Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, what utter ignorance. The last time I saw President Carter was when I took him to the Erez Crossing where he went into Gaza to plant a fir tree from Lebanon to symbolize peace. As a U.S. official, I couldn’t go with him. No one spoke up for the Palestinian people as Carter.

Ignorance... excellent word choice!! Or just plain mean?

jmo

I don't understand why Hamas would block humanitarian aid, when I thought such aid was one of their demands. Explanation, please?
To deal with information emanating from a war zone (or anywhere, really) one must seek to view the larger picture presented from different sources for information.
One cannot expect information coming from protagonists to be accurate without verification from other independent sources being factored into the equation.

Hamas delays second hostage release until Israel lets aid into northern Gaza

Reuters
Nov 25 (Reuters) - The armed wing of the Palestinian militant group Hamas said on Saturday that it had decided to delay the second round of hostage releases until Israel is committed to letting aid trucks enter northern Gaza.

I love how Hamas keeps changing the rules, as they go. Reminds me of playing cards with my in-laws...
I think you will see it more in the next day or so. Hamas needs to ration and stretch out the remaining hostages to keep the cease fire in place as long as possible. We don't know how many live hostages they have, probably not that many. So then will need excuses for not turning them over or for turning over 1-2 instead of 10 at a time etc.

To deal with information emanating from a war zone (or anywhere, really) one must seek to view the larger picture presented from different sources for information.
One cannot expect information coming from protagonists to be accurate without verification from other independent sources being factored into the equation.

Hamas delays second hostage release until Israel lets aid into northern Gaza

Reuters
Nov 25 (Reuters) - The armed wing of the Palestinian militant group Hamas said on Saturday that it had decided to delay the second round of hostage releases until Israel is committed to letting aid trucks enter northern Gaza.
Sometimes it's hard to believe the words of Hamas considering they're pedophiles, rapists, and murderers. But hey, you do you.

Damn, what utter ignorance. The last time I saw President Carter was when I took him to the Erez Crossing where he went into Gaza to plant a fir tree from Lebanon to symbolize peace. As a U.S. official, I couldn’t go with him. No one spoke up for the Palestinian people as Carter.

What's sad is the dead can't even just be buried in peace. Even if there was some reason that people were offended by Mrs. Carter, what does protesting at a funeral do? It just traumatizes the family members. A funeral is not for the dead, it's for the living. Even the dang terrorists should be able to be buried without a show.

People have just lost their minds. Nothing is sacred anymore, nothing is off limits it seems, just so much chaos and it all feels misplaced. This accomplishes nothing toward any agenda, it gets no good attention, but maybe that is it.. they don't want good attention. They just want to cause others more pain.

Tensions are escalating between Gazan refugees and Hamas terrorists in Khan Yunis, as residents of the Gaza Strip were witnessed beating a Hamas policeman caught stealing food from the sections designated for humanitarian aid.
I wish there was a way to communicate with them directly. If they just stand up to HAMAS, they can have a better/different life. What HAMAS has done to them is NOT right.. the world doesn't agree with it, we aren't against those that truly do not support HAMAS. We want to help them, not hurt them.

Perhaps as things go on, they will begin to see even more just how corrupt HAMAS has been to them all before Oct 7th.. withholding the aid meant for them, building these terror tunnels and using their hospitals and schools as operating grounds for their terror, brainwashing their children, using them and their children as human shields instead of encouraging them to go to safety.. keeping them in harms way.

The deserve SO much better than that. The government should be giving to the people and waiting till last, not taking from them to hoard it all for themselves.

What's sad is the dead can't even just be buried in peace. Even if there was some reason that people were offended by Mrs. Carter, what does protesting at a funeral do? It just traumatizes the family members. A funeral is not for the dead, it's for the living. Even the dang terrorists should be able to be buried without a show.

People have just lost their minds. Nothing is sacred anymore, nothing is off limits it seems, just so much chaos and it all feels misplaced. This accomplishes nothing toward any agenda, it gets no good attention, but maybe that is it.. they don't want good attention. They just want to cause others more pain.

They are taking advantage of the media attention, and showing dishonor for one of our nation's great First Ladies. All our living First Ladies are reported to be there, including some of their spouses. So they know that the nation's media, and international media, will be covering the event.

They have no respect for the dead or the living.

How many terrorist "factions" are operating in Gaza?? Who holds the Bibas family members?? Why were they sold to another faction? How many factions is IDF having to fight in this war??!!
I only know of three: Hamas, Islamic Jihad and a re named "Popular Front" type group- descended from the secular groups in the 1980s. There could well be others though.

Then factor in lone wolves and improvised wolf packs who also joined the attack once Hamas opened it up to anybody willing and able.

As to why Hamas transferred them.... Hamas is by far the largest group. As a result, one would think that the hostages would "flow up" to Hamas if demanded. But.... I can hazard some guesses as to the down ward flow:

- The small secular group (founded by George Habash) is reported to have successfully over run an Israeli military compound. They might not of continued the attack into civilian areas. Thus, they might not have hostages to negotiate for the release of their members. Hamas then gifts them a few hostages as a "thank you" for participating?

- Hamas had received assistance from an olde fashioned mafia family. Perhaps such a mafia family had helped with smuggling in weapons. Hamas then gifts them a few hostages to allow them to negotiate for any olde fashioned criminal members in Israeli jails?

Hamas releases footage of today’s hostage release. Beyond the shouting and jeering from the crowd of Gazans, a clear effort to portray unity between Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
This is disturbing on so many levels.

WHY are there children in this crowd? Imaging bringing your children to see this?

Every time I watch one of these videos my stomach feels sick. Happy for the hostages, but to see those that are responsible for Oct 7th. It's all just disturbing.

Well there is the video of the Hamas attackers beheading the Thai worker with a garden hoe on Oct 7.
Hamas is Sunni (sort of Evangelical Protestant). Iran is Shia (sort of Catholic). Thus, Iran is not going to have the same level of control over Hamas as they do Hezbollah (also Shia).

In the end, Hamas might not have been so readily inclined to spare Thais per a possible Iranian request.

Apparently Biden was there. They were shouting "Biden, Biden, you can't hide...."

Still, I find the whole thing totally annoying, loud, and tasteless and waste of hot air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosey2b