Is the fact that Terri hasn't been arrested indicative of lack of evidence?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In answer to the title of this thread ...."yes,that would be correct"....

I agree about Amber's stepfather...I don't think he would have ever been free of suspicion if not for Gardner doing it again, getting caught, etc...and although he probably would not have been arrested, he would be the person that most would come to see as guilty...his wife already had.

While LE may have various e-mails etc. that show Terri to be a mean-spirited stepmother, among other things, unless anything from her computer actually details a crime or her google searches include "how to disappear a child" I think most of the computer stuff would act as back-up to what they hoped might be some physical evidence by now. Not sure how it would stand on its own. Terri certainly is her own worst enemy as far as "looking guilty" but in the ways that don't really pass an evidence test.

I just wonder though- surely she googled SOMETHING. She wasn't smart enough to cease venting to her friends, she probably wasn't smart enough to NOT google something on her computer. Anything- child trafficking, names of people she wasn't sure she should trust, (I google people, esp ones I don't know well), something? She was on the computer so much, surely she entered something in the search feature.

Not enough evidence to assure a conviction doesn't mean LE doesn't have enough evidence to know "who did it".

Very few DAs would be comfortable going to trial without a body, confession, eye witness or the forensics to help prove their case. But, nonetheless, I think LE has come to the conclusions they've come to from following the evidence.

Not enough evidence to assure a conviction doesn't mean LE doesn't have enough evidence to know "who did it".

Very few DAs would be comfortable going to trial without a body, confession, eye witness or the forensics to help prove their case. But, nonetheless, I think LE has come to the conclusions they've come to from following the evidence.

above, respectfully, bbm

They point to one undeniable fact: They lack any physical evidence of Kyron, or physical evidence that links anyone to his disappearance.

Though no physical evidence tied to Kyron's disappearance has been unearthed, searchers have uncovered evidence from unrelated crimes.

"Barring an unexpected evidentiary development," said Norm Frink, Multnomah County chief deputy district attorney, "the investigation is going to continue for months."

I'm not sure how many more ways LE could have put this out there, but just in case some might think it's just Staton saying there is NO EVIDENCE, I will add this comment from the same article:

A grand jury has heard from at least 40 witnesses and continues to meet intermittently.

Sadly, because I would like to know where Kyron is too, if the GJ is still meeting months later and have interviewed that many witnesses and have issued no indictment, I agree with Staton, there is no evidence.

As of this article, that's my position. Frankly, I hope they find some, on someone, somewhere!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/multnomah_county_sheriff_dan_s_2.html

[/b]

above, respectfully, bbm

They point to one undeniable fact: They lack any physical evidence of Kyron, or physical evidence that links anyone to his disappearance.

Though no physical evidence tied to Kyron's disappearance has been unearthed, searchers have uncovered evidence from unrelated crimes.

"Barring an unexpected evidentiary development," said Norm Frink, Multnomah County chief deputy district attorney, "the investigation is going to continue for months."

I'm not sure how many more ways LE could have put this out there, but just in case some might think it's just Staton saying there is NO EVIDENCE, I will add this comment from the same article:

A grand jury has heard from at least 40 witnesses and continues to meet intermittently.

Sadly, because I would like to know where Kyron is too, if the GJ is still meeting months later and have interviewed that many witnesses and have issued no indictment, I agree with Staton, there is no evidence.

As of this article, that's my position. Frankly, I hope they find some, on someone, somewhere!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/12/multnomah_county_sheriff_dan_s_2.html

I specifically said no forensics (physical evidencee). No physical evidence doesn't mean NO evidence.

This morning, I was reminded of how often LE KNOWS "who did it" but has to wait for "more" when Susan Powell's parents were on the Today show. No physical evidence ties Susan Powell's husband to her disappearance. But, Susan Powell's profile (she was a doting mother who wouldn't leave her kids on her own), the lack of individuals with opportunity or the motive to do bad things to Susan Powell, Susan Powell's husband's sketchy story and his behaviors after he reported his wife missing are all EVIDENCE.

In Susan Powell's case, like the Scott Peterson case before Laci was found and like HUNDREDS of other cases including Kyron's...where there is NO body & the disappearer was "tidy", LE can have enough information to "know" without having enough.

