Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2m ago

UN Palestinian refugee agency relocates operations, staff, south​

The United Nations Palestinian refugee agency (UNRWA) said it relocated its central operations centre and international staff to Gaza’s south to continue its humanitarian operations and support its staff and Palestinian refugees.

“We urge the Israeli Authorities to protect all civilians in UNRWA shelters including schools,” the agency said on social media platform X.

Israel-Hamas war live: Israeli military tells Gaza city residents to evacuate ahead of operation ‘in coming days’ (theguardian.com)
19m ago00.40 EDT
IDF spokesperson Jonathan Conricus has shared the evacuation order in a daily situational update.

This is the message he shared:

“The IDF calls for the evacuation of all civilians from Gaza city, from their homes, southwards, for their own safety and protection, and to move to the area south of wadi Gaza, the river Gaza, as shown on the map,” Conricus said.

18m ago00.41 EDT
The IDF spokesperson said the warning was “distributed” in Arabic with a map accompanying it.

13m ago00.47 EDT
The message from the IDF to Gazans continued:

“The Hamas terrorist organisation waged a war against the state of Israel, and Gaza City is an area where military operations are taking place. This evacuation is for your own safety. You will be able to return to Gaza city only when another announcement permitting it is made. Do not approach the area of the security fence of Israel. Hamas terrorists are hiding in Gaza city, inside tunnels, underneath houses and inside buildings populated with innocent civilians who are using you as human shields.

In the following dys the IDF will continue to operate with significant force in Gaza city and will make extensive efforts to avoid harming civilians.”

Conricus gestured towards a map, showing that Gazans must travel south, rather than towards the fence. The fence is a far shorter distance from Gaza city than the river they have been told to cross.

11m ago00.50 EDT
Conricus said, “we understand that this will take time, it’s not an easy process”.

He said that the evacuation message was communicated to the UN.

He did not indicate how long the IDF would give Gazans to evacuate.

The UN has said it has been told the evacuations must take place in 24 hours, a task it called “impossible without devastating humanitarian consequences”.

9m ago00.52 EDT
“Our aim is to take all of Hamas’s military abilities and strip them away,” IDF spokesperson Jonathan Conricus said.

Looks like there are hospitals just South of the River Gaza. How many thousand are injured, and how many of those injured are Hamas soldiers?
You're correct that some of the population may be Hamas soldiers. But I would bet the majority are civilians.
And while they may have hospitals, do they have power to the hospitals? Water has been turned off according to Isreal. How far will the population (including the elderly and children) be able to walk without water?
This whole situation is hearbreaking. I'm praying Isreal finds a way to bring this conflict to an end.
ETA: I hope no one takes my comments as siding with the enemy. I'm 100% against Hamas & 100% with Isreal but I've been an RN for many years (now retired) and helping human beings has been my focus regardless of gender, race or religion. My heart hurts for all innocent people, on both sides.

Last edited:
Unless you haven't eaten well in days or haven't had water lately or are injured or are slowed because you are caring for an elder or younger who moves more slowly or you're disabled or you have asthma, etc. (I think back to a year ago when I was care-taking for my cancer-stricken mother. She couldn't walk. She was in so much pain that movement hurt. So something like a wheelchair over a few miles would be out of the question. Would you abandon your parent or stay by their side in this situation?)

Not sure how even hordes of people walking would work through a bombed out area. Will it be 20k walking? 50k? 500K?

Hypothetical musings on my part. But walking is not easy for everyone.

War may have winners but there are many who lose (on every side of the fight).

Imo.
1.1 million people, allegedly, are asked to vacate the specific area where Hamas has weapons and organizational infrastructure, and they're all injured, hungry, thirsty, and unable to move? I don't believe that.

Looks like the distance is about 10 km, or 6 miles. It's not that difficult to manage that distance in 24 hours.

They may have hospitals but do they have power to the hospitals?
We know that hospitals in Gaza City are running out of supplies and power, so it seems like a good idea to head to the hospital to the south.

It sounds like there are so many excuses from the terrorists for keeping women and children as human shields. Hopefully those women can <modsnip> take their children to safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
9min ago

IDF trying to minimize harm to Gazan civilians, spokesman says

After ordering residents of Gaza City to evacuate, IDF spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari stresses that Israel does not want to harm Palestinian civilians.

“We are fighting a terror group, not the Gazan population. We want civilians not to be harmed, but we cannot live with the rule of Hamas-ISIS near our border,” Hagari says in a call with reporters.

He says the order to evacuate Palestinians from the area is intended to enable “freedom of action and to deepen the damage” against Hamas.

“Hamas carried out one of the most horrific acts the world has seen, we are carrying out an effort to evacuate residents to deepen the damage, to collapse this organization,” Hagari says.

After the UN says such an evacuation within 24 hours would be impossible, Hagari says “We understand it will take several days.”

“We are conveying [the warning] through communication channels and in Arabic, there are ways for the message to reach the population,” he adds. “Whoever does not listen to these recommendations, puts his family in danger.”

He says that in the past day, there had been a number of clashes between troops and terrorists along the Gaza border fence, but few incidents in Israeli territory.

The IDF believes it has located the vast majority of terrorists who infiltrated into Israel last weekend, and that no new terrorists have managed to infiltrate into the country in recent days.

Hagari also says the IDF is still focusing efforts to kill senior Hamas members.

1.1 million people, allegedly, are asked to vacate the specific area where Hamas has weapons and organizational infrastructure, and they're all injured, hungry, thirsty, and unable to move? I don't believe that.

Looks like the distance is about 10 km, or 6 miles. It's not that difficult to manage that distance in 24 hours.
BBM
And at least 150 hostages.

Israel Gaza live news: Israel wants 1.1 million Gazans to move in next 24 hours, says UN - BBC News
Posted at 22:0422:04

Israeli military tells Gaza City residents to leave for 'safety and protection'​

In the last hour we've heard from the Israeli military, which has directly told civilians of Gaza City to evacuate to the south.

"You will be able to return to Gaza City only when another announcement permitting it is made," officials said in the statement addressed to the city, which is the main urban area of the Gaza Strip.

The IDF said Hamas militants are hiding inside tunnels underneath the ciy and inside buildings populated with civilians. It urged civilians to evacuate the city "for your own safety and the safety of your families and distance yourself from Hamas terrorists who are using you as human shields".

"In the following days, the IDF will continue to operate significantly in Gaza City and make extensive efforts to avoid harming civilians," it added.

[...]

1m ago

IDF evacuation order: what we know​

The United Nations said late on Thursday evening in New York that it had received an evacuation order from the Israeli Defence Forces saying that everyone in northern Gaza should leave within the next 24 hours and go to the south.

The spokesperson for the UN Secretary General said that the area included 1.1 million people, and that the task would be “impossible without devastating humanitarian consequences”.

A short while later, at 7,30 am in Tel Aviv, an IDF spokesperson released a daily video update in which he read out a statement from the IDF directed at residents of Gaza City calling for them to evacuate south of the Gaza river.

Reuters reports that the population of Gaza city is one million people. Al Jazeera reports that it is 700,000 people.

The update did not indicate how much time Palestinians would be given to evacuate. Conricus said only, “we understand that this will take time, it’s not an easy process”.

It read, in full:

The IDF calls for the evacuation of all civilians from Gaza city, from their homes, southwards, for their own safety and protection, and to move to the area south of wadi Gaza, the river Gaza, as shown on the map.
The Hamas terrorist organisation waged a war against the state of Israel, and Gaza City is an area where military operations are taking place. This evacuation is for your own safety. You will be able to return to Gaza city only when another announcement permitting it is made. Do not approach the area of the security fence of Israel. Hamas terrorists are hiding in Gaza city, inside tunnels, underneath houses and inside buildings populated with innocent civilians who are using you as human shields.
In the following days the IDF will continue to operate with significant force in Gaza city and will make extensive efforts to avoid harming civilians.”

BBM
And at least 150 hostages.
I suspect that is the goal - to locate the hostages in the Hamas tunnels. I would be surprised if they are all alive at this point. It's highly unlikely that anyone is giving them food, water, electricity.

I don't know why anyone wants to portray the people of Gaza City as helpless and incapable of walking for a couple of hours. Clearly Hamas are highly organized barbarians who enjoy torture, mutilation and murder.

Last edited:

Bbm.
I doubt it as well.

Here's my guess : Hamas or another entity wants everyone to think that these people cannot be moved so they can continue their use as human shields.
If so, this is tragic and revolting.

Also thinking that even if some in Gaza want to break with Hamas and leave, they're not going to be allowed to do so.
Omo.

46s ago
“This is chaos, no one understands what to do,” said Inas Hamdan, an officer at the UN Palestinian refugee agency in Gaza City told an Associated Press reporter while she grabbed whatever she could throw into her bags as the panicked shouts of her relatives could be heard around her.

She said all the UN staff in Gaza City and northern Gaza had been told to evacuate south to Rafah.

8:15 am

IDF warning meant for all northern Gaza

A military official tells Army Radio that though the IDF’s warning telling Gazans to flee south is directed specifically at Gaza City, it is meant to cover all areas of northern Gaza.

According to the report, the army believes some 300,000 to 400,000 Gazans from areas north of Gaza City have already fled, but wants to clear out Gaza City itself as well.

According to the UN, 340,000 Gazans have been displaced since Israel began its campaign following Hamas’s massacre of over 1,300 Israelis.

43s ago
Another UN official told the Associated Press that the United Nation is trying to get clarity from Israeli officials at the senior most political level, after the UN was issued with a broader evacuation order than the order the IDF announced publicly a short while later.

“It’s completely unprecedented” the official said, speaking to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak publicly.

Panicked rumors of an evacuation had begun to spread in north Gaza in the early morning Friday, AP reports.

I suspect that is the goal - to locate the hostages in the Hamas tunnels. I would be surprised if they are all alive at this point. It's highly unlikely that anyone is giving them food, water, electricity.

I don't know why anyone wants to portray the people of Gaza City as helpless and incapable of walking for a couple of hours. Clearly they are highly organized barbarians who enjoy torture, mutilation and murder.
No, only Hamas are barbarians, not the entire population of Gaza City. Please be careful with your words.

Bbm.
I doubt it as well.

Here's my guess : Hamas or another entity wants everyone to think that these people cannot be moved so they can continue their use as human shields.
If so, this is tragic and revolting.

Also thinking that even if some in Gaza want to break with Hamas and leave, they're not going to be allowed to do so.
Omo.
That's exactly what is happening. Rather than support Israel's urgency in locating hostages and eliminating Hamas, all the people of Gaza city are suddenly crippled, hungry, thirsty, injured and unable to walk. It sounds like complete nonsense.

Hamas brought this on their own communities, and now they want to play the victim where everyone should feel sorry for them when they are confronted with the atrocities that they carried out last weekend. The people of Gaza city need to evacuate and there is no excuse for staying where they are ... unless they are Hamas and intend to defend their tunnels.

46s ago
“This is chaos, no one understands what to do,” said Inas Hamdan, an officer at the UN Palestinian refugee agency in Gaza City told an Associated Press reporter while she grabbed whatever she could throw into her bags as the panicked shouts of her relatives could be heard around her.

She said all the UN staff in Gaza City and northern Gaza had been told to evacuate south to Rafah.

Excellent. So the people of Gaza City received the message to evacuate and some are listening!

Unless you haven't eaten well in days or haven't had water lately or are injured or are slowed because you are caring for an elder or younger who moves more slowly or you're disabled or you have asthma, etc. (I think back to a year ago when I was care-taking for my cancer-stricken mother. She couldn't walk. She was in so much pain that movement hurt. So something like a wheelchair over a few miles would be out of the question. Would you abandon your parent or stay by their side in this situation?)

Not sure how even hordes of people walking would work through a bombed out area. Will it be 20k walking? 50k? 500K?

Hypothetical musings on my part. But walking is not easy for everyone.

War may have winners but there are many who lose (on every side of the fight).

Imo.
the other thing is that you are not going to another building- you are abandoning whatever you have to go be on a crowded street somewhere for ... several days? weeks? no bed, no roof, no food...dark at night, pee and poop all over in short order. And if you can return, your abode will possibly be bombed to bits... or you can stay put and see if you are bombed to bits. the options are both bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot