Is a trafficking ring involved in this case?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe. But that again raises the question of how they could possibly call this 'isolated', and assure the public that other children are safe. If it turns out that there WAS a ring involved and LE knew or suspected this to be the case, heads should roll. That's inexcusable IMO.

Isolated, because most children's stepmothers wouldn't abduct them from school, regardless of where he ended up. The only reason LE ever said that this case was isolated is because they must have had a pretty good idea of who made Kyron disappear.

Even if there was a ring involved, someone had to offer Kyron to the ring. More than likely, no other parents at Skyline are offering their offspring to a child sex ring. Isolated.

I still don't think they really have a handle on what happened, beyond feeling/thinking that Terri is behind it. I am feeling that they uncovered a lot of seedy, disgusting things that can and do happen to kids, while looking into Kyron's case, without it being anything to do with Kyron. I am not ready to believe he is or was sold into any kind of ring at this point.

I just posted to this on the other thread:

that you'll think about later on when it's over

Yes, and I wish a reporter had followed up with, "Given this information, that you wish you didn't know, do you still believe this was an isolated incident?"

But given the jaw-dropping, it would be hard to think on one's feet to ask that at the time.

Maybe. But that again raises the question of how they could possibly call this 'isolated', and assure the public that other children are safe. If it turns out that there WAS a ring involved and LE knew or suspected this to be the case, heads should roll. That's inexcusable IMO.

I think it's isolated in terms of them thinking this was NOT a random stranger abducting a child. This was a family member either directly or indirectly subjecting Kyron to something horrendous. (MOO)

I am a parent in the area and I've said many times before that I feel my kids are as safe now as they were before Kyron disappeared. That doesn't mean I'm not worried about the evils of the world. :(

BUT many kids don't have that. I've a friend in a juvenile home right now. He's a counselor...the things that he sees with these children as a result of what they've lived through, well, it's so real, so painful, and they never again will be anywhere near complete. And worse, when these children go to in-patient state homes for treatment, the abuse often continues at the hands of staff and nurse. Though not sexual abuse, other forms like emotional abuse. My friend told me of one nurse who calls the kids "f*ckers, b*stards, b*tches," and such to their faces as he dispenses their meds.

OT

As a counselor, your friend is a mandated reporter. I trust he has done so, for the sake of the children, his career and to get that nurse and others like him suspended. People like that have no business in the profession.

/OT

Isolated, because most children's stepmothers wouldn't abduct them from school, regardless of where he ended up. The only reason LE ever said that this case was isolated is because they must have had a pretty good idea of who made Kyron disappear.

Even if there was a ring involved, someone had to offer Kyron to the ring. More than likely, no other parents at Skyline are offering their offspring to a child sex ring. Isolated.

You said it much better! :)

Did anyone hear them say something about following up with Law Enforcement in other Country's after this is all over? Or did I imagine that part. I taped the press conference, have to watch it again later. Dashing off to dinner....

OT

As a counselor, your friend is a mandated reporter. I trust he has done so, for the sake of the children, his career and to get that nurse and others like him suspended. People like that have no business in the profession.

/OT

Of course he has.

You said it much better! :)

No... I think that a local's words are weightier than mine. I'm sad for your hometown that this crime has changed the feeling of security that y'all must have had before this all happened. :(

Shared Hope International is a Vancouver, Washington, organization that's leading a worldwide effort to eradicate the marketplaces of sexual slavery.

View Shared Hope International’s explosive new documentary, featuring investigative footage of the dark and hidden world of sex traffickers, pimps and buyers. DEMAND. exposes the men who buy commercial sex, the vulnerable women and children sold as commodities, and the facilitators of the sale within the marketplace of exploitation.
http://www.sharedhope.org/what/enddemand3.asp

fyi--the linked article with video on the "Staton's Last Comment" thread specifically says that the sheriff's office is NOT scaling back the investigation...

If there is a ring, what if it's just two other people? I tiny ring? Something new, but has been simmering. A situation of escalating risks? Small things are tried, like dipping one's toes in the water. And it grows each time to find out how much more they can get away with. Maybe it's taking a child for one hour and then returning him. Does anyone notice? Then maybe two hours? What happens then? The Expo, the busy day...what if everything built up to the ultimate risk-taking crime?

What if this was a "practiced" abduction, elements of which had been practiced on other children without them realizing it?

From a July 2010 article:

Portland, Ore., is widely featured as a young, green, hip city; it also has gained a reputation as a national hub for child sex trafficking.

