Is FCA headed back to Orange County for Probation?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Casey is in any danger. It is no different than anyone else out on the street. Casey doesn't need to be out of state. She could stay holed up in Orange County just as easily as anywhere else.

The minute she left that jail the burden of her protection fell on Casey Anthony and no one else. Of course if she was receiving hate mail or threatened the Sheriff's Office would investigate it just like they do any other ordinary citizen. But, it would be against the law to expend taxpayer money to guard any private citizen.

If vigilantism was a major problem, we would see wholesale slaughter of child molesters due to Megan's Law.There address's are easily obtainable.

Well, this is one Florida resident who has seen the finger of disrespect one too many times. I am so mad and I am going to fire off an email to the Florida Bar with a complaint. Probably won't amount to a hill-of-beans, but it is going to make me feel a whole lot better!

Very commendable! Now can you get other people in Florida to do the same. You people either act to send a message in mass. Or as a mass get stepped on by those who do not have the public's interest ahead of their own. It is choice.

OK I have a question. Why did Baez not participate in today's motion filings? He was at a restaurant right across the street it was reported.

What could the reason be? Could it be considered a conflict because he is trying to market Casey? So he can't be her defense attorney? Or have his issues maybe caught up with him on the sanctions promised by Judge Perry? I think it is very strange that Baez is not in the public eye at all.

Good question because I've been asking that one also. I think this is the first motion I've read for FKC that his signature has not been on it. So what's up here and if he's not representing her anymore, what gives with him giving info to his buddy Geraldo to poison pen all over the place?

I was trying to find out if the calculations used by HHJP/DOC in order to determine KC's actual sentenced prison time off set by various mitigating factors, has ever been released to the public. But had no luck finding it.
I assume that would be available to the public under the Sunshine law, when requested by a Floridian. Does anybody knows if that was ever released?
I am sorry but I have no faith anymore in those clowns that can not even follow/comprehend a fairly simple judge's ruling.

I am finding it very difficult to believe that Judge Perry intended to have Casey's lying to LE sentences run concurrent with the fraud sentences. I believe the judge sentenced Casey to consecutive terms on the lying charges for the sole purpose of having her serve the maximum amount of time he could legally impose. It makes no sense whatsoever to assume he intended the consecutive lying to LE sentences to run concurrent to a prior sentence which by sentencing date she had already served!

OT
I was so upset one day .
Everything was going wrong ..late for appt. driving boys to practice , got my Casey that morning , and was stuck in traffic . A lady cut out in front of me and yelled something so I gave her the finger
Only it had been a while
I was real proud of myself til my son Ryan asked me '
'what was that '?
I gave her the bird I told him
He said
'all you did was point at her ,you are supposed to use your MIDDLE one'

Oh my gosh...that is priceless, truly laugh-out-LOUD hilarious! He's got your number, that's for sure~he would be saying and doing the same thing if he was at my house. My 7 year old grandson asked me the other day if I was still "into that Casey Anthony trial." Thanks so much for sharing this and providing a great chuckle!!!

I get it too. If I'm glued to ANYTHING on TV, my 3 year old says, "stop watching Casey Anthony". Today I was talking about how a good mom would go to visit her son if he was sick, and my 3 year old said, "but not Casey Anthony". This is not a good thing!!

Very commendable! Now can you get other people in Florida to do the same. You people either act to send a message in mass. Or as a mass get stepped on by those who do not have the public's interest ahead of their own. It is choice.

Unfortunately the Florida Bar has already ruled that they don't care what Mason does with his fingers. They do not consider it attorney misconduct.

I thought it was 4 years for lying , the max of 1 year per each count, hence no probation time. The probation time (check fraud) does not get into this equation. AZlawyer and me also, are just wondering if the check fraud sentence was served concurrent with the lying sentence which would be highly unusual.

In this article:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-claims-probation-put-great-peril/story?id=14216159

it says:

"When Strickland sentenced Anthony in January 2010, he ordered her to serve 412 days in jail followed by a year's probation on charges that she stole checks from her friend Amy Huizenga and fraudulently cashed them."

But I'm still confused because I thought she got another few years for the lying charges but they were run concurrently?

Unfortunately the Florida Bar has already ruled that they don't care what Mason does with his fingers. They do not consider it attorney misconduct.

Most respectfully, I am aware of that ruling. But a protest of a wrong ruling is always in order. At any time. How could you protest the ruling BEFORE it came down?

I just decided that I am going with the worst case scenario regarding this "probation muck." I will go with Judge Strickland's order to be overturned, Casey will not have to serve and can continue on with whatever she is doing. If by some chance there is a positive outcome, at least I won't be disappointed. :)

I just decided that I am going with the worst case scenario regarding this "probation muck." I will go with Judge Strickland's order to be overturned, Casey will not have to serve and can continue on with whatever she is doing. If by some chance there is a positive outcome, at least I won't be disappointed. :)

I think I will join you and Misha. I think just the fact that they are all stressing out over it works for me. they thought they were home free... but....

No I don't have a link handy but you may want to look up the statutes in the use of public funds for private purposes.

And this is what the Sheriff's department said when Casey was released.

According to the sheriff's department, the plans for Anthony's release were that she would be driven by jail guards to a secret location away from the grounds, but after that she would be on her own.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-released-jail/story?id=14088658

Well, this is one Florida resident who has seen the finger of disrespect one too many times. I am so mad and I am going to fire off an email to the Florida Bar with a complaint. Probably won't amount to a hill-of-beans, but it is going to make me feel a whole lot better!

CM is a disgusting old fart...I hope the Florida Bar jerks a knot in his bird flippin butt. He's got some serious issues and he needs to quit acting like someone that's in middle school.

Completely agree! The trial was lost based on the Judges bending over backwards to ensure a fair trial ... Over-accommodating her because they knew she was GUILTY.

The A's were enabled and entitled in many ways, like sitting in court everyday while weaving their lies and deceit to fit the play-by-play.

Likewise FCA has been treated with kid gloves in the expectation she was facing LIFE ... This is Celebrity justice at work yet FCA is NO celebrity.

What are we common folks supposed to expect when child killers get every break. No accountability.

Not to mention the jury obviously discussing the trial among themselves and that duct tape with the heart shaped glue residue must have really intrigued them enough for them to request seeing it, however, this was just brushed over by HHJBP and the jury was accommodated. That was a real head scratcher -- did we not hear HHJBP state over and over and over DO NOT discuss the trial amongst yourselves. Exactly what was this all about and Florida's so-called tough justice system. :banghead:

imo

I think it the probation will be overturned also. It was a DOC error. How a person can be supervised to ensure they are integrating back into a law abiding society while in jail is beyond me. I'm sorry to say that I believe this is a day late.

Not to mention the jury obviously discussing the trial among themselves and that duct tape with the heart shaped glue residue must have really intrigued them enough for them to request seeing it, however, this was just brushed over by HHJBP and the jury was accommodated. That was a real head scratcher -- did we not hear HHJBP state over and over and over DO NOT discuss the trial amongst yourselves. Exactly what was this all about and Florida's so-called tough justice system. :banghead:

imo

i'm not arguing this in this thread (or any other thread for that matter) because it is OT and pointless, but i just want to clarify for you and everyone else that it was not the piece of duct tape with sticker residue, it was a piece of cardboard with a puffy heart sticker found 30 feet away from the remains.

Do you have a link to a law that says that?

I don't know off hand but I do know if you are squirrel you can you can get protection. It's the "Wildlife Protection Act." As an LEO my husband said they could not give a private citizen a ride in their patrol cars at the time. They were also not permitted to serve as bodyguards for private citizens for liability reasons. They were permitted to work private security jobs for the city but under the direction of the police department. It just was not allowed so call it a rule, regulation, law, whatever you want....is's just not permitted.

We all heard them say from the media the night KC was released that once she was off their property she was no longer the responsibility of the DOC. jmo

i'm not arguing this in this thread (or any other thread for that matter) because it is OT and pointless, but i just want to clarify for you and everyone else that it was not the piece of duct tape with sticker residue, it was a piece of cardboard with a puffy heart sticker found 30 feet away from the remains.

Respectfully -- you are wrong -- it was INDEED a heart shaped sticker and the sticker was gone, however the glue residue was found on the DUCT TAPE. The person looking at it, however, did not photograph it and after processing, the residue was gone.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20502254,00.html

IMO People Magazine is a trusted source regarding this trial!!

It is just like FCA pulling up to the fast food drive-in and asking ...

I want an order of 'check fraud jail sentences' and an order of 'lying to LE sentences' to go for the price of only one item ... Oh, and can you throw in the 'probation' as well all for the same price of one item? Sure ... You are notorious and faced the DP in solitary so we want to be fair above anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18