Is there any possibility of a Plea Deal on the Murder Charges?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think this case will end in a plea agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • no

Votes: 100 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even if the State is playing a game of 'chicken' by saying the duct tape could have been the murder weapon, in the hopes that she'll stand up and say that wasn't what happened, and here's the truth, and she really and honestly told the truth, she STILL has nothing to offer the State. There's nothing she can say or do at this point that makes it any less unimaginable what she has done.

To be honest, I don't even see what LWOP has to offer her over the DP. What's so great about going out in general population knowing that any second somebody's going to come up behind you and hit you over the head with a rock because you're that low of on the totem pole to them? What's so great about baloney and grits which she hates, three times a day every day for another 70 years? It's not like she'll use that time to get closer to God, or to crack a book and actually learn something and grow and contribute anything to anyone. I'm willing to bet she can't even fold a fitted sheet without blaming somebody else for the corners not lining up.

Wow do I sound angry, like, her life is so meaningless I can't just get any uglier about it.

No, I don't. She has nothing to offer the Prosecution at this point.

Unfortunately, she does have something to offer. If they continue this trial and she is convicted as I hope she is, she will go through appeal after appeal. And guess who gets to pay? The taxpayers of Florida, who are sick to death of this money pit and her defense team. At least a plea with stop the money that is being spent on her behalf.

No plea deal for ICA. It looks like there will be a conviction of murder I. She would get the DP but I think the jury will have sympathy for Cindy & George. I see no reason for the State to bargain.

She may be seeking one, but the state has no reason to give her one and if they did it would not play will with the taxpayers who have already paid for this thing.

It does seem like the state has presented a very strong case.

If this post belongs somewhere else, please move it to its appropriate place.

If the possible recess today is due to a pending plea deal, how do you think this will affect JB's future as an attorney, possible tv talk show, etc. Would a plea deal count as a win for JB?

Also, I just do not understand how anyone (of any nationality) would consider giving JB a talk show because he hasn't proven himself to be legally literate, articulate, or legally experienced. He doesn't distingquish himself as an expert (you need to be knowledgable, experienced and esteemed in your field)so why a talk show? What are the elements of JB that GR uses to support him having a talk show?

Could a plea deal hurt JB's chances for a career in "entertainment" news, etc?

TIA!

Sincerely,
BeagleMom

If this post belongs somewhere else, please move it to its appropriate place.

If the possible recess today is due to a pending plea deal, how do you think this will affect JB's future as an attorney, possible tv talk show, etc. Would a plea deal count as a win for JB?

Also, I just do not understand how anyone (of any nationality) would consider giving JB a talk show because he hasn't proven himself to be legally literate, articulate, or legally experienced. He doesn't distingquish himself as an expert (you need to be knowledgable, experienced and esteemed in your field)so why a talk show? What are the elements of JB that GR uses to support him having a talk show?

Could a plea deal hurt JB's chances for a career in "entertainment" news, etc?

TIA!

Sincerely,
BeagleMom

I think they're thinking that JB could do a show on fake fannies who are "falsely accused, minorities, women who are crazy, and OJ Simpson". They would pitch the show to the Latin-American population/community which is growing very quickly here in the US.

I think a plea deal MAY be on the table right now causing the delay. Here's why....

- primary defense theory is sexual abuse of ICA
- Lee can no longer testify to that (and be believed) after not pulling the trigger yesterday
- GA has denied on the stand that he ever abused ICA, can't change it now
- CA has been on the stand multiple times and can't now suddenly bring it up and be believed
- ICA is the ONLY one who can now testify in order to bring in the abuse but has NO credibility
- CM is more experienced than JB in DP cases
- CM's whole role in this trial is to avoid the DP. He's an opponent of the DP
- CM was seen talking alone with ICA in her holding cell this AM
- CM was the one who instigated the sidebar that quickly went to chambers
- unusually, ICA removed to chambers with the lawyers
- CM heard yelling (possibly at JB and ICA) in chambers
- SA rather pleasant, while DT rather solemn after court adjourned today

Perhaps CM (behind JB's back) went to see ICA this AM to convince her that this was getting serious and a plea deal was in her best interest.

I think a plea deal MAY be on the table right now causing the delay. Here's why....

- Lee can no longer testify to that (and be believed) after not pulling the trigger yesterday
- CA has been on the stand multiple times and can't now suddenly bring it up and be believed
- ICA is the ONLY one who can now testify in order to bring in the abuse but has NO credibility

Perhaps CM (behind JB's back) went to see ICA this AM to convince her that this was getting serious and a plea deal was in her best interest.

Well, when you put it that way, I think you might be right.

No plea because she claims she is innocent and she did nothing wrong.

I don't think the court stopping today is because of a possible plea deal. I fear that maybe there has been contact either with the judge or the defense team with Dr. Rodriquez or his superiors and something has come to light that implies the prosecutors have done something that influenced the witness supplying his testimony in it's entirity. I hope I am wrong! I have looked at all the other possiblilities and this one fits for me.

Chaney Mason asked for the meeting in chambers. Perhaps he put in a call to Dr. R or his bosses late yesterday and they returned his call or email while they were in chambers prior to the last meeting.

If this is the case, it is huge!

Also, the fact that the prosecution seems to have failed to turn over discovery that goes directly to the defense of Casey is a possiblity.

I hate to see this trial end without a verdict. My heart and mind won't take another month of this.

Just watched this AM again. Interestingly...

- After CM calls the sidebar KC and all her lawyers leave to have a private tête-à-tête.
- KC comes back in crying.
- The SA and the DT have a private chat without HHJBP or the court reporter. CM does the talking while JB looks mad.
- Everyone then heads to chambers.

More and more I'm thinking it's a plea deal in the making. The defense sees the writing on the wall.
-

RT @VinniePolitan: NO PLEA DEAL... My pal Jean Casarez spoke with Cheney Mason to confirm! RT to end the speculation!

Vinnie Politan just tweeted No to the plea...that much they know.. The rest is under seal so he said someone would have to violate a court order to leak it...

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
NO PLEA DEAL... My pal Jean Casarez spoke with Cheney Mason to confirm! RT to end the speculation!

twitter via vinnie

NO PLEA DEAL... My pal Jean Casarez spoke with Cheney Mason to confirm! RT to end the speculation! #CaseyAnthony #HLN
24 minutes ago

Whatever the issue is it is "UNDER SEAL" so someone would have to violate a court order and leak the info for us to find out!
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

RT @VinniePolitan: NO PLEA DEAL... My pal Jean Casarez spoke with Cheney Mason to confirm! RT to end the speculation!

Hmmmmm. Interesting! Don't know if I totally believe it until Monday though. :waitasec:

The DT looked somber and afraid at the end yesterday, and JA and LKB appeared serene. ICA looked very thoughtful and nervous. Based on the total absence of smugness from ICA and the DT I think it is extremely safe to say that whatever is going on is not a victory for them. If it were, JB's glee would have been uncontainable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back