Found Deceased Ireland - Ruth Maguire, 30, vanished during hen party, Carlingford, Co Louth, Leinster, 16 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe one reason is that men are much more likely to go and urinate into water. I read an article ages ago about bodies found in canals in Amsterdam - the police are fairly certain it was a wee related accident when men are found drowned with their flies undone.
Pulteney bridge in Bath is another area where they lose a few every year. It's the deception of fast moving water and the bravado of alcohol. But in this case, I don't believe she's fallen into the water. The instagram pic was taken around midnight and the hens left at 11:30, so it would seem Ruth was at the pub after everyone left. And she certainly wouldn't have left without her coat, and her phone was shut off. It sounds like that bouncer needs to be looked at.

Missing Ruth Maguire vanished from hen do in County Down | Daily Mail Online

‘At some point on Saturday night she is believed to have told a doorman she intended to walk home to Newcastle, and at around midnight she posted a photo on Instagram with the Lough in the background.’

This is just one of several articles that confirm the Instagram photo she posted around midnight had carlingford lough in the background. It also suggests the doorman heard her say she intended to WALK home to Newcastle that night which is a hell of a walk for a girl with no coat in the dark on her own to undertake.
She's not going to walk to Newcastle, it's too far even with a coat. If she said she was going to walk to Newcastle and left the pub without her coat, I'd think she was drugged. That's the only thing that makes sense.

This says she was going to walk to Newcastle. I googled it and it says it is a 22 hour walk.

Oh, I thought it was Newcastle up the coast from Carlingford ? If so it's about 16 miles as the crow flies, more like 25 miles by road, and through mountains. I can't imagine she thought she was going to be able to walk it.

EDIT just seen the news...

It’s a moot point now, but did you ever try to find your coat after a few too many drinks in a crowded bar? She probably couldn’t find it or forgot she even brought one. Did she step out to smoke without her coat and walked too far?

So a hen party is what we would call a bachelorette party in the US?

I can’t imagine 32 ladies out and about partying without a buddy system to keep up with each other.

It was like herding cats with just 12 of us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back