State police report encountering three to five trafficking victims a week. Although the Sexual Assault Resource Center, an advocacy group that offers services to Portland-area victims, estimates that it handled 75 cases in 2009, it also says that for every girl in its system 10 more are still being exploited.

"I just believe with my whole heart that people across the community would be appalled if they knew what was going on," said Sgt. Mike Geiger, who heads Portland's sexual assault detail.

snip/

Recent FBI stings gave Portland its much-disputed rating as second in the U.S. for domestic minor sex trafficking. (!!!)

snip/

At Elesia's 13th birthday party, her mother sold her to a man for $5,000 to feed a drug habit. Elesia was given to the man as his personal sex slave. (!!!)

snip/

Stopping child sex trafficking is particularly difficult in Portland.

The port city's easy access from two major highways makes it an obvious hub for the Interstate 5 corridor, a common trafficking route that stretches from California to Washington state. ....Underage victims often are listed online, making them vulnerable to an even wider market.

So much more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...s-dark-world-of-child-sex-trafficking/?page=1

I've thought for awhile that other children may be a key to solving this. I've suspected that other things have happened to other children, not necessarily at Skyline, but at at least one other school. Things that could be explained away at the time. Things that got dismissed, brushed aside, down-played. Things that weren't taken seriously, but should have been. People who looked the other way.

It's always bothered me how quickly little TP's recollections were dismissed by the school spokesman. It leaves me wondering how other children are treated within the district when they report something that is important to them. Children know when they aren't being taken seriously and many will then become quiet.

If it turns out to be someone(s) associated with the school system, it would not surprise me.

My "ring" theory does not include TH being involved.

bbm

I agree. I've wondered about that before, and about the possibility of a coverup or coverups. Especially given history in that area.

"I, like so many others, thought that trafficking was a problem that plagued other countries like Thailand and India, but was oblivious to what was happening right here in our backyard," said Multnomah County Commissioner Diane McKeel, who is spearheading the county's efforts to combat human trafficking and open a shelter for sexual trafficking victims.

Portland has become a center for human trafficking for several reasons, said Keith Bickford, a Multnomah County sheriff's detective who heads the Oregon Human Trafficking Task Force.

The city's proximity to Interstates 5 and 84 as well as two rivers is attractive to traffickers, as is lax sexual trafficking enforcement laws, a legal sex industry, a large population of street kids and Oregon's dependence on seasonal farmworkers, Bickford said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/01/human_trafficking_industry_thr.html

I still don't think they really have a handle on what happened, beyond feeling/thinking that Terri is behind it. I am feeling that they uncovered a lot of seedy, disgusting things that can and do happen to kids, while looking into Kyron's case, without it being anything to do with Kyron. I am not ready to believe he is or was sold into any kind of ring at this point.

With all due respect, dear clu, I think that LE is well aware of the "seedy, disgusting things that can and do happen to kids."

:woohoo: CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT NEW SERVER, TRICIA..!!:woohoo:

I just pray that this is a begining to expose the "underground"... Let the light shine on the darkness... This has to stop... We all know it exist.. and it has to stop...!!

Yes, and I wish a reporter had followed up with, "Given this information, that you wish you didn't know, do you still believe this was an isolated incident?"

But given the jaw-dropping, it would be hard to think on one's feet to ask that at the time.

bbm

Sorry, but have to disagree with the bbm. A follow-up question along those lines *should* be the first instinct and first action by a good reporter. Again, I'm handing out massive "fail" grades for area media. Then again, I just got through watching a station's video that began with the reporter actually "explaining" the scaling down in such a way that he sounds like the sheriff's personal PR agent. Very sloppy, "follow the big dog in case he will leave us a little shred of a bone" type work.

Bad journalism, or no journalism, makes me cranky. Very cranky.

Unfortunately child trafficking increases during high profile events like the Olympics, World Cup and Super Bowl, sad but true.

And if so, how in the world can they call this "isolated" and imply other children are safe????? If I was a parent in that area, I'd be raising hell.

yes and HOW is the school a safe place?
WHAT DOES KAINE know about TERRI???
IIRC Desiree said the emails or something was DISGUSTING!
What is DISGUSTING???? That is what we need to know.
SO....................was Terri into *advertiser censored*? kiddy *advertiser censored*?
If Terri did sexting for fun, maybe she did other things on the side???:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana
Back