That doesn't mean LE doesn't have anything and are not very sure "who did it".

jmo

I still don't understand why the many inconsistencies in Terri's behavior doesn't sound an alarm. Terri drove her flashy Red Squirrel to do errands & whatever. This particular day she REQUESTED the white truck in order to bring back Kyron's Project after school & pick up Kyron. She does neither !!! No Kyron, no project. She is expecting them both on the BUS????
I would have found that Hinky...but that's just me:banghead::banghead: However she does have time to take a photo of Kyron beside his project that day & post it on the internet to show he was @ school for how long? The project & Kyron never make it home,because they were not important for the use of the truck.( More for dumping bodies )

I still don't understand why the many inconsistencies in Terri's behavior doesn't sound an alarm. Terri drove her flashy Red Squirrel to do errands & whatever. This particular day she REQUESTED the white truck in order to bring back Kyron's Project after school & pick up Kyron. She does neither !!! No Kyron, no project. She is expecting them both on the BUS????
I would have found that Hinky...but that's just me:banghead::banghead: However she does have time to take a photo of Kyron beside his project that day & post it on the internet to show he was @ school for how long? The project & Kyron never make it home,because they were not important for the use of the truck.( More for dumping bodies )

I'm sure it does sound an alarm to LE...and may be one more piece of circumstantial evidence if they ever get what they need to move forward. But on its own, it is not much. Even Kaine said it was not unusual for Terri to use the truck.

Great question. IMO it is the innocent person who needs an attorney more than a guilty one. Especially when it is obvious that you are being considered a "defacto" suspect.

Put yourself for a moment in Terri's shoes, after weeks of questioning and re-questioning by LE, add to that being told she failed three LDT's. (Amber duBois' step-father took 10, do you think it was because LE told him he "passed with flying colors"?)

Although they maintained all along that she was thoroughly cooperating, obviously what she told them, was not what they wanted to hear. No one believed her. If you are telling the truth and no one believes you what would you do?

Enter the MFH accusation, that shows up at your doorstep in a RO from your husband, along with the accusation from your husband that LE gave him probable cause to believe you're responsible for Kyron's disappearance, and your husband takes away your youngest child. What would you do? Would you stand by passively, still telling LE and your family that you had nothing to do with it, while while they are railroading you in tandem? I think not.

I know what I'd do. I'd hire my butt the best attorney I could find. I'd feel I was being persecuted to the hilt at that point and I would say to myself:

"Enough already, they are trying to pin Kyron's disappearance on me. I've told them everything I did that day, and they say it doesn't add up, but it does, it's what I did. Is there some time I can't account for, sure, I wasn't looking at my watch all day. Good grief, if I'd planned this, I'd have made for a much better alibi. What do they think I am, a murderer? Why do they think I'd harm Kyron? They're spending all this time on me and they should be out trying to find the real perp! I'm so pissed off, I'm being railroaded because they have no other leads. I've got to get an attorney, now."

And so she does, and guess what the attorney tells her to do? "Yes, Terri, I think you are right, this is a witch hunt. It's apparent you are the focus "defacto suspect" of LE. They have no other leads, you were the last one to see Kyron alive, they have no where else to turn. Shut the **** up! Say no more, because we cannot defend you until we know what we're defending you against."

And that, is where we stand today. Innocent or guilty, if you are suspect of a crime, defacto or otherwise, you need an attorney. In fact, innocent people need a lawyer more because a jury may not automatically find them innocent. Think about it.

In my opinion, if Terri' is guilty, but especially if she's innocent, the smartest thing she's done so far, is hire an attorney and take his advice. JMO

I agree with you on all points except for one- If Terri is innocent, then why isn't she/hasn't she announced her innocence? I am desperate to hear Terri say that she is innocent (obviously, I don't know her, but you know what I mean). Via her lawyer, via the media, via the internet, via the facebook pages- Even in the early stages, why wasn't she screaming it from the rooftop?

I am innocent! Where is my precious step son? Somebody help us!

I am surprised that her lawyer is not making some general statement. But, as far as Terri herself speaking directly to the media or online somewhere, there is no way she is going to do that especially if her lawyer is telling her not to talk as I'm pretty sure she'd be risking losing him. People have lost their representation before when they've gone against their lawyer's wishes. Isn't that how Scott Peterson lost his first attorney? He spoke with Diane Sawyer and then the next thing he had no attorney until Geragos stepped into the picture.

I realize most people could care less whether she has an attorney or not, but I am just saying this seems like the most likely scenario as far as her not publicly speaking. Also, the divorce and custody issues presently in the court may be affecting what they can and can not say publically. We also know that Kaine has stated on several occasions that he couldn't answer certain things either and, of course, there was the whole thing with them screening the questions before the actual interview(s).

I agree with you on all points except for one- If Terri is innocent, then why isn't she/hasn't she announced her innocence? I am desperate to hear Terri say that she is innocent (obviously, I don't know her, but you know what I mean). Via her lawyer, via the media, via the internet, via the facebook pages- Even in the early stages, why wasn't she screaming it from the rooftop?

I am innocent! Where is my precious step son? Somebody help us!

above bbm...

Terri has denied being involved in kyron's disappearance as reported by the Multnomah County Sherrif's Office. Sherrif's quote is bolded.

News Release: Multnomah Co. Sheriff's Office Posted: June 5th 2010 9:06AM

Kyron's stepmother reports she last saw him at approximately 845 AM Friday, walking down the hallway towards his classroom.

Very hinky! I think TMH wanted the truck because it wouldn't stand out. If she had driven her red car with the RDSQRL plates, probably hundreds of people would have remembered seeing it that day.

Just my opinion.

Bumping up.

Here's a thread where all the allegations regarding Terri are discussed.

One thing that has always bothered me is that she did not go to his talent show that afternoon. Am I remembering correctly that Kyron was supposed to take part in the school Talnet Show that day?
Because if so, it is very strange she did not go.

Is it possible to get a list of the 911 calls made on the morning that Kyron disappeared? It could be direct evidence that LE has not made public if someone saw something unusual and called it in.

One thing that has always bothered me is that she did not go to his talent show that afternoon. Am I remembering correctly that Kyron was supposed to take part in the school Talnet Show that day?
Because if so, it is very strange she did not go.

ITA Katydid and no one ever brings it up. I think the truth about that was silenced right away by LE once the media printed Kyron was to perform in it.

I would also bet it was a heavy topic of conversation among the members of LE. eh?

ITA Katydid and no one ever brings it up. I think the truth about that was silenced right away by LE once the media printed Kyron was to perform in it.

I would also bet it was a heavy topic of conversation among the members of LE. eh?

Yes. Most of them are probably parents. They would love to see their kids in a show and probably miss most of them. If a 'stay at home' Mom has the entire day to drive around, shop and go to the gym, what is her excuse about missing a 7 yr olds Talent Show.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/

Even in this year's calendar (2010-2011) it appears the Talent Show is for, primarily, the student body. As I recall, one classmate of Ky's expected Ky to perform with him (her?) in the Talent Show (Okay. Ask me for a link. It'll take me a while ...)

Anyway. The fact TH didn't attend the talent show is ... eh? Yes, TH COULD have attended (if parents were invited) ... and she could have picked up the SF project.
She didn't. She didn't attend the talent show. She didn't pick up Ky's SF project.

That's all we know.

Even in this year's calendar (2010-2011) it appears the Talent Show is for, primarily, the student body. As I recall, one classmate of Ky's expected Ky to perform with him (her?) in the Talent Show (Okay. Ask me for a link. It'll take me a while ...)

Anyway. The fact TH didn't attend the talent show is ... eh? Yes, TH COULD have attended (if parents were invited) ... and she could have picked up the SF project.
She didn't. She didn't attend the talent show. She didn't pick up Ky's SF project.

That's all we know.

We learned about the talent show 2 days after he went missing when a parent, Mrs Schreiber said: "Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

I don't remember much else about discussion of the TS but did find a thread about it: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106937&highlight=talent+show

That's all we know.

Parents are always invited to elementary school talent shows, in my experience. They are the target audience. And MOST parents love to see 7 yr olds perform onstage. So it is unusual imo that she would skip it, especially since she had no big alternative plans.

That's all we know.

Hi Shadowboy, I remember seeing a photo taken by Terri of a previous assembly or show where Kyron performed, singing with his class on stage. The baby was in the photos. If she would go to that show why wouldn't she go to this one in June?

I think her not attending is one thing that must have turned an eye of LE and put Terri in the center of it. It would have given her some credence if she had at least showed up. To not show up says there was no need as she knew he wouldn't be there. It could be one of those 'Monk' type clues in this case that eventually will help solve it. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back