Is a trafficking ring involved in this case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"(I) noticed that there was some children that came out the back door, and I thought, ‘please don’t come down and play soccer.’ But they came out and looked at some plants that were in the raised bed.”
http://www.katu.com/news/local/100582364.html
Right. They came out and looked at the raised planters. They are on the side of the school and overlook the soccer field I posted a picture of them on the Skyline school thread. While he says the kids came aout a "back" door, I doubt he really meant the doors at the back of the school. He couldn't see those doors from the field. I think he meant the back "side" door that leads right to the planters.

Stensen says he left about 8:45am, before the chaperoned groups began at 9am. About the time Kyron is missing and believed to be getting a drink. He doesn't mention an adult with the children. Here is a link for the lawnmower man thread if you'd like to search for more details. Skyline Groundskeeper says he saw no white truck -Timeline Clarified - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
No, he does not mention an adult. Nor does he say the children were unaccompanied. From his viewpoint on the field, it is quite possible there WAS an adult there standing back a little and he just couldn't see them. He doesn't really mention an adult at all. But the doors are locked from the outside, so it wouldn't make sense for kids to be out there all alone. They woudn't be able to get back in easily.
Red by me.

sbm
I don't think the turf tech ever said he saw children "unsupervised" nor did he characterize them as "playing." He said he saw some children come out one of the side doors to look at the planters that overlook the soccer field. He did not say there was no adult with them (there would have to be. How would they get back into the locked door) and he did not say how long they were there, and he never said they were "playing" which, IMO is a totally different context than checking on some plants.
BBM

But the doors weren't locked. None of them were.

Every door was unlocked. Every door.

Skyline School changes security policy.
http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman...102148389.html

"Next week, Skyline School will begin locking side doors. Previously, they'd been unlocked. Only the front door and ADA access door in the back of the school will be open during the school day."

No matter how this turned out, no matter who took Kyron, the doors were open for anyone to come in and to go out. We also don't know if the turf tech saw more than one group come and go.

And if he saw a small group of children looking at the plants, doesn't that sound like the groups which were formed in order to tour around, which would have been after the second bell rang? So he must have been there after 845. If so, perhaps a chaperone was standing just inside the door. If it was before 845, then the students were obviously milling around unsupervised.

They could have had a parent watching if it was before 8:45 am.

And even if they HAD been locked, many a child knows to stick something in the door to keep it from closing behind them.

No, he does not mention an adult. Nor does he say the children were unaccompanied. From his viewpoint on the field, it is quite possible there WAS an adult there standing back a little and he just couldn't see them. He doesn't really mention an adult at all. But the doors are locked from the outside, so it wouldn't make sense for kids to be out there all alone. They woudn't be able to get back in easily.

At :51 in this video by loves2bmom, you can see the lawnmower man mowing back and forth, right by the garden bed. Also note the heavy overgrowth where the woods meet the school grounds. This is why I can't rule out a lurking predator. HTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El8ff1NQLB0&feature=player_embedded#!

Did the lawn man see the door by Kyron's classroom or some other door?

My guess is yes. I think TH got in way over her head when she met unsavory characters that she wanted to kill Kaine. MOO.

And now she can't say a word, because she fears for her life.

MOO.

I think you are right. They may have also told her that if she says anything, they will kill Kyron. When I see her, I see extreme fear.

When you build a house, you get a bunch of crews in and there's the cement and the framing and the drywall, and sometimes overlap makes it look like a parking lot in front of the new place. Then it gets to the cabinet crew and the sense of constant coming and going changes to a small quiet operation. No more hammers and table saws.

If they came to a point where most of what's left to be done is wrapping up details for the DA and diving deeply into the computer forensics, which is a admin tech position, to find all of the more subtle implications, then I can see it not as a scaling down but more what was said before, refocusing. A task force is a very powerful working model from my own experience, and the scaling down is about the hemorrhaging of tax dollars, so I'm good with that.

