Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Gardenista. I hadn't heard this story either, and just listened. Pitiful. MOO

This is the closest Israeli hospital to Gaza. They receive Palestinian patients from Gaza - between 10 and 15 on a regular day.

Hamas rockets hit the hospital four times, destroying the bridge that connects the old and new hospital, and took five of their operating theaters out of action.

Hamas also hit their institute that treats children with development problems, on the same day the Al Ahli hospital was hit by a misfired Hamas rocket.
BBM Of course, you hadn’t heard about it. Israel doesn’t parade its’ injured and mutilated like circus monkeys, like Hamas does.

The IDF and the Shin Bet security forces liquidate the commander of the Shuja’iyya battalion affiliated with the terrorist organization Hamas, called Wissam Farhat.

Farhat assumed command of the battalion starting in 2010 and also led it in Operation Protective Edge (2014), during which he led saboteurs and members of the battalion in battles that took place in the neighborhood, including the incident of burning and destroying the military armored vehicle that left six IDF soldiers dead. Israeli.

Farhat also participated in planning the brutal attack on Israeli territory on October 7, knowing that he sent saboteurs from Hamas’ elite unit that day towards Kibbutz Nahal Oz and the site adjacent to it.

Since the beginning of the fighting, the IDF and the Shin Bet have inflicted severe damage on the capabilities of the Hamas Shujaiya Brigade, starting with the elimination of its senior leadership and ending with the destruction of its infrastructure and combat means.

42min ago

Netanyahu: Israel will not halt Gaza war until all goals achieved

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says that the only way to achieve Israel’s goal of destroying Hamas is through the continuation of the IDF’s ground invasion of Gaza

Netanyahu, speaking at a press conference, says the war will continue until this goal is achieved, adding that he will also continue to work toward freeing the hostages still held by Hamas in Gaza

“We will do everything to bring them home, to complete that mission but also to destroy Hamas, and to ensure that Hamas will never be a threat to us anymore and that there will be no group threatening Israel from Gaza,” says the prime minister during a press conference.

[...]

He hails the deal that enabled the return of over 100 hostages in the past week — “we brought them from darkness into light,” he says. And he laments those killed and those who have not yet been brought home.

The deal was negotiated with “the devil,” he says of Hamas, and it secured the freedom of double the number of hostages than initially proposed. “But the mission is not over… I promise we will do everything to get everybody back.”

He reiterates his three declared goals for the war — returning the hostages, defeating Hamas, and ensuring that Gaza cannot constitute a threat to Israel in the future.

[...]

8min ago

Top Hamas official says hostage talks off until war ends

[...]

Al-Arouri claims that Hamas has released all the women and children kidnapped on October 7 as well as all the foreign prisoners, and that the remaining hostages in its hands are all soldiers or former soldiers.

Israel says Hamas continues to hold 15 women and two small children who were to be released under a truce deal, which ended Friday.

Remaining hostages include soldiers as well as older men, some of whom still serve in the IDF reserves, Al-Arouri claims.

[...]

Al-Arouri insists that the only way for Israel to free its hostages is by releasing all Palestinian prisoners, reiterating a demand the terror group has been making since the start of the war.

[...]

The terror chief says Hamas is ready to exchange bodies of Israeli hostages for bodies of Hamas terrorists held by Israel, but that it needs time to exhume the dead Israelis – who it claims were all killed in IDF bombardments.

Following Thursday’s shooting attack by two Hamas members at a bus stop at the entrance to Jerusalem in which four Israelis were killed, al-Arouri says that Hamas is confident that after Jerusalem, the West Bank will soon join the battle.

RSBM
RBBM
Thank you for reading and quoting a knowledgeable person on the ground. I don't know as much as I should about the whole historical background on both sides, so grateful to those on the forum like yourself who are naming people on the ground who do.
I certainly wouldn’t call myself an expert on the history either. Baskin’s perspective is unique, because he did try to negotiate for many years with Hamas, and finally quit trying after they made that infamous declaration that they would keep doing what they did on October 7 again and again. He wrote an open letter to one of the Hamas deputy ministers about it.. linked below.

I hope Israel is successful in its objective to get rid of Hamas but it’s so important that there is a good plan for what comes after. I like Baskin’s approach.

UPDATE: Reports of explosions in the Tel Aviv metropolitan area. Possibly Iron Dome interceptions.

There is a rally for the hostages in Tel Aviv today.

10:12 pm

Videos appear to show rockets being intercepted

The rocket fire on Tel Aviv appears to be the first attack on the city since November 20.

Footage shows attendees at a rally for hostages held in Gaza having to lie on the ground or scramble for cover as sirens sound.

:mad:

Wth is this all about.

Erdogan has been very concerning during all of this, imo, as I commented in previous threads.

What is the purpose of this. When it was initially reported last night that it was the US that had requested these 4 Libyan terrorists released, I figured it was a side deal for US hostages. Now I’m like huh. Overloaded, is Hamas holding any Turkish hostages?

—-

Eta:

I read it as the US asked Libya to imprison them which they did. Now they released them because of Turkey asking. I could be wrong, though. jmo

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reacts to Teen’s Harrowing Escape from Hamas: ‘Never Dealt with Anything Like This'​

(Ella Shani’s story, at link)

“It’s extremely important that the world hears those stories,” Schwarzenegger tells PEOPLE. “We hope that will make this hatred slowly disappear. Because a huge amount of damage is done through hatred, a huge amount of lives are lost.”

"I have never dealt with anything like this before," Schwarzenegger also admits during the event. "I always want to be there for the Jewish people, and for Israel."

Noting he's "been on this campaign for a long time to fight hate," the former governor adds, "when something like this happens, I feel personally that we have to speak out."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor