Is Elizabeth's Jail Food Cruel & Unusual Punishment?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is Elizabeth's Jail Food Cruel & Unusual Punishment?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 79 89.8%
  • It depends - please post dependencies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just don't know

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now, Elizabeth, if you can tell us what Gabriel has been eating since 12/26/09, we will entertain your issues with your food!

Maybe those little wormy looking things are what Elizabeth thinks are worms?
Actually, what's so bad about worms? I'm sure they contain some nutritional value themselves.

Besides, you can't get more 'organic' than worms. They're sure to be the next new craze out here in California.

~ lol! One of my favorite books when I was a child was called, "How to Eat Fried Worms'. Maybe we should send Elizabeth a copy?

Actually, what's so bad about worms? I'm sure they contain some nutritional value themselves.

Besides, you can't get more 'organic' than worms. They're sure to be the next new craze out here in California.

~ lol! One of my favorite books when I was a child was called, "How to Eat Fried Worms'. Maybe we should send Elizabeth a copy?

:spit:
Friggin genious! I think I know just where to look for that address too. :crazy:

the nutraloaf looks like fish pie, shepherd's pie ...

...british food is also cruel and unusual IMO....

although I am heavily into natural whole organic foods so I kinda agree that the western diet in general is not good and prison food probably even worse than that...

HAHA. I read that book when I was around 7 - while under the obviously mistaken assuption that swear words could not be in books....so when I saw the word....uh, "bad word meaning illegitimate child", I thought that meant it wasnt a swear and promptly started using it prodigiously :biglaugh:

turns out it still wasnt a good word to say :blushing:

That is seriously one of the most disgusting foods I have ever seen!!! She will think twice about squirting cleaning supplies in others faces after this. No mention of her son in her will worries me!!

I guess this makes me SO mad because there are prisoners b*tching & moaning about the type of food they are being given when there are law-abiding citizens & little children who go to bed hungry each & every night...

My Hubby (former soldier) is now a CO at a local prison and I can tell you, for a FACT, that these men have it better than most of the hard working people who live in the same county. They have AC, cable, a full library, a gym, the ability to buy icecream & Coke... Oh yeah, they can get thier college degrees, for free, while in state custody.

I have never heard that prison is supposed to be like a nice little holiday. If you don't want to have to eat the crappy nutraloaf, act right and keep your sorry self out of prison, in the 1st place.

Grrr!

Gosh! Isn't poor 'ittle Elizabeth getting her way in jail? :(

Aaahhhhh....................NOT!:mad:

Temper tantrums won't get you anywhere in the REAL world, especially jail!:rolleyes:

pfftttt,
fran

worms have protein...a little extra nutient I'd say :dance:

Since both the reporter and the anchorwoman ate some on the air, I'm 100% sure they have no worms.

You know, when Elizabeth finds out they proved her wrong, she's gonna be mighty ticked off. Hope they have the windex locked up.

Gosh! Isn't poor 'ittle Elizabeth getting her way in jail? :(

Aaahhhhh....................NOT!:mad:

Temper tantrums won't get you anywhere in the REAL world, especially jail!:rolleyes:

pfftttt,
fran

Sadly, it did get her her way. She is in the psych unit eating regular food.

She should be placed on the loaf for the rest of her life. She'll eventually get used to it.

Here is an old article/video from 2008 in VT. It has the recipe too.

snip...
Food for Thought: Is Nutraloaf Punishment?

South Royalton, Vermont - March 24, 2008

The Vermont Supreme Court has an unusual case to chew on -- whether a special meal provided to prison inmates is punishment.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8061875&nav=menu183_2

video:
http://www.wcax.com/global/video.asp?clipId=2320402&autostart=true

She could have been fed KFC..I really don't care....has this bought us any closer to Gabriel....it just shows it's all about her and to me, why waste the time..JMO

I guess this makes me SO mad because there are prisoners b*tching & moaning about the type of food they are being given when there are law-abiding citizens & little children who go to bed hungry each & every night...

My Hubby (former soldier) is now a CO at a local prison and I can tell you, for a FACT, that these men have it better than most of the hard working people who live in the same county. They have AC, cable, a full library, a gym, the ability to buy icecream & Coke... Oh yeah, they can get thier college degrees, for free, while in state custody.

I have never heard that prison is supposed to be like a nice little holiday. If you don't want to have to eat the crappy nutraloaf, act right and keep your sorry self out of prison, in the 1st place.

Grrr!

This is so true. In a country worried too much about the civil rights of prisoners, it has become a much more pleasant place in jail/prison than it's not for many. I think it's ridiculous. They should not be watching cable tv, wearing make-up, getting haircuts, making several phone calls a day and "grocery shopping". As a single mom, I usually get one meal a day, I'm lucky to get a shower and put on make-up and I couldn't tell you the last time I had a real haircut or was able to talk on the phone or watch tv without interruption. I say feed them all nutraloaf! Maybe if jail/prison was a little tougher, we wouldn't have so many convicts!

I voted no but that doesn't mean it's a pleasant meal. I would go crazy. I know I couldn't eat that but since I am dilligent about the law I hope I would never have to. It meets the nutritional requirements a person needs to stay alive. I guess that is why they call it punishment.

This is so true. In a country worried too much about the civil rights of prisoners, it has become a much more pleasant place in jail/prison than it's not for many. I think it's ridiculous. They should not be watching cable tv, wearing make-up, getting haircuts, making several phone calls a day and "grocery shopping". As a single mom, I usually get one meal a day, I'm lucky to get a shower and put on make-up and I couldn't tell you the last time I had a real haircut or was able to talk on the phone or watch tv without interruption. I say feed them all nutraloaf! Maybe if jail/prison was a little tougher, we wouldn't have so many convicts!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member