Is FCA headed back to Orange County for Probation?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just so baffled by Florida, all I have ever heard is, don't get in trouble in Florida, or you'll be sorry. And yet it seems like no one is doing much right in this case. How can it be that time served would calculated incorrectly, if it was, or double credit given, or that probation may or may not have been served while in jail against orders, and then the release date changes from when they first annouce it, and lawyers are not sanctioned for their actions? And perjury is let go by the wayside. And policemen who don't bother looking for a body. I am having trouble thinking of things the state did right in this case...

I am baffled by the absence of Baez however. Absolutely baffled.

I think the only way this is going to fly is if Casey didn't meet all the terms of the probation. For example if random drug testing was ordered and not done. If she was ordered to pay and did not comply. Those sorts of issues. Having a once a month visitor IMO should not qualify for probation.

I just posed this exact same scenario to Mark NeJame on twitter.....she wasn't looking for a job obviously........and I would be willing to bet that she was not drug tested......awaiting a response.

Re Mason's comment re Strickland's "clarification' order being "stupid" and FCA will not report as ordered Mark indicated "There are Florida Bar Rules governing what lawyers can and can't say about judges."

Mark also just posted on twitter: "Just announced @TMZ has spotted #caseyanthony and will be posting pics online tonight. Let's see how long she's got to travel back to Orl" AND "
I'm going to call my contact #TMZ @TMZ and confirm whether this is a true story of #caseyanthony spotting. Will report back when I know."

You can find his comments on twitter at @MarkNeJame

Well, the fact that CM did this on a public sidewalk may be the deciding factor on whether or not the Florida Bar will take any action of consequence. In my State, lawyers are not allowed to break any laws. They can lose their license to practice if they do break laws. It may yet depend on whether or not this is an actual offense in Florida. HHJP thought it meant something egregious.

And after the Bar excused him for doing so in a restaurant, on his own time. Walking to the courthouse to file paperwork for court business and then there goes the finger again. A man in court got into trouble for raising his finger and yet an officer of the court is not held to the same standards. CM was not on court property yet but it is clear that is where he was headed. Either way not a pretty picture. jmo

Didn't HHJP specifically state in open court to Baez that if she is declaring herself indigent that Baez can't represent her anymore??? :waitasec:

mark nejame just said TMZ's paps snapped a pic of CA and they will be posting it tonight.... just to clarify they don't pay for the pictures they have paps take them and TMZ will pay the PAPS - there goes any future if any for the "first picture"

I think the legal basis would be that the Defense is claiming double jeopardy. So they have to prove she did her probation I would think. I'm not a lawyer but if there are terms of the probation that she did not meet maybe the argument for double jeopardy won't be met. Just thinking out loud. :)

well i asked in the lawyer thread so we will see :)

Is it possible...and don't everyone jump on me all at once, please...but is it possible that Baez is distancing himself from Casey now that the trial is over? Like, maybe he just wants to be done with her for good?

mark nejame just said TMZ's paps snapped a pic of CA and they will be posting it tonight.... just to clarify they don't pay for the pictures they have paps take them and TMZ will pay the PAPS - there goes any future if any for the "first picture"

MarkNeJame I'm going to call my contact #TMZ @TMZ and confirm whether this is a true story of #caseyanthony spotting. Will report back when I know. 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

hmm we will see, interesting

Didn't HHJP specifically state in open court to Baez that if she is declaring herself indigent that Baez can't represent her anymore??? :waitasec:

I think that was on the appeal. They will appoint an appellate lawyer. But as far as this matter Cheney Mason still is. I believe this is still related to matters under which Baez would be her attorney.

I think he has been told to step aside because of a conflict of interest. He is marketing Casey and I think that is a problem for him to be a defense lawyer and a marketing agent for her. Guess only.

Didn't the judge tell JB in court the day of the sentencing that he was no longer her attorney. That if she plans on filing for indigency she will need a public defender for her appeal? Technically JB was the only attorney paid by KC for her defense. My other theory is JB's afraid the media will ask him what's up with this $1 mil plus deal for you and KC. Mr. Show Me the Money, himself. jmo

I think that was on the appeal. They will appoint an appellate lawyer. But as far as this matter Cheney Mason still is. I believe this is still related to matters under which Baez would be her attorney.

I think he has been told to step aside because of a conflict of interest. He is marketing Casey and I think that is a problem for him to be a defense lawyer and a marketing agent for her. Guess only.

Now that makes sense.

I am just so baffled by Florida, all I have ever heard is, don't get in trouble in Florida, or you'll be sorry. And yet it seems like no one is doing much right in this case. How can it be that time served would calculated incorrectly, if it was, or double credit given, or that probation may or may not have been served while in jail against orders, and then the release date changes from when they first annouce it, and lawyers are not sanctioned for their actions? And perjury is let go by the wayside. And policemen who don't bother looking for a body. I am having trouble thinking of things the state did right in this case...

Out here they had couselors in the prisons (they worked as P.Os on the outside). there were so many errors on the time release. We have parole here. It can get complicated but these people are paid a very good salary and they don't have much to do at all. They see the inmate once amonth to review their file and keep their time current....even that small of a job gets messed up.l

Oy, me and the snarky comments tonite (and every night)

He's trying to do as much rehab to his image as CFCA . Additionally, I think it's a pretty safe bet that he's under contract somewhere and probably has a clause in the agreement that he is not to appear or to avoid interviews especially anything that would subject him or his new employer to any kind of negative scrutiny.

- except there was that whole Geraldo thing earlier today... hmmmm

In any event - he'll be a talking head within weeks. Look for it.

eta - I agree with the conflict of interest scenario posted above.

He did. But shouldn't that apply to Mason as well?

I applaud your sentiment and couldn't agree more heartily. However, you might want to save the $ .44 as it's my humble opinion that the Florida Bar just doesn't give a damn. After all that has transpired with this case with absolutely no repercussions, I wonder if there even is a Florida Bar or if they have closed shop and not told anyone. :cow:

I have tried 3 different computers, and I am not able to connect to the Florida Bar site. It is my fondest hope that their server has crashed due to a butt-load of people trying to lodge a complaint. I know....I know, but a girl can dream.:innocent:

It's amazing that TMZ got Cindy and George's pics and now Casey, what are the chances ?

It's amazing that TMZ got Cindy and George's pics and now Casey, what are the chances ?

they have a lot of staff- it's what they do.

plus they knew the anthonys were in the bahamas so that part was not really hard to believe.

Baez was her lawyer for the check case though. So not withstanding any other issues as I previously mentioned perhaps, he would be the attorney of record still on the check case.

The only other reason I can fathom is a falling out between him and Casey.

The thing is if Casey was really presented with a paper that said she completed her probation in a satisfactory manner, how could they make her do it again? Even if the state screwed up?

(I think JVM said that such a document exists.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean