Is there anyone that believes Ross is innocent?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Life insurance was reported to total 30K - not enough to start a new life. Guys like Peterson tend to kill the wife - we may never know why Ross did what he did, but it wasn't so he could live the "double life" he was already living. There is still a missing piece.

Life insurance was reported to total 30K - not enough to start a new life. Guys like Peterson tend to kill the wife - we may never know why Ross did what he did, but it wasn't so he could live the "double life" he was already living. There is still a missing piece.

I still believe he forgot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know people who know him and know a # of people who live in the area that believe he had a total lapse in memory. I tend to believe this and think he had some type of drug problem and obviously a sex addict. The prosecution piled on the evidence of his horrendous character and coupled with the evidence it convicted him. If the prosecution felt this was done on purpose he should have been tried with the death penalty. I did not see a shrivel of evidence pointing that he was a cold blooded murder. I saw plenty of evidence that he was an irresponsible sex addict that was so obsessed with his online dual life that there is a way he could have completely zoned out that day. Still the evidence where he went back to the car at lunch is just something the defense team could not explain.

I know people who know him and know a # of people who live in the area that believe he had a total lapse in memory. I tend to believe this and think he had some type of drug problem and obviously a sex addict. The prosecution piled on the evidence of his horrendous character and coupled with the evidence it convicted him. If the prosecution felt this was done on purpose he should have been tried with the death penalty. I did not see a shrivel of evidence pointing that he was a cold blooded murder. I saw plenty of evidence that he was an irresponsible sex addict that was so obsessed with his online dual life that there is a way he could have completely zoned out that day. Still the evidence where he went back to the car at lunch is just something the defense team could not explain.

Thanks for posting about the view of "a lot of " people who actually know RH, that they believe Cooper's death was an accident. Cooper's mother, his grandparents on both sides, RH's attorneys, Ms. Meadows the motive, and from what can be known, virtually if not all RH's friends and family also believe it was an accident. I do as well.

I firmly believe no jury would have found RH guilty of malice murder had Judge Staley's rulings been impartial, and had jurors not been exposed to overwhelming pretrial publicity, much of it inaccurate, most of it highly prejudicial.

I'm sure these jurors believed they could put aside what they thought they knew. I don't believe it was possible for them to do so, and their contradictory verdict - guilty of negligence AND premeditation suggests to me they did not, making them all the more receptive to believing RH was capable of killing his own son.

Still, I'll always be baffled the State was successful in repackaging the tarnished goods LE had peddled to a magistrate to obtain search warrants, and presenting them to the jury as " evidence" of intent.

I wish Mr. Kilgore best of luck in having RH's convictions overturned on appeal, and that RH is retried with the minors charges severed, as they should have been in this trial.

I listened to the podcast about the case, it is called 'Breakdown', and my takeaway from it all is that it was an accident....yet, I agree with the guilty verdict. I knew little of this case other than thinking it was super suspicious and so odd that the mother had zero emotions at Cooper's memorial and that bizarre speech. So I thought back then, that's fishy. I forgot abut the case and came upon this podcast. It went into extreme detail of the entire case. Courtroom testimony, independent research (for example, how long exactly was the drive from the Chik-Fil-A to the intersection where he had to make the choice to go to work or to daycare) etc.. The host of the podcast was objective and at times even took apart the prosecutions case and pointed out how biased they were against Ross. In any case, finding out that he was sexting with 6 women that day, even at breakfast with little Cooper, this was a giant case of DISTRACTION, preoccupied with this unrelenting sexting and hooking up and sex and *advertiser censored*. That, was a choice. If that was not on his brain perhaps he would have paid more attention to where he was going that morning. I understand plenty of parents that had this happen to them (leaving their child in the car) deviate from a routine and go on auto-pilot forgetting that they had the child in the car. That could have happened here as well.......I don't want to punish him for sexting, but to me it was a contributing factor in him forgetting his son in the car. So he's innocent in that it was not intentional, but he's not innocent for neglect.

I've gone back and watched his interview at Cobb HQ, this time assuming that Ross never thought he'd be charged with murder. Under that scenario everything makes more sense - it explains why he didn't cover his tracks and it makes his throwing the receipt away look really bad. He knew his trip to the car at lunch would hang him, but he never imagined the police would dig that deep.

Does anyone know why Ross' parents didn't testify, and why his brother has a different last name?

I've gone back and watched his interview at Cobb HQ, this time assuming that Ross never thought he'd be charged with murder. Under that scenario everything makes more sense - it explains why he didn't cover his tracks and it makes his throwing the receipt away look really bad. He knew his trip to the car at lunch would hang him, but he never imagined the police would dig that deep.

Does anyone know why Ross' parents didn't testify, and why his brother has a different last name?

They are half brothers. Hence, different last names.

I am not sure why his parents didn't testify.

I agree about him not thinking he would be charged with murder.

$30 may not be enough for you to commit murder, but it's certainly attractive enough for some people. Besides, he's demonstrated a narcissistic personality much like Jodi Arias. Taking selfies in a bathroom, really?
Killing the kid also allows him to permanently ditch the wife and job as well.

I still believe he forgot.

I don't, it was too short a space of time from when he made a point to kiss him, and there wasn't enough physical distance in the car to do so. I think "forgetting" was a convenient excuse that couldn't be proved.

I just explained this to my husband. I think the prosecution wasn't as confident in charging him that they could get a DP conviction because of the beliefs you stated. Murder made to look like an accident fools alot of people into believing this was just another accidental case of a parent negligently forgettting their child. But to have kissed him (like Casey Anthony did), taken him for a last meal, using a car seat too small so that he couldn't escape when they had just bought a bigger one, parking in a spot you don't normally park in in the sun is just all too fishy- especially when affairs are involved and life insurance.

I think the jury got it right. This was murder made to look like an accident(negligence). It wasn't a case of Wrongful Conviction of the wrong person. So what if the judge was biased towards the prosecution? In Jodi Arias's case, everyone claimed the judge was biased towards the defense. In both cases, I believe the Death Penalty was warranted, but I'll be satisified that some justice has been served, as the murders will do subtantial time (potentially life) behind bars.

I don't, it was too short a space of time from when he made a point to kiss him, and there wasn't enough physical distance in the car to do so. I think "forgetting" was a convenient excuse that couldn't be proved.

Only if you believe he kissed Cooper. Only if you believe he was paying much, if any, attention to Cooper that morning. RH's text and online records strongly suggest RH wasn't paying much attention to Cooper that morning at all, not from the time Leanna left all the way through their trip to CFA.

It's interesting that anyone thinks RH is believable when he told LE about kissing Cooper, and about hot car deaths being his greatest fear, and about his thinking of Cooper when he watched the vet video, and about this death being his worst fear come true, but ....not about what else he said to LE.

What he told LE makes complete sense when one sees a man who didn't have any intention of harming his son, but who knew he was negligent that morning, and knew as well the police already had possession of the evidence (his phone) that could send him to prison for years for crimes he had committed - sexual exchanges with minors.

Exactly! That's been driving me crazy and Mr Kilgore was negligent for not bringing it up - they totally believe Ross kissed Cooper and he said "school," but that he's a pathological liar.

In the end, though, there's no way around the post-lunch visit to the car. To believe everything else that happened was coincidence and accident, it's just too much to add a living child, left in a car for three hours, wasn't kicking up a fuss when Ross opened door. The receipt and stammering about what he did after lunch almost makes it as bad Jodi's third gas can. Compare Ross when he thinks the interview with Stoddard is just a formality, to when he's trying to bargain his way out of going to the clink for 30 days. He switches his demeanor faster than I think is possible for a normal person - there is something really dark going on that goes way beyond sexting.

The audio and the video did him in.

There are several wtf moments that come to mind, but the first one right now is the lunch visit to the car. Okay, so maybe he did just toss the bulbs in for convenience sake rather than bring them into the office or put them in his bag. And maybe Cooper was dead or unconscious and not making a sound. And maybe there was no way to the hot stale urine in the brief opening of the door. But watch Ross after he starts to walk away and hesitates to look back at a passerby who looks like he may be getting close to his car. Why the interest?

And then there's Ross in the squad car minutes after he has supposedly learned for the first time that his only child was dead, nonchalantly asking the young, blonde female officer, "So, how long you been in law enforcement?" Like he was hitting he up in a bar. She was stunned.

I could go on and on. But those two stand out in my mind right now.

He's not innocent.

Only if you believe he kissed Cooper. Only if you believe he was paying much, if any, attention to Cooper that morning. RH's text and online records strongly suggest RH wasn't paying much attention to Cooper that morning at all, not from the time Leanna left all the way through their trip to CFA.

It's interesting that anyone thinks RH is believable when he told LE about kissing Cooper, and about hot car deaths being his greatest fear, and about his thinking of Cooper when he watched the vet video, and about this death being his worst fear come true, but ....not about what else he said to LE.

What he told LE makes complete sense when one sees a man who didn't have any intention of harming his son, but who knew he was negligent that morning, and knew as well the police already had possession of the evidence (his phone) that could send him to prison for years for crimes he had committed - sexual exchanges with minors.

So in defense of Ross. you have to paint him as a negligent, deceitful father, who ignored his son while sexting, then lied to the cops to try and avoid detection, making up a story about kissing his son, in case they both died. Sounds like he deserves to spend time in prison even if what you say about him in his defense is true.

The audio and the video did him in.

There are several wtf moments that come to mind, but the first one right now is the lunch visit to the car. Okay, so maybe he did just toss the bulbs in for convenience sake rather than bring them into the office or put them in his bag. And maybe Cooper was dead or unconscious and not making a sound. And maybe there was no way to the hot stale urine in the brief opening of the door. But watch Ross after he starts to walk away and hesitates to look back at a passerby who looks like he may be getting close to his car. Why the interest?

And then there's Ross in the squad car minutes after he has supposedly learned for the first time that his only child was dead, nonchalantly asking the young, blonde female officer, "So, how long you been in law enforcement?" Like he was hitting he up in a bar. She was stunned.

I could go on and on. But those two stand out in my mind right now.

He's not innocent.

Honestly, the parking lot video was not clear enough to know for sure he turned. Not sure if you've ever tried to text when you are walking but it can be tough.... especially when you have parked and moving cars to maneuver through. Not a stretch to believe that was why he stopped. Plus he stopped twice - the second time he clearly didn't turn around which lends credence to my point.

So in defense of Ross. you have to paint him as a negligent, deceitful father, who ignored his son while sexting, then lied to the cops to try and avoid detection, making up a story about kissing his son, in case they both died. Sounds like he deserves to spend time in prison even if what you say about him in his defense is true.

Don't think anyone would argue he should spend lots of time in prison. The question is whether he intentionally killed his child or not.

Don't think anyone would argue he should spend lots of time in prison. The question is whether he intentionally killed his child or not.

I can't say with total certainty that he did so intentionally. But I was not there at the trial and privy to the evidence they were shown and experienced. I support the jurors decision.

In my gut, I feel like he did it intentionally. I think he made an impulsive decision, to do something evil that he had thought about for quite awhile.

If I am wrong, and it was not intentional, then I still believe he needed to do some heavy time because he was totally negligent. No one should forget about their child within 60 seconds of buckling them in the car. He is to blame, intentional or not. jmo :cow:

I can't say with total certainty that he did so intentionally. But I was not there at the trial and privy to the evidence they were shown and experienced. I support the jurors decision.

In my gut, I feel like he did it intentionally. I think he made an impulsive decision, to do something evil that he had thought about for quite awhile.

If I am wrong, and it was not intentional, then I still believe he needed to do some heavy time because he was totally negligent. No one should forget about their child within 60 seconds of buckling them in the car. He is to blame, intentional or not. jmo :cow:

Pretty much agree exactly except my gut tells me he didn't intentionally do it. I can see why people believe otherwise though. He's seems like a very strange person and the defense, nor Ross himself, didn't do much to convince us otherwise.

He was also found guilty of negligence. If someone dies due to your felony negligence in Georgia, it's felony murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper