Irwin Attorney: ‘Jersey’ Bragged About Kidnapping Lisa Irwin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pretty sure Jersey shaved his head the day the investigation started. Too bad these things weren't put in the timeline of the cell phones when they were fresh.

Well, there is no indication that Megan saw Jersey on October 3rd. According to what we've been told, Megan broke up with him a week and a half earlier and he left the communal house at that time, only to fall off his bike, flat on his face, in the street (to her delight, which I think a less honest and more compassionate woman could have left out of the story!). Then, he came to the house shortly thereafter in a stolen minivan looking for her, but she locked herself away and her housemates chased him off (and they didn't recognize him at first, presumably because of the hairlessness). By the afternoon of Oct 3rd, before Lisa went missing, Mary Hurt reports having seen a bald Jersey. So, just based on these witness accounts, I believe Jersey was shaven-headed prior to Lisa's disappearance and the investigation.

One thing to consider is that it could be true that a communal-house dude did hear this from Jersey, but that it still isn't true. In other words, what if Jersey was trying to form his own cover story that he's a paid kidnapper but not a murderer?

I don't have enough information to know what I believe, but the possibilities include more than the information being completely true or completely false. Interesting.

Does anyone know the address of the sprinkler house? Or the address of SB or the address of the couple spotting the bald man with the baby? I am trying to make sense of it all with a map & the addresses would help. TIA!

Bumping for you :) There is a very nice map, but my Google Maps is all screwy about Java, as it does sometimes, darnit. I don't have the link now.

Maybe someone has that link and can post it, please :)

Jumping off you post yllek:

Witness "Lisa" never saw the alleged man carry the baby. She spoke for her husband, who refused to go on camera and has not since the beginning. Lisa was a hearsay witness, not an actual witness herself.

That's not what she claims. She even showed the reporter how she saw the man through the blinds on her window.

Shouldn't have looked. lol

Mary Hurt claimed Jersey shaved his head the day of the disapperance, Oct 3. Don't have a link, but it was the first interview Mary Hurt did w/ I think, HLN Spellman. Good night!!

Nite justamommy! I'm right behind you.

Mary Hurt did say that Jersey was bald when she saw him on the afternoon of the 3rd, but I don't think she said he shaved his head that day, just that he was bald when she saw him that day, IIRC. So, either he shaved it before that day or on that day. Either way, it was before Lisa reportedly disappeared and before the investigation started.

:eek:fftobed:

I guess if LE knows when Jersey's head was shaved is all that needs to be known. I saw a booking picture of a more mature, dark, short haired, balding in the front, Jersey, on his supposed latest. He just isn't tall. He's 5'6" and supposedly 160 lbs when sent to NJ DOC in the 90's. He didn't grow taller though, lol. Yes, I think I have the link on his stats if needed.

Here you go.

hJohn Tanko
SBI Number: 000425490B
Sentenced as: Tanko, John
Race: White
Ethnicity: N/A
Sex: Male
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 160 lbs.

Birth Date: March 19, 1969
Admission Date: May 26, 1998
Current Facility: Released from RFSP
Current Max Release Date: N/A
Current Parole Eligibility Date: N/A

CURRENT PRISON SENTENCE
Offense Offense
Date Sentence
Date County of
Commitment Commitment
Order Mandatory
Minimum Term Maximum
Term
1 count of :
2C:17-1*2 Arson-Aggravated /2 July 6, 1997 May 26, 1998 Middlesex 1335-10-97 3 Years
8 Years

1 count of :
2C:28-5*3 Tamper/Retaliate With Witness/Informnt/3 July 6, 1997 May 26, 1998 Middlesex 1335-10-97 2 Years
5 Years

INCARCERATION HISTORY
Date In Custody Date Out of Custody
May 26, 1998 July 11, 2003

https://www6.state.nj.us/DOC_Inmate/details?x=1060349&n=0

The link will timeout. Just put his name in again and agree to the sites rules to view.

All good points, but I think you have mixed up initials. SB is the drinking buddy, JB is drinking buddy's estranged hubby. No big deal really, I knew who you were talking about. Just didn't want to add to confusion with all the players in this case. To add, yes, I would love to here from SB. She has been silent.:seeya:

ETA....Just remembered another SB that night was new neighbor that came to smoke/chat w/ the women.

Yes, you right of course. Thank you for clarifying. I can't seem to keep the initials straight, especially as the numbers grow. I should go back to my unfortunately rather rude designations like neighbor lady drinking pal, new neighbor smoking buddy, etc since the only person I can seem to remember correctly is the much maligned (perhaps rightly so) Jersey!

Jumping off your post yllek:

Witness "Lisa" never saw the alleged man carry the baby. She spoke for her husband, who refused to go on camera and has not since the beginning. Lisa was a hearsay witness, not an actual witness herself.

LOL. Jim Spellman tweeted this:

@jimspellmancnn jim spellman
I see some over at @webseuths chatting about #babylisa witness Lisa, the 12:15 witness. Just to clarify she says she saw the man w/ baby...

Hi, Jim! :rocker::yourock:

I agree LE may have chased this down earlier. I take it you are discounting the HRD hit in the parent's bedroom which is direct evidence and putting weight on an unconfirmed witness's account? Just wonder why if so?

The way I understand it is a Cadaver dog is a tool. A hit can lead to evidence but is not in itself evidence. I discounted it,yes, when nothing else was produced. There are reasonable explanations for it. Having raised a bunch of kids I can see a child running to mama with a bleeding toe (it happens) It may have been an innocent spot of blood DB missed or it could have been a throw rug from a thrift store for all I know.
I see a lot of fallacies; I don't see any evidence against DB.