As far as whether this is about trafficking, I wouldn't venture to guess, but I think that a mother and a man are sickened by what they know, and that points at least IMO along the lines of sadistic and horrible act designed to humiliate and control, and I do think it's sexual in nature.

What's sticking in my mind to make me think towards a ring, is Fairview. Troutdale. And Portland Port Authority.

:cow:

Hi Grayjay, There is a city employee in either Troutdale or Fairview who is an expert on human trafficking. Do you know who she is? It is just interesting that the East County { ??? to name of organization} where the investigation is pretty well moving to has this expert on board. IMO

Then again i think maybe if Terri had lewd stuff on the internet involving a minor that has been discovered by LE, they would surely arrest her for that, as has happened to others that have had such content on their computers?

I have this feeling that the Sheriff said what he did today to prepare the public for what is to come. It might be sooner than we think as I can't see them giving out this info and then waiting months to arrest people. IMO

Wow! did you notice how fast he was driving/mowing? Maybe he was just showing off for the camera.

LOL, a definite 'get her done' moment!

One thing to consider is he makes mention he's concerned the kids will come closer so I gather he's very aware of his surroundings. The bigger concern I have is the loud roar the mower would be making. We have a big rider and those things are so loud they drown out everything else. Add in the hundreds of visitors to the science fair that morning and it seems it would be a perfect time to snatch a little kid as it would be easy to miss cries for help.

I've very concerned this is a case of a kidnapping for trafficking. I can't think of any other reason a seasoned LE officer would get choked up when speaking of it.

Did the lawn man see the door by Kyron's classroom or some other door?

Since the lawn man places himself there outside the timeline LE is concerned about, I wonder if someone saw him next to the truck telling TH to move off of the gravel road, so he could get his mower to the soccer field.

Since the lawn man places himself there outside the timeline LE is concerned about, I wonder if someone saw him next to the truck telling TH to move off of the gravel road, so he could get his mower to the soccer field.

He said he never saw the truck and had it been where LE staged it, he felt he would have seen it.

So, he arrives at 7:30, Terri is parked there, and he tells her to move? His timeline actually surrounds the LE-speculated timeline. He's there 7:30, leaves 8:45-9:00, according to his amended timeline. And if he had told her to move at 8:45-9:00, surely he would have remembered that.

My guess is yes. I think TH got in way over her head when she met unsavory characters that she wanted to kill Kaine. MOO.

MOO.

Well, she made her bed and she gets to lie in it. The most unfortunate person is Kyron.

I don't think it is nec. a trafficking ring but I do feel that TH handed Kyron off to someone. I always go back to "whomever" thinking there would be a large reward put out for Kyron and somehow that would be the payoff and he would be returned at some point. I feel that "whomever" did not expect such national attention for this case and it has thrown a wrench into the works.

Oh heck TH may have just handed him off to someone just out of spite for Kaine and perhaps the issues at hand with her eldest son........ This case makes me want to :banghead:

HopeInOhio said:

MOO.
I think you are right. They may have also told her that if she says anything, they will kill Kyron. When I see her, I see extreme fear.

To me, if this were Terri's version of what's going on...at this point in the game she'd be worried sick that her remaining children would be at risk and spill all her beans to LE for the sake of their safety...but, has she? NO!

And also, just another thought...why would these "unsavory characters" decide to take just Kyron and not her own bio child, "K"...????

I do not think this has anything to do with child trafficking. I think She did something to Kyron and I do not think he is alive anymore. So sorry to say that. I know these rings exist, but I do not think this is the case with Kyron. I think LE found things on her computer.....things that make them wish they didn't have knowledge of.

I don't know, but I wondered why suddenly LE seemed to quit looking for Kyron. They did search the school one more time and that was based on "a tip". But, if they thought TH had murdered and buried him somewhere, it seems like there would have been more searches. This makes me wonder if, in fact, they DO have some kind of evidence that shows Kyron was taken away alive, or at least a credible tip that leads them to that conclusion. If so, then I think trafficking makes sense in what we're seeing by LE and the last presser comments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back