Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, there is no such thing as ordinary Gazans. They dont even really exist.

Residents of the Gaza strip have passports that say "nationality unknown".

How humiliating can that be?
I'm pointing out that the people who are living in the Gazan strip have had a lot of $$ given to them by many countries and they don't need to steal from their neighbors.
Even recently I'd bet that people are donating to help them, so they should have means to better their lives ?
No need for theft.
Omo.

5:20 PM

Israel requests $10 billion in emergency military aid from U.S.​

“Israel has asked the U.S. for $10 billion in emergency military aid, sources familiar with the request confirm to CBS News.

President Biden is considering a full-year supplemental request for around $100 billion, which would cover defense assistance for Israel and Ukraine, border security funding, and aid to countries in the Indo-Pacific including Taiwan.

In 2022, the Biden administration requested $3.3 billion in foreign military financing for Israel and $500 million in missile defense aid, according to a Congressional Research Service report.

In 2016, Israel and the U.S. signed their third 10-year understanding that $38 billion in military aid would be distributed over the decade, the report noted. The U.S. has said aid to Israel is based on shared strategic goals in the Middle East, commitment to democratic values and historical ties dating to the creation of Israel in 1948.

Debate over U.S. aid to Israel in recent years has focused on issues regarding Israel's treatment of Palestinians, but Congress continues its "ironclad" U.S. commitment to Israel's security, the report said.”

I will believe Israel’s stmt over Hamas any day of the week. Hopefully with more info and solid evidence everyone will know the truth about how this hospital ended up being bombed
I came here to say this too. Why would I choose to believe terrorists who initiated all of this and have shown the world who they are and what they will do to fellow human beings? Maybe it was a strike by Israel but at this point, if they say they didn’t do it, I believe them over terrorists. How devastating though. I was looking through the Snapchat map over in Gaza and it was heartbreaking to see the people loading the deceased into the back of the truck or sitting with a deceased loved one who is wrapped in a white blanket/sheet. The place is torn apart. Just so so unbelievable.

Wounded people after attack on Gaza Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital
Injured people are being taken to Al-Shifa Hospital following an Israeli airstrike that Gaza officials say hit Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza City, on Oct. 17, 2023.ALI JADALLAH/ANADOLU VIA GETTY IMAGES / source CBS

6 min ago

IDF may share intelligence proving Israel not responsible for Gaza hospital bombing, spokesperson says​

From CNN’s Sahar Akbarzai and Samira Jafari

A spokesperson for the Israel Defense Forces said it might share intelligence or raw data with the world to prove that Israel is not responsible for the attack on the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza as Israel claims.

IDF spokesperson Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said “maybe" when pushed about releasing more information.

When asked if the IDF was 100% certain that it was not an IDF missile strike that hit the hospital in Gaza, Conricus said he is “as certain as anybody in war can be with millions of pieces of information flying around."

"But after a very serious review, I can say that is the information that we have now we are confident and the information that we have says this was a failed launch by Islamic Jihad," he said.

In response to a question about if there were IDF missile strikes in the vicinity or blocks within the hospital in Gaza, Conricus said: “Not as far as I’m aware.”
While Israel says "IDF does not target hospitals,” the United Nations and Doctors Without Borders say during the past 10 days, Israeli airstrikes have struck medical facilities, including hospitals and ambulances.

Officials in Gaza blame Israel for the hospital attack, while IDF says it was Islamic Jihad's "failed rocket launch" and denies it was behind the hit.

Thanks, it's good to hear from both sides. ^^^

Question: What IF those ambulances were filled with explosives or ammo, & were bound for a different location ?
So the IDF had to take it out ?
Is this a possibility ?
Omo.

The iron dome. How would it factor in with the latest development of the hospital bombing? I heard a blip on CNN, but I was in a different room and didn’t hear their commentary.
IMO it does not factor in at all. The rocket was launched from Gaza and landed in Gaza, not over any Israeli city.

1 min ago

World Health Organization says healthcare facilities should never be targeted​

From CNN's Jen Christensen

1697582917090.jpeg
People are assisted at Shifa Hospital after the Al-Ahli Hospital was hit by a blast in Gaza City on Tuesday, October 17, 2023. Mohammed Al-Masri/Reuters

World Health Organization leaders on Tuesday strongly condemned the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital blast, calling it an attack “unprecedented in scale.”

In addition to caring for patients, the hospital had also been sheltering thousands of internally displaced people, the WHO said.

“We want to express our deepest grief at a horror, horror that has unfolded this evening at Al-Ahli hospital,” Dr. Richard Peeperkorn, WHO representative for the occupied Palestinian territories said in a news conference Tuesday. “This attack is unprecedented in scale, but WHO has seen consistent attacks in health care in occupied Palestinian territory.”

The WHO does not have specific casualty numbers yet from the hospital blast but said area reports indicate fatalities and injuries number in the hundreds.

“We are all deeply shocked by the events unfolding in Gaza this evening,” said Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme. He added the locations of these hospitals is "absolutely clear."

“Healthcare is not a target. It should never be a target of anyone in conflict. That is enshrined in international humanitarian law and we’re seeing this breeched again, and again, and again over the last week and it has to stop,” Ryan said. “It must stop. We cannot leave doctors and nurses to make the choices they’re having to make. It is inhuman.”
Officials in Gaza have blamed an Israeli airstrike for the blast, while Israel says they did not strike the hospital and blamed it on a failed rocket launch by the Islamic Jihad militant group.

The hospital was one of 20 in the north of Gaza facing evacuation orders from the Israeli military, but the order has been “impossible” to carry out given the current security situation, and a lack of staff and ambulances, Dr. Ahmed Al-Mandhari, WHO regional director for the Eastern Mediterranean, said.

“WHO calls for the immediate active protection of civilians and health care,” Al-Mandhari said. “International humanitarian law must be abided. By which means healthcare must be actively protected and never targeted.”
The WHO said even before the hospital blast there were more than 100 attacks on health care workers: 51 of them in Gaza with 15 health care workers killed on duty, 27 injured and 24 health facilities damaged.

1 min ago

World Health Organization says healthcare facilities should never be targeted​

From CNN's Jen Christensen

View attachment 454003
People are assisted at Shifa Hospital after the Al-Ahli Hospital was hit by a blast in Gaza City on Tuesday, October 17, 2023. Mohammed Al-Masri/Reuters

World Health Organization leaders on Tuesday strongly condemned the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital blast, calling it an attack “unprecedented in scale.”

In addition to caring for patients, the hospital had also been sheltering thousands of internally displaced people, the WHO said.

“We want to express our deepest grief at a horror, horror that has unfolded this evening at Al-Ahli hospital,” Dr. Richard Peeperkorn, WHO representative for the occupied Palestinian territories said in a news conference Tuesday. “This attack is unprecedented in scale, but WHO has seen consistent attacks in health care in occupied Palestinian territory.”

The WHO does not have specific casualty numbers yet from the hospital blast but said area reports indicate fatalities and injuries number in the hundreds.

“We are all deeply shocked by the events unfolding in Gaza this evening,” said Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme. He added the locations of these hospitals is "absolutely clear."

Officials in Gaza have blamed an Israeli airstrike for the blast, while Israel says they did not strike the hospital and blamed it on a failed rocket launch by the Islamic Jihad militant group.

The hospital was one of 20 in the north of Gaza facing evacuation orders from the Israeli military, but the order has been “impossible” to carry out given the current security situation, and a lack of staff and ambulances, Dr. Ahmed Al-Mandhari, WHO regional director for the Eastern Mediterranean, said.

The WHO said even before the hospital blast there were more than 100 attacks on health care workers: 51 of them in Gaza with 15 health care workers killed on duty, 27 injured and 24 health facilities damaged.

Dr Mike:

“Healthcare is not a target. It should never be a target of anyone in conflict. That is enshrined in international humanitarian law and we’re seeing this breeched again, and again, and again over the last week and it has to stop,” Ryan said. “It must stop. We cannot leave doctors and nurses to make the choices they’re having to make. It is inhuman.”

With all due respect, there is no such thing as ordinary Gazans. They dont even really exist.

Residents of the Gaza strip have passports that say "nationality unknown".

How humiliating can that be?

My Aussie passport does not state my nationality. Only my physical details and my passport number. The very fact that I have an Aussie passport provides my nationality.

The Palestinian people can get a passport designated as a Palestinian Authority passport. One would think that provides them with proof of their nationality?

ETA Link

Last edited:
1m ago
The Palestinian Authority president, Mahmoud Abbas, confirmed he would not be meeting Joe Biden in Amman, adding that any talks about anything else rather than stopping the war is unacceptable.

Abbas said targeting the Al-Ahli Arabi Baptist hospital in Gaza was a “hideous war massacre” that cannot be tolerated, Reuters reported. He added:

Israel has crossed all red lines. ... We will not leave nor allow anyone to expel us from there.
The Gaza health ministry, which is run by Hamas, has claimed that an Israeli airstrike on the hospital killed hundreds of people.

The Israeli military has denied responsibility, suggesting the hospital was hit by a rocket barrage launched by the Palestinian Islamic Jihad militant group. Islamic Jihad also denied responsibility.

4 min ago

Israelis have shared information about hospital explosion with the US, officials say​

From CNN's Oren Liebermann

Israel has shared information about the explosion at the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza with the United States, Israeli officials say.
“There have been conversations between the Israeli side and the American side,” said Mark Regev, an advisor to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. “We have shared the knowledge that we have — the information we have — with the Americans.”
US intelligence officials are working to understand what happened at the hospital.
Palestinian officials have accused Israel of carrying out an airstrike that killed hundreds of people in the hospital. Israel has blamed Palestinian Islamic Jihad for a failed rocket launch that hit the hospital.

I'm pointing out that the people who are living in the Gazan strip have had a lot of $$ given to them by many countries and they don't need to steal from their neighbors.
Even recently I'd bet that people are donating to help them, so they should have means to better their lives ?
No need for theft.
Omo.
Gaza has a government: Hamas. But what has Hamas done for them? They receive billions and billions of dollars in aid, and billions more from other benefactors. But we see that their hospitals are all run by outside agencies, they have no independent water system, no mass transit, a blockade leaves them starving a couple of days because there are no food stores, but there are billions of dollars of rockets to rain down on Israel. There is no one to negotiate with. There can be no solutions as long as Hamas is there and any aid or relief just goes to more weapons or siphoned off to Qatari bank accounts.

I came here to say this too. Why would I choose to believe terrorists who initiated all of this and have shown the world who they are and what they will do to fellow human beings? Maybe it was a strike by Israel but at this point, if they say they didn’t do it, I believe them over terrorists. How devastating though. I was looking through the Snapchat map over in Gaza and it was heartbreaking to see the people loading the deceased into the back of the truck or sitting with a deceased loved one who is wrapped in a white blanket/sheet. The place is torn apart. Just so so unbelievable.
I tend to believe Israel. It is hard for me to think that they routed these people a way to leave and then do the very same thing that Hamas did in their attack.

Israel has no need to issue propaganda. There are plenty of photos and video that prove the horrific terrorist attack on the very innocent human victims. Twice in the last two days, I have received an email from a online publication asking me to subscribe and making outrageous, propaganda claims. My response was to hit spam.

JMO
Agreed 100 %. ^^^

Hamas' even provided its' own gopro footage.
Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member