I am vaguely bothered with the idea that

1) Lisa may have been sold for $300
2) the attorneys for the family are tipping the perps off on TV (you know, if the unidentified individual is an important witness he could be the next one to go missing, and Lisa could be disposed of)
3) while Lisa is being trafficked somewhere the family is getting back to normal and things are better for them.

2) the attorneys for the family are tipping the perps off on TV (you know, if the unidentified individual is an important witness he could be the next one to go missing, and Lisa could be disposed of)
3) while Lisa is being trafficked somewhere the family is getting back to normal and things are better for them.

Not sure I understand 3. Do you mean the family lets their guard down when there is action pointing elsewhere? Didn`t they move into their home before this alleged $300 deal?

I`m still on the fence about this $300 . I believe Jersey is involved but not sure whether there was a deal or not.

#3 bothers me as well, but sadly #3 has been going on the longest out of this list - October 8th, i'd say. jmo

The way I understand it is a Cadaver dog is a tool. A hit can lead to evidence but is not in itself evidence. I discounted it,yes, when nothing else was produced. There are reasonable explanations for it. Having raised a bunch of kids I can see a child running to mama with a bleeding toe (it happens) It may have been an innocent spot of blood DB missed or it could have been a throw rug from a thrift store for all I know.
I see a lot of fallacies; I don't see any evidence against DB.

http://www.policek9.com/Fleck/Cadaver%20Dogs.pdf

If I understand this right, and it's correct:

At the federal level, a cadaver dog hit is considered reasonable suspicion.

At the state level it can be used as evidence.

yOiVE.jpg

It's all confusing. I'm pretty sure the mini-van thing was before Lisa went missing, not after. Jersey had shaved his head some time before Oct 3rd (as confirmed by neighbor Mary Hurt). I think Megan's account of Jersey coming to her communal house in the van was a week after they broke up (which was a few days before Lisa went missing). Boy, would we all have more hair ourselves right now if we had anything near a solid timeline! :pullhair:

And, I agree that it's good for everyone who has any kind of tip whatsoever to come forward. I was surprised that some were criticizing the FBI for checking out a tip in NY based on FB photos of a baby that looked like a young Lisa. I say "check it all out", leave no stone unturned. Some tips will be utter crap, par for the course. But, one of them just might be the key. This LE/FBI team appears to looking at everything and that is good for sweet Lisa.

Actually they broke up weeks before lisa went missing
Kansas City, Mo. - Megan Wright, the woman who received a phone call from the cell phone of the mother of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin, spoke out Monday saying she broke up with her boyfriend, Jersey, just weeks prior to Baby Lisa's disappearance.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Megan Wright says she split with 'Jersey' weeks before Baby Lisa vanished - National Crime | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...weeks-before-baby-lisa-vanished#ixzz1e9gfyC7R

Also the van was weeks AFTER lisa went missing and to look that up go to websleuths radio post number 119...sorry not sure how to bring over posts from other threads..

I don't think the couple witness said they saw a bald man carrying a baby to the sprinkler house. When the wife Lisa was interviewed, she said it was a tall thin bald man carrying a baby walking towards a house, but she and her husband later wondered if he only pretended to be walking towards a house (after the Lisa news broke).

AFAIK, she was unable to identify anyone, though I believe LE would have included Jersey in a photo line up. JMO. Plus, Jersey is very short (5'6" or under) and kinda buff from the court video.

At marker 8:43 you can watch the women describe what her and her husband saw in this video,, and it would be hard to give someones correct height in the daylight let alone at night imo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK91LdOmE40&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL859B4A0AAD5AED22"]Lisa Irwin: Prime News 11/1/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Not sure I understand 3. Do you mean the family lets their guard down when there is action pointing elsewhere? Didn`t they move into their home before this alleged $300 deal?

I`m still on the fence about this $300 . I believe Jersey is involved but not sure whether there was a deal or not.

I don't know when they heard about the $300 deal but it doesn't matter, I don't mind them moving back home. They can't live with relatives forever and why should they? I just find that there is a strange contrast between the thought that Lisa is in distress in who knows what kind of baby stealing criminal's hands and the thought that the family is getting comfortable and moving on. If they think Lisa could be alive somewhere I'd expect them to be franticly trying everything to locate her.

I also find it amazing how little evidence points to DB yet she is being portrayed as a muderer. MOO!

We have DB's changing stories, admission to being drunk, cell phone calls/voice mail/internet attempts at all hours, refusal to be interviewed by LE separately, cadaver dog hit in parents' bedroom. And I don't think many are accusing her of murder, but many of us believe she had some responsibility for BL to go missing. Doesn't really seem a stretch under the circumstances.

I just don't think the FBI would waste time looking for a live baby Lisa as far away as NY if they KNEW her in fact to be deceased.

We have DB's changing stories, admission to being drunk, cell phone calls/voice mail/internet attempts at all hours, refusal to be interviewed by LE separately, cadaver dog hit in parents' bedroom. And I don't think many are accusing her of murder, but many of us believe she had some responsibility for BL to go missing. Doesn't really seem a stretch under the circumstances.

I agree. As far as the mystery 17 year old seeing a mystery person talking to Jersey (wow! no mystery there, huh??), I have never heard such unmitigated bull in the course of a serious investigation. Megyn Kelly can call out liberals and democrats, but she can't call out this defense attorney? Now that is SAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop