Is FCA headed back to Orange County for Probation?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something going on I'm with the forum. I'm going to report it.

sorry for o/t

anybody else have a real boggy time with page loads and connectivity?

Oh good - it's not just me - I can give up smacking my computer screen as I spent 15 minutes watching the whirring after returning a pm..:banghead: It's a bit better now but it had slowed down to a very slow crawl half an hour or so ago.

It is a step in the right direction, IMO, if Casey has to serve a proper probation period. However, it is not enough.

Casey served her sentence for her fraud convictions while she was awaiting trial on murder charges. But, then she was subsequently convicted on four counts of lying to LE and sentenced consecutively to one year in jail on each charge. By my calculation, Casey got out without having to serve that full four-year sentence.

Casey being given credit for all time served was wrong; all of the days she served as sentence for the fraud convictions should have been deducted from the total time served when calculating Casey's release from jail date.

She may balk if she has to do a proper probationary period but, really, probation is not that big a deal. By rights, she should still be in jail serving her sentence for lying to LE. But, she's not. Casey's luck just does not end!

I like to see proof if she paid her 20 bucks each month for the probation. DOC appears to do an embarrassing cover up IMO because they goofed.

Not the middle finger AGAIN.............................:floorlaugh:

On that note.............I wonder if an attny can be held in contempt or be in violation w/ the bar for NOT having his client follow a judge's specific orders.......................I wonder if Mason would be allowed to wear his cowboy boots in jail for contempt of court?

FYI I tweeted Vinnie re my questions.....awaiting an answer and will post upon receiving one!

@VinniePolitan Mason-KC will be a NS for probation & the order is "stupid". Is this contempt IF KC doesn't show in violation of probation?
@VinniePolitan AND can Mason get in trouble for saying the order is stupid and his client will NOT show for probation?

in the order it says casey has received threats and the most "egregious" was attached, but it (and the other exhibit attachments) weren't in the pdf i read. anyone read the motion elsewhere that included these exhibits?

I think the motion has to go before HHSS first, and be denied, before it can go to appellate court. HHSS said he's not coming back to hear it this week, which probably really rotted Mason' socks.
I wouldn't be surprised if they arranged something with her PO so she wouldn't have to report tomorrow.
jmo

OT alert...

I've never heard that expression before and I got a real laugh out loud moment from it. I'm going to file it away for future use. Thanks! :)

Mason says at the end of this raw video, that FCA will not return to FL to report to PO.
he said she's already served her probation and shook his finger for emphasis

well if he shook his finger then he really means it!!!
LOLZ!

I actually find it really interesting - it has got to be something or someone with a bigger "stick" than he has - because a few press conferences done by him would probably have kept interest in FKC whipped up a little higher.

So I'm wondering if he has gotten some kind of notice from either HHJP or from the Bar regarding those contempt of court issues, and he has a date coming soon before one or both of them.

Because we know one thing for sure - Mr. Baez loves his face on a camera....

Great point logicalgirl. The judge did say his court does not issue threats. Which means those contempt charges must be coming down the road, just as you suggest.

I hope you're right. Baez needs to learn from his court behavior and how to represent a client within the bounds of the law. A court of law is a place where everyone has a level playing field. Baez tried to by-pass that idea.
jmo

Yes, knew that and of course it wouldn't do for someone of Mason's stature to actually file his own motion. Did Baez stay at the Bar across the street?

I don't think JB wants any reporters asking him how he manages to get his work done while he's out trying to get million dollar deals for he and his client.

CM claims KC is in danger but then says she's getting checks coming in from supporters. Wonder just how much money is coming in and would this effect her indigency status? jmo

If CM wants to claim on camera that FICA is getting 'donations' from her many followers, then the IRS is going to love that. Cue up the Rolling Stones Can You Hear Me Knockin'....

ETA -

CM claims KC is in danger but then says she's getting checks coming in from supporters.

The answer to that is two fold - if she was A) truly innocent then she'd have nothing to worry about and B) if she's got all those lovely checks laying about she can pay for her own bodyguards. How bout it CM?

OK on this WESH link it keeps saying she is due back Wednesday afternoon. DOC is saying right now they have a court order and are acting on it to get her back with her attorneys. They said unless the order is changed they will ask for a warrant for her arrest if she doesn't appear.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28743793/detail.html

The way I figure 72 hours is Thursday morning at 10am unless the document of the judge was filed before yesterday morning.

from the Orange county Clerk site on the Fraud case

Defendant ANTHONY, CASEY M
Total Financial Assessment 1,143.92
Total Payments and Credits 805.92
Balance Due as of 08/02/2011 338.00

Who paid the $805.92?

Oh boy - good old Mason! He's gotten even better at being worse!

Well, Mr Mason - here's to you and my wish for you.

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Anyone care to join me in raising a ......? And excuse me if I mumble, my mouth is full, while I sing a few bars of:

Should auld acquaintance be forgot......in days of auld lang syne!...

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: Good Times!!!

The more he speaks, and the madder he gets, just makes me think his position is a lot more precarious than he pretends it is. The old "doth protest too much" bit.

Seriously dude, cordial deference and assurance - not this flailing parody of a Simpsons' character.

images

Mason%252520yelling%252520at%252520cloud.png

For BigFatMommyDog...:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads