ISAAC - Information and Support for Gulf Coast Residents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sounds to me that after Katrina they put a lot of money into New Orleans Levees but not into those villages outside of it.

Gov. Jindal speaking at presser right now. Speaking very quickly, actually, or I'd be blurbing it.

Matthew Keys ‏@ProducerMatthew
Just in: WWL-TV - Governor Jindal says officials will breach the Tangipahoa Dam to relieve pressure

This is where I am, and there is none of that in my neighborhood yet. My electricity has blinked a couple of times, but that is all. I am not out where I can see any damage, of course.

Thanks for the update!

In So.Fla. we got like three times more rain after the storm had passed.

Presser at 2 p.m. CDT with Gov. Jindal and Tangipahoa Parish President Gordon Burgess.

Power just came back on. Thanks to the hard work of Entergy employees!

I'm happy to report we are all safe. Not much damage. A few large limbs down out of our Live Oaks but thank God they fell on ground and not the house.

Time to clean up and get back to the real world.

I pray everybody is safe.

Extremely mixed messages in media coverage in part due to Gov. Jindal's initial briefing: is the dam about to break? not? Are they going to attempt a partial breach? If dam is not in imminent danger, why are 50k+ residents in MS and LA being asked to evacuate? Via MSM and social media: much confusion. Jindal spoke rapidly and only dealt with Tangipahoa Parish's Percy Quin Dam situation at the start, attempting to cover the situation in the state in its entirety during the rest of briefing. Confusion reigns.

Prayers for LA and MS.

The Parish schools where I live are closed both tomorrow and Friday in anticipation of flooding, winds and power outages.

I, however, teach at a private school and we have decided to remain open. :(

So I am in for a restless night of listening to the wind howl and rain pelt. And then I get to hydroplane my way in to school! Woo hoo! ;)

And I am sure only half of my class will be there, if that. :p

AND... the kidlets will probably be fairly antsy.. and not as "teachable" as usual! :skip: :skip: <<<<<< students :smile:

(This from retired teacher of 23 years! :wink: )

Ashley Rodrigue &#8207;@ashleyrWWL
Robert Supermarket is shutting down for the Tangipahoa River evacuation. Owner says he got 4 ft in 1983 so he's closing up shop.

*Updated 12:45 p.m*
Tangipahoa Parish says MEMA told them that dam breach is imminent. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said an intentional breach will be made between 2-3 p.m. to alleviate pressure. The dam is in imminent danger of failing, which could send 17 feet of water to Kentwood within 90 minutes, Jindal said, in a press briefing. (ClarionLedger.com)
http://tinyurl.com/cvrfkwg

I am checking in, and thinking of all of you in Isaac's path!

:grouphug:

IHNC

Report on WWLTV from Belle Chasse, Plaquemines Parish, says water deeper and further up Highway 23 than during Katrina.

Michelle Millhollon &#8207;@MMillhollon
GOHSEP: Breaching the Pike County dam would impact 20 homes in Mississippi, save Tangipahoa Parish homes from flooding. #Isaac
Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (LA)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back