footage would be available from inside. Do we know what the Instagram post a midnight showed ? If there is anything that allows the location it was taken in to be determined you have to wonder if perhaps it indicates she was near or at the shoreline hence the search focusing there. No mention on the pubs FB page of anything to do with the search or missing person feels weird ...why wouldn’t they appeal for info or people who may have been there to contact the Guard or PSNI ?

That's good info, thank you!

I agree that it doesn't really make sense that she would have climbed over a sea wall to enter water, even if she was completely hammered, in which case she probably wouldn't even have been able to stand up. If there was something other than alcohol involved, it becomes much more plausible that she entered the water, IMO.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there was a buddy system being used the night of the hen party. I'm sure all the other women she was with feel absolutely terrible right now.

I do wonder if she was seen talking to anyone at the bar after her friends left. There almost certainly have to be CCTV images of her either leaving the bar or capturing her route after she left the bar.

They haven't released any CCTV images of her once she left the bar, is that correct?

There doesn't appear to have been any cctv released or any info about the instagram photo either.

Newcastle to Carlingford Lough - 3 ways to travel via line 37 bus, and taxi
This a site providing public transportation possibilities from Carlingford to Newcastle. It appears, if I am reading it correctly that it would be a combination of a taxi to Kileel on the other side of the water and then a bus to Newcastle. It says hourly for the bus but with diminished trips on Saturday and Sunday. It seemed to be significantly expensive to me, with the fees being in the $100 dollar range one way.
It makes me ask again, if she knew her family was visiting with her mother in another town, why would she contemplate going home that late at night when she had a safe place to stay until the next day?

after becoming a daily weblseuth reader/participant (i've been lurking for many years), i now seriously question how i made it out alive in my 20's. so many questionable nights spent in bars/clubs/pubs, sometimes going out completely alone (and back home again). even tho i knew it was not the safest, nobody could have stopped me or made me afraid. i suppose now that we have all of this info at our fingertips on the daily/hourly/secondly, we will learn what to do with it in future generations. some of us will. it's truly frightening to think that a human can disappear like this, and i sincerely hope she's found soon to bring some peace to what must be a horrible start to a week for the family and friends of this